• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So uhh, that Crash remaster is looking pretty fucking good.

Tizoc

D6cdVbE.png

Pre-loading now

it's finally happening...!

I logged into my ps4 to see if the preload is up but NOTHING
NOTHING
IT JUST SAYS IT UNLOCKS IN 1 DAY 15 HOURS
SONTY PLS
*Starts preload from Web browser*
GREAT SUCCESS!

KiNolin

No reviews before release? I take it, it's the same games, but iirc there was a report about input lag that made me a little nervous.

I haven't played Crash 2 or 3 yet. But so far. The game's physics can be very off at times. Like there are times when I try to jump on a turtle (For example) and Crash will completely go through the enemy and he takes a hit from them. It's actually very annoying at times. Besides that, the game is quite faithful to the PS1 games. The graphics are solid too. I can confirm, the game runs at 1080p 30FPS on a standard PS4.

EDIT: There is a 132MB day 1 patch that just has bugfixes. Nothing more than that.

CHC

I might actually walk to a store and buy the physical edition.

Normally I'm PC-centric and digital only, but in this case, something just feels right about putting an actual disk into an actual console to play this. Maybe it's the fact I still have this bad boy in my drawer despite the fact that my PS1 is looooong gone:

CHC

I'm also now realizing two minor changes that I think are really good / tasteful:

The jump 10 times boxes now give you mangoes in groups of 3 at a time, so you don't need to jump on them SO many times.

And there is a "ghost crate" at the end of the level telling you how many crates you've gotten, so you can potentially go back and get the missing ones rather than replay the whole level.

I'm also now realizing two minor changes that I think are really good / tasteful:

The jump 10 times boxes now give you mangoes in groups of 3 at a time, so you don't need to jump on them SO many times.

And there is a "ghost crate" at the end of the level telling you how many crates you've gotten, so you can potentially go back and get the missing ones rather than replay the whole level.

This was already a thing in 2 and 3. Did they add it into 1?

Two days left.

I never played the original Crash games. Well, I played one level of Crash 2 at a friends place.

I loved Wrath of the Cortex tho. Excited for this.

RockmanBN

Expecting low 80's. Usually older games do not review as well now than people who initially played and praise the games.

That's probably a high guess. Didn't the 360 ports of Banjo get low 70's?

Moze

Banned
Amazon just despatched my copy! Any chance it might get here a day early...?

Mine has also been dispatched from Amazon (UK). This is the first time Amazon has sent out a game a day early for me. They have always got games to me on release day but they always dispatch the day before release date.

It's possible it has been dispatched but won't actually be picked up by Royal Mail until tomorrow.

AlanOC91

ffs Gamestop are selling this for €45 while it's £27 on Amazon but I'll most likely have to wait until Monday/Tuesday for it to arrive over being in Ireland.

『Inaba Resident』;242064858 said:
This was already a thing in 2 and 3. Did they add it into 1?

Not only is it there, now the counter when you press triangle is the same as Crash 3, so you always know how many boxes are there in a level

Other changes done to Crash 1 exclusively: you can save at any time, boxes don't reset after dying and bonus levels can be replayed at any time after collecting all the icons, however due to these changes bonus levels are needed to collect the gems

I feel the long-ish loading times will also be a point of contention.

Definitely, while they are not long for modern standards they are quite clearly significantly longer than the original games

Animagne

I got my copy early. All I can say is I wish I would someday make something so good, that 20 years later people would remaster it with such love and care.

If this gets an 80 average on MC/OC that would be a resounding success.

I love the Crash trilogy to death but some parts of them have definitely not aged well, and I think that will be reflected in the review scores.

Yukinari

Amazon hasent shipped my order out yet but the date still says the 30th.

This happens far too often with this company. Im sick of it.

This may be one of my favorite things a developer has *ever* done in terms of easter eggs:

In the original Crash 3, there's a spot you can stand during the Tiny Tiger boss fight to entirely avoid being hurt by the lions that he sends after you -- in N.Sane trilogy, if you try to stand there, and "cheese" the fight,
the audience of Cortex minions throw cheese at you.

Video:

Kinsei

Banned
This may be one of my favorite things a developer has *ever* done in terms of easter eggs:

In the original Crash 3, there's a spot you can stand during the Tiny Tiger boss fight to entirely avoid being hurt by the lions that he sends after you -- in N.Sane trilogy, if you try to stand there, and "cheese" the fight,

Video:

That is great.

Ahasverus

Video:
HAHAHAHAHAHA no way

Top Bottom