• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So uh... this week was the 5th Anniversary of Kid Icarus Uprising.

Genuinely one of my favorite games of all time.

Every single aspect of this game had so much love and thought put into it, and the games just oozes personality and charm. One of the all time best ensemble performances I've ever seen in a game too, literally every voice actor NAILED their character, and there are quite a few of them. Palutena is a GOAT Nintendo character as it is because of this game and that claim can be made for many of the characters in it honestly.

Do yourself a favor and give it an honest shot. It's 100% worth it.

GokouD

Amazing, amazing game, I'd love an HD remake. I think the controls could be brilliant on the Switch, you could hold a button to simulate touching the screen, flick the joycon to set the camera spinning, then tap again to stop it. If the weighting was right it would be fantastic.

fireflame

I enjoyed air fights but didn't like ground fights so much. If anything i wish a sequel came with air fights only. The camera was not very good during ground battles.

MrBadger

One thing I feel about the game's narrative is that Pit never had a good answer to the villains and he really was just doing what he was told.
He was never able to convince Viridi that humans were worth prioritising over everything else, and he was never able to disprove Hades' view on reincarnation being no different to ceasing to exist entirely.

Another hand raised for wanting a remaster on the switch. Hell, they don't even have to do much. Native resolution, 60FPS, and Twinstick controls. that's IT.

They could knock this out in six months and have another top tier game for the switch.

I think ground battles would have worked just fine, but the issue is the stylus aiming in the air battles.

The one thing the Wii U would have actually been suitable for and they never did it. That and the visuals really wouldn't be passable on Switch in my opinion. It's a damn good looking 3DS game, but it wouldn't look so pretty on the big screen.

I enjoyed air fights but didn't like ground fights so much. If anything i wish a sequel came with air fights only. The camera was not very good during ground battles.

At that point, I think you're better off wanting a sequel to Sin & Punishment: Star Sucessor, which is basically an all grown up version of KIU's aerial battles.

Top Bottom