• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what is the hardest boss in any video game ever?

Gila

B.K. said:
Original Weltall in Xenogears. You're not SUPPOSED to be able to beat it, but with the right planning from the beginning of the game, you have a chance, if you're lucky.
This is the correct answer

but what the fuck at OP's vid..

.GqueB. said:
Is he a required boss? I stopped playing in that silly castle where everything status attacks you and I was thinking of getting back to it at some point.

Completely optional, and its a great game.

Seda said:
Cast reflect and the meteor spell can't hit you.

I was certain this didn't work when I tried it repeatedly, the spell is reflect proof isn't it?

EDIT

http://lostodyssey.wikia.com/wiki/Killalon

Yeah, even if you use Reversa, the turn it takes up means he just instakills you with something else. That's what I remember happening EVERY TIME.

rCIZZLE

Falseking.png

Demon's Souls was one of the hardest games I've ever played and had an appropriately difficult end boss.

Jasconius

Clydefrog said:
The final boss in Puzzle Quest was a bastard!
I had to look this up because I just played this a couple months ago and I remember him being super easy. Apparently he's really hard if you actually have a spell-oriented class, but if you aren't he (and the rest of the the latter parts of the game) are actually all pieces of cake. ;p

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Probably (the original unpatched) Absolute Virtue in FFXI. Never beaten legit if I recall, only way anyone found was glitching him.

SE swore blind there was a secret trick to winning, but even after releasing a hint vid noone was any the wiser!

Seda

Mama Robotnik said:
I was certain this didn't work when I tried it repeatedly, the spell is reflect proof isn't it?

No. Annihilation will be reflected. It won't do any damage to him, but it won't affect you.

In fact, it's like a missed turn. Keeping reflect on is easy, and he tries to use it alot and it does nothing except waste time.

Requeim

Jasconius said:
I had to look this up because I just played this a couple months ago and I remember him being super easy. Apparently he's really hard if you actually have a spell-oriented class, but if you aren't he (and the rest of the the latter parts of the game) are actually all pieces of cake. ;p

Never had any problemsr, but i wasn't a magic dude either

Dugog the ogre on the other hand....

Thanks to this thread I just spent the last 20 minutes ogling at YT videos from bullet hell shooter bosses. Hibachi, double hibachi, triple hibachi, Zatsuza. o_O

Shit's crazy, man.

cj_iwakura

Requeim said:
Never had any problemsr, but i wasn't a magic dude either

Dugog the ogre on the other hand....

I wrecked that fool, and I was a magician.

Demi-Fiend is the stuff of nightmares. Took me around 30 hours, cumulative. 50+ if you count prep time.

Syril

SNK can't top this shit.

The highlights include:
A super that kills instantly. (1:28)
A super that kills instantly and is apparently unavoidable and has no startup. (3:33)
A super that renders her invincible while healing her and maxing out her super meter. (3:25)

Risette

A Good Citizen
SteelAttack said:
Thanks to this thread I just spent the last 20 minutes ogling at YT videos from bullet hell shooter bosses. Hibachi, double hibachi, triple hibachi, Zatsuza. o_O

Shit's crazy, man.
Don't forget DOOM!

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
rCIZZLE said:
Demon's Souls was one of the hardest games I've ever played and had an appropriately difficult end boss.
Man you only play really easy games. Demon's Souls wasn't hard.

At all.

MNC

DangerStepp said:
I laughed.

Also, I'm surprised no one has named anything from Demon's Souls or Dark Souls yet.

I vote for anything in the latter levels of Trauma Center for DS.
I still can't complete the last level. I'm probably rusty as fuck now so I won't even attempt it.

jbueno

InfiniDragon said:
This. But specifically, Zankuro from Samurai Shodown (believe it was IV), on the hardest difficulty. Complete bullshit.

He gave me way more trouble on III, but then again every AI fight on SSIII was like that since matches would end in about 3 slashes. Still loved that game though.

Clydefrog said:
The final boss in Puzzle Quest was a bastard!

Bain? He was easy so long as you have Death Gaze. That was the game's win button.

And for fighting games, the SNK bosses are legendary; but so is Shin Akuma and Seth.

cj_iwakura

Jive Turkey said:
Man you only play really easy games. Demon's Souls wasn't hard.

At all.

Sad but true. None of the bosses, even the optional ones, are that difficult at all, in either game. NG+ is another can of worms, of course.

At best, they're easily cheesed out. At worse, you can still kill them with good strategies and patience.

Even if you do EVERYTHING right against the Demi-Fiend, bad luck can easily kill you.

Even when that bastard was on his knees near death, FULLY DEBUFFED,he almost killed my whole team.

TheBear

There is marked difference between "Hard" and "Cheap".

Gill and SNK bosses are all cheap motherfuckers. Do they actually read your inputs in the harder settings?

Toppot

Really weak compared the others but the hardest one I did. God of War 3, Chaos (Very Hard) Mode Hades Cerberus & Satyrs. Took me 9 hours (Two 4 1/2 hour sessions)

This dude makes it look easy, but look out for when he gets hit just once near the end, takes off half his health.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDyXNCyQcoQ

NaviLink

I'm gonna go with the string of bosses at the end of Ninja Gaiden 2. They're ridiculously difficullt in this already ridiculously difficult game.

The priest is particularly annoying, since he has a random attack you can't evade from or protect against, if I recall correctly.

Instro

Anth0ny said:
Wizpig was hard as shit when I was a kid.

Then I played Castlevania.

grimreaper.jpg
Yeah but once you realize you can cheese Death with holy water that battle becomes incredibly easy.

Anyway, can we count Mike Tyson as a boss. Or for that matter, 2nd time you fight Sandman in Punchout Wii. This sort of thread heavily favors bullet hell games.

iconoclast said:
Dodonpachi Daioujou Death Label's double Hibachi. Behold: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAqqR7ee1rs

Only one person in the world has beaten it, and it took him 7 years IIRC.

Futari 1.0 Ultra Larsa is also a candidate I suppose, since I'm pretty sure no one has beaten it. (The OP video is 1.5 Ultra Larsa, which has been beaten by several people.)
I've watched this video at least 5 times now. Really impressive stuff.

goldenpp72

The dark priest in ninja gaiden 2 on master ninja (during mission mode) was my hardest ever, mostly because it's impossible to even get him to the ground sometimes without keeping his minions alive -_-

It might not be "hard", but does anyone remember that stupid optional boss in FFXII that had the highest health value of anything in the game?

Cranzor

Drkirby said:
Final Boss in Mario and Luigi 2 took perfect timing for a solid 30 minutes.

I've never been able to beat it. I went back to it a few years after I gave up and it was still as ridiculously hard as I thought it was.

Seik

Banned
That last boss from Radiant Silvergun is quite something, by this I mean without losing one single life! :p

Top Bottom