• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So... What's everyone playing?

sjboi

Playing Dark Souls 3 again (fourth time overall, first time in 2017) as a sexy red-headed pyromancer named Melisandre. I’m enjoying the NPCs/lore a lot more now than I did when I first played.

Man, where to begin. Well, I guess South Park and Evil Within 2 mainly, add Odyssey to that come friday. There's also Thimbleweed Park on the Switch to satiate that thirst for adventure and puzzles.

Speaking of which, where have actual puzzles in horror games gone to? I'm watching the Best Friends Silent Hill videos and the piano puzzle came along, I remember how proud of myself I was when I figured it out on my own back then. Nowadays, just finding an item counts as a puzzle in some cases. Or press 'X' to solve and the game does it for you. Or better yet, you get to a puzzle but the character talks you through it, like in Uncharted, my biggest peeve about those games. Granted, it gets better in later installments.

Sorry for derailing but I really miss puzzles like that. :p

I've been bouncing between MGS5, GTA5, UC4 and FO:NV over the past month.

I haven't bought any new games recently, mainly due to some strict budgeting.

I was playing fall out new Vegas on pc, then a tornado happened. Now I'm playing Fix The Computer, it's one terrible game imo. No idea what the lazy devs were thinking in terms of storyline or overall fun. Graphics are lifelike and it's harder than demon souls but there's just no substance. 4 out of 10.

kunonabi

Finished up my Wii backlog aside from the big rpgs so ill probably spend the next few days with the 3ds and Dreamcast. Culdcept Revolt and Blue Stinger are first up.

Ombra

Ffxv..i am not feeling it. I got to where I lose the care and the combat feels imprecise as fuck what a mess. I give up returning it and getting something with weight in its combat.

ErMerGerd

Neo Member
Making my way through Horizon Zero Dawn, trying to further my second playthrough before The Frozen Wilds, but Assassins Creed is gonna put a big fat damper on that one

Pilgrimm

World of Warcraft.

Anyone that can share the feeling that once you get back to it you lose all interest in other games?

All you do is you play WoW, once it gets boring again it feels like life has been sucked out of gaming and you won't play WoW either?

Then all you do is browse gaming sites and read about games instead of playing games.

WoW does that a lot for me.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Kitty Powers Matchmaker on PS4 with my partner.

Stop looking at me like that, it's genuinely funny.

After that? Will be trying to head back into No Man's Sky, and playing The Order 1886 as I just picked it up dirt cheap on PSN.

Just finished Patapon 3 after maxing all class skills for my party. Took an entire year of passively grinding on my daily commutes.

Been playing a lot of Warframe with the new Plains of Eidolon update, though taking a breather right now. Need to get back to playing Gravity rush 2 and Gundam VS as well.

Just been kinda busy with finally finishing university, everything is sorta dying down and I am having trouble sticking to a game atm.

Will be looking forward to the end of the week for PAX Aus! That will be fun, top priority is to play the games my friends have been making! Also Monster Hunter World is gonna be there - HYPE!

mark1982

Just finished castlevania Harmony of Dissonance on the GBA. Great game by the way. Gonna continue with Nioh DLCs - Defiant Honor & Bloodshed's End.

Then probably back to the Castlevania handheld series goodness.

CEJames

Crap ton of crap( in a good way)

FE Warriors
Life is Strange: Before the Storm
Zelda: BOTW
Xenoblade Chronicles - trying to finish it before the 2nd comes out
SAO Hollow Realization
Destiny 2 here and there.....

Leonidas

Beat Bloodborne for the first time a few days ago. Playing Dark Souls for the first time right now and will replay Ninja Gaiden Black soon.

Kadayi

Banned
I have a serious addiction to Crusader Kings 2 at present. I've been able to kick it before, but it's got its claws in real deep this time. The plotting & scheming rabbit hole of utter depravity I've gone down (i've systematically erased and undermined entire rival dynasties to promote my own) that there's simply no possibility of turning my attention to other titles for fear of losing track of all the balls I'm juggling. Great game, but it demands a lot of focus.

