• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So uhh, that Crash remaster is looking pretty fucking good.

Drencrom

Still not sure which game I should start with, 1 or 2.

1 is harder so it makes sense to start with 2 instead I guess, but I kinda want to do them chronologically.

SNURB

This may be one of my favorite things a developer has *ever* done in terms of easter eggs:

In the original Crash 3, there's a spot you can stand during the Tiny Tiger boss fight to entirely avoid being hurt by the lions that he sends after you -- in N.Sane trilogy, if you try to stand there, and "cheese" the fight,
the audience of Cortex minions throw cheese at you.

Video:
It's been almost 20 years since Warped and I didn't even know you could do that in the original.

Nice touch.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member

1 is harder so it makes sense to start with 2 instead I guess, but I kinda want to do them chronologically.

I'll be doing like i did with the Jak and Daxter PS3 remasters....i'll start with 1 and platinum them in order.

lunchtoast

I played 2 first then went back and played 1 and then 3, so I'm going to do that order again.

Copy just shipped. I actually never played through any of them so this should be a treat. What I did play of each three seemed really good especially the sequels.

silva1991

This may be one of my favorite things a developer has *ever* done in terms of easter eggs:

In the original Crash 3, there's a spot you can stand during the Tiny Tiger boss fight to entirely avoid being hurt by the lions that he sends after you -- in N.Sane trilogy, if you try to stand there, and "cheese" the fight,

Video:

This is fucking amazing.

TheOGB

Banned
I can't unsee the mustache.
I can't see it in the first place lol

Video:
Excellent

Each game has three manual save slots and an autosave slot.
Perfect. I'm gonna have a slot on each game dedicated to a playthrough with my family. They're all really looking forward to Friday, it's great haha.

Wollan

Video:
That's excellent.

Unknown?

Nobody should take small European retailers seriously when they list something like that. C'mon Eurogamer, y'all should know that by now. Wait for an official announcement.
Yeah there are lots of games that never came out they said would but on the other hand some have. Still worth a grain of salt.

My order was actually 3-2-1 way back when lol, don't kill me.

I will be playing this in order though.

wtf @ Amazon changing my delivery date to the 4th? Fuck outta here

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Just play it in order folks.

Why leave 1 for later when it's unanimously considered the worst of the 3.

mazillion

This will be my first experience with the original 3 games so its chronical order no question.

I want to get a feel for how the games progressed over time. If thats even possible with them being remakes but still.

Cody_D165

Banned
Just got my Amazon shipping notification. Hype :)

Still can't believe this isn't launching at full price. Paying $34 for this w/ prime seems like a steal.

This will be my first experience with the original 3 games so its chronical order no question.

I want to get a feel for how the games progressed over time. If thats even possible with them being remakes but still.

Despite the fact that Crash 1 has been made far more modern and honestly brought forward to being a great game instead of just a decent one by the remake, you'll definitely notice the progression because the structure of the three and the ideas in them still show the evolution.

I never seem to have any luck with release-day delivery. Amazon just sent me an email saying the estimate is July 4 (Tuesday). Is this one month of free prime worthy, lol?

Video:

Woah, amazing touch

Will be playing in order trying to platinum each one before moving on. Would imagine it would be hard to go back to 1 after playing the latter two, even with some of the QOL changes they're making to the first game.

Video:

And bought.

Video:

These are the little things that make an already incredible looking product seem even better.

Yukinari

I never seem to have any luck with release-day delivery. Amazon just sent me an email saying the estimate is July 4 (Tuesday). Is this one month of free prime worthy, lol?

If you have prime and they dont deliver something on time you most certainly deserve a free month or 10 dollar credit.

You can ask customer support.

rj118

Sorry if this has been posted already.. my Amazon preorder came with a DLC code and I'm wondering what that is for. The email was no help, it just said how to activate the code.

Edit: Pre-order Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy to get three N.Sane PS4 Theme Packs

EVO

This thread has been a real eye opener for me; I always thought Crash 1 was considered the best of the series. It's the only one I've been replaying over the years, so if the sequels are even better I'm in for a treat.

goldenpp72

This thread has been a real eye opener for me; I always thought Crash 1 was considered the best of the series. It's the only one I've been replaying over the years, so if the sequels are even better I'm in for a treat.

Crash 1 is like a fucked up alpha version of 2, infinitely superior game and the game I define the entire series by. 3 is a solid game too, but has a bit too much fluff to be as consistent.

It's considered widely the worst but it has some things I love that 2 and 3 don't have. I love the darker atmosphere, it tries to present more consistent world rather than just video game levels, and it's the most challenging which I like. I love that there are few gems that are tricky to get, gems are walk in the park on 2 and 3 (and N.Sane trilogy since they made getting gems easier in 1).

It's considered widely the worst but it has some things I love that 2 and 3 don't have. I love the darker atmosphere, it tries to present more consistent world rather than just video game levels, and it's the most challenging which I like. I love that there are few gems that are tricky to get, gems are walk in the park on 2 and 3 (and N.Sane trilogy since they made getting gems easier in 1).

Colored gems still require deathless runs, and they also made you need to do the extremely difficult Brio and Cortex bonuses in their levels.

I still can't believe Amazon is shipping my copy ON release day instead of arriving on it. I can't wait til the 3rd of July! I have Prime Shipping!

Just wanted to pop in here and say that while I can understand people disliking the original. or considering it the the worst of the three, it's still my favorite.

There's just something about how sort of obtuse and rough the game is that I think gives it so much charm. I love that there's only running, jumping, and spinning. And I also love the slippery way that Crash feels, how he sort of lumbers forward.

Like others have mentioned, I also enjoy the more consistent themes of the levels and the general overall difficulty and purity of the game.

Will definitely be playing 1 > 2 > 3. Personal preference of the games being 1 > 2 > 3 haha, though Cortex Strikes Back is pretty close in quality to the original to me. Definitely feel like Warped is the weakest though.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Managed to snag a pre-order on Amazon when they got more stock 2 days ago. Unfortunately the delivery date isn't until July 4th. Got my discount though so I don't mind.

Top Bottom