Fallout 4. I'm just doing build a settlement simulator right now. Oddly the rest of the game just feels boring to me right now.

protonion

-The recent Layton on 3DS. It's weak compared to the others sure, but it's better than the ot led me to believe. Fans should play it.

-Rocket League daily. Best online game ever for me. Years later it is as awesome as ever.

-I grabbed one of the Artifex Mundi hidden objects games for ps4. Some of them are 3 euros right now. They are my guilty pleasure.

-Snes mini.

thenexus6

PS+ expired and haven't bothered to renew it yet (I only play Siege anyway) so i've only been playing Fortnite on PS4.

PC I started Kathy Rain recently.

Jathaine

Phantasy Star Portable 2 (Again)
Mary Skelter: Nightmares
Dragon Quest Heroes
Grim Dawn

Just plat Four Goddesses Online last week. Thinking about picking up Dragon's Dogma on PS4 even though I already have it on PS3 and PC.

Bunga

Currently about 10 hours into Breath of the Wild. The sheer scope of the world is kinda overwhelming so far but I seem to be managing pretty well. I'm just hoovering up Shrines and interesting locations until I run out of interesting places to go then I fast travel back somewhere and choose a different direction to go in!

Played through Mega Man X for the first time ever (SNES Classic Mini). No savestates, no guide, no YT vids. Definitely a very good game.

But I've gotta say I enjoyed Mega Man VII equally if not a bit more when I played that in Spring. I found MM7's bosses to be more fun to fight.

Now started playing Mega Man & Bass and this one feels not as polished as MMX or MM7.
It reuses MM8's PS1-sprites on SNES and is quite difficult.
In my opinion Megaman&Bass is to MM8 what Castlevania Dracula X is to Rondo of Blood. Difficult game reusing assets of a superior title with somewhat lackluster level-design. But still a good game.

Currently playing bloodborne after a 2 year hiatus, got caught up in life and other games. Plus kind of hit a wall with it at the time. But it's immensely satisfying to come back, be so lost and suck.. Then relearn so much and I'm better than before. Take that dark pearl beast, it only took me 2 years lol.

Just picked up new south park on a whim, the free copy of stick of truth totally got me. Haven't started it yet.

Also, from the hype of The battlefront 2 beta, I picked up the first one again. Here's a perfect excuse to post a 30 something run with Skywalker.

https://youtu.be/qImCevtm3_E

First time I smoked in like 5 months, it starts off real slow but Def ramps up, and about halfway through I fr zoned out and just went order 66 on everyone. Felt like I was playing in VR lol.

Lucumo

Will probably stop playing WoW Vanilla on a private server and restart Final Fantasy V on the GBA (from the very beginning since I haven't played it for like...two years?).

Staf

Fallout 4. I'm just doing build a settlement simulator right now. Oddly the rest of the game just feels boring to me right now.

I'm doing this too. I would love a full game just with the settlement stuff but with more systems and customization to it.

Tiber

Neo Member
I have been hooked on Destiny 2 on PS4 since launch. I share many of the frustrations others have, especially regarding IB look (40 engrams handed in and didn't complete two full armour sets) but I love the game to death

Voidwolf

Destiny 2 on PC! I finished up with Destiny 1 really early this year and stayed dark on 2 for the PC release. I almost forgot how great the gunplay is, man, I missed this.

DarkestHour

Banned
World of Warcraft.

Anyone that can share the feeling that once you get back to it you lose all interest in other games?

All you do is you play WoW, once it gets boring again it feels like life has been sucked out of gaming and you won't play WoW either?

Then all you do is browse gaming sites and read about games instead of playing games.

WoW does that a lot for me.

That is what WoW did to me when I played it. Played it from launch through TBC and completely missed out on gaming for those few years. I probably missed out on so many good games. Oh well.

kliklik

Banned
Speaking of which, where have actual puzzles in horror games gone to? I'm watching the Best Friends Silent Hill videos and the piano puzzle came along, I remember how proud of myself I was when I figured it out on my own back then. Nowadays, just finding an item counts as a puzzle in some cases. Or press 'X' to solve and the game does it for you. Or better yet, you get to a puzzle but the character talks you through it, like in Uncharted, my biggest peeve about those games. Granted, it gets better in later installments.

Sorry for derailing but I really miss puzzles like that. :p

Uncharted The Lost Legacy actually had some shockingly good and challenging puzzles that they didn't handhold you through. I was floored.

I guess devs have been afraid to put puzzles in their games these days because they see from playtests that it stops some people dead in their tracks. It's a shame. I liked the challenging puzzles (cerebral and traversal) from the old Tomb Raiders.

I was playing fall out new Vegas on pc, then a tornado happened. Now I'm playing Fix The Computer, it's one terrible game imo. No idea what the lazy devs were thinking in terms of storyline or overall fun. Graphics are lifelike and it's harder than demon souls but there's just no substance. 4 out of 10.

Hahaha - hopefully you didn't have to pay too much for that game.

Currently playing bloodborne after a 2 year hiatus, got caught up in life and other games. Plus kind of hit a wall with it at the time. But it's immensely satisfying to come back, be so lost and suck.. Then relearn so much and I'm better than before. Take that dark pearl beast, it only took me 2 years lol.

How long did it take you to git gud again? I want to pick it back up for the dlc but I'm going to suck really bad now.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Bought way too many games recently:

PS4
Last Guardian
Gran Turismo Sport
CoD: MW Remastered

PC
Lone Echo
Project Cars 2
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Forza Horizon 3
Forza 7

But all I itch to play is Forza 7on PC.

Playing a lot of Forza 7 and Prey on PC lately. Both games are pretty fantastic. The progression system in Forza is so damn addicting, I always end up playing for hours.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Oh and Forza has been broken on PC since I updated the OS the other day. Solution is to re-install 100GB. Fuck.

Flux

Halloween horrors month for me to clear my scary game backlog. I just beat Resident Evil 4 (Xbox One) on normal. Going to run thru the extras with Ada and Mercenaries, then beat Professional.

Capping off beating the game on every platform at this point. It's convenient because whenever I feel like a replay, the game is released again.

bigJP

been playing free games lol

warframe, paladin,
just downloaded fortnight

destiny has soured me. just so bare compared to warframe

Oh and Forza has been broken on PC since I updated the OS the other day. Solution is to re-install 100GB. Fuck.

Damn. How is it broken for you? I get some pretty bad stuttering in menus, but actual races have been perfectly fine. I5 7600k and gtx 1080 on gsync 1440 screen.

I'm also on the Throne of Lies train. It can get pretty addicting, especially when you're trying to chase wins with specific classes. Will be so happy for some sort of stat tracking so I can see which classes I'm playing best.

Flux

been playing free games lol

warframe, paladin,
just downloaded fortnight

destiny has soured me. just so bare compared to warframe
Get on board with clicker heroes and gems of war. Other time sink F2P games that are casual enough to play in between other things.

Trying to hurry up and get through Pokemon Moon on 3DS in anticipation of the Ultra. I'll admit Pokemon doesn't grab me the way it used to but I still feel compelled to pay that darned Pokemon tax.

On Switch playing Splatoon 2 when I can wrestle the darned thing away from my wife, who claims she isn't a gamer but seems to relish splatting others. Some of the language I hear when she's playing, oh my! When Skyrim comes out I may just have to buy her a Switch of her own so I can get mine back.

And on PS4 I'm deep into Fallout 4. I don't understand the hate this game gets. I'm not a shooter fan in general, but the atmosphere and multiple storylines just pull me in. That and Diamond City Radio.

Top Bottom