• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, when are you officially a fat guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
ToxicAdam said:
Like Dwayne Johnson used to and covered them up with his black vest? No. But I'm starting to get a little side titty action going. I'm about 5 Chipotle burritos away from Natalie Portman's cup size.

So you have a negative cup size?

SmokyDave

Wait, I wear a 34" waist too, does that mean I should be worried?

Mind you, I'm 6ft 2" so that kinda balances things out. So no, op, you're not fat. Unless you're really short.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I'm 6'1", I weigh 240lbs.

I am fat.

Don't be cruel GAF.

da7a-1.jpg

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Actually, being fat means having more ass draped over the sides of the toilet seat, than are actually on it.

Or if a girl sits on your face and you can't hear anything anymore, she's fat.

ChiTownBuffalo

Ironborn said:
i'm no expert on fatties, but i'm pretty sure you're not fat, judging by that pic

or was that supposed to be a joke?

I think I'm fat.

entremet

ChiTownBuffalo said:
Actually, being fat means having more ass draped over the sides of the toilet seat, than are actually on it.

Or if a girl sits on your face and you can't hear anything anymore, she's fat.
I would say no. You're not sucking in your gut in that pic, right?

ChiTownBuffalo

Nah, not sucking in a gut. But you can tell by the fat under my chin.

I have body image issues. I suppose this is due to the fact that I live in a gay part of town and my next door neighbors look like David Beckham clones.

ChiTownBuffalo

This is what I look like when I turn the Photoshop filters off.

FatAsianKid%5B1%5D.jpg

*sob*

ChiTownBuffalo

Actually its shit like this that gives me body image issues.

korea-rain-013.jpg

falconzss

ChiTownBuffalo said:
Actually its shit like this that gives me body image issues.

korea-rain-013.jpg

if that's so you are definitely lacking self-esteem. you aren't fat just because you don't have such a well defined body.

ChiTownBuffalo

Actually, my self esteem is pretty good. I get a decent amount of female attention for a fat guy.

i think its because women think that I know where the food is hiding.

Ha.

or, on Z-Day, I'm going to be able to give the zombies a 30 second distraction.

See? I'm jolly abot it. Like a big, fat fuck.

*sob*

*Runs away to eat my feelings*

ToxicAdam

SmokyDave said:
Wait, I wear a 34" waist too, does that mean I should be worried?

Mind you, I'm 6ft 2" so that kinda balances things out. So no, op, you're not fat. Unless you're really short.

I haven't fit in a 34 for 3 years now. I've been a solid 36 for quite awhile. I'm 5'11 and have been holding steady around 207-213 for quite awhile. Turning 30 (and getting married) did a number on my metabolism.

Minamu

My family is calling me fat but I'm just glad I've managed to finally gain some weight, even if it's due to hamburgers & pizza. I used to look some of those starved third world children when I was a kid :( I still would if it wasn't for fast food :p Unfortunately, all of that pizza dough is now sitting comfortably around my stomach. Feels kinda good but it looks weird as hell when I'm just as thin everywhere else :lol I do have a quite healthy BMI apparently though. It's just extremely unevenly distributed!

What I'm saying is that I don't think I can see my penis anymore :'( I hate this thread!

LosDaddie

Banned
ToxicAdam said:

It's inevitable, TA.

I'll be 30 in May and my metabolism hit the shitter around 26. I still work-out (semi) regularly and it's not enough anymore. If I were doing the same work-outs 4yrs ago that I'm doing now, there's no way I'd be 180 lbs. I'd be around my "correct" weight of 165 lbs.

TomServo

LosDaddie said:
It's inevitable, TA.

I'll be 30 in May and my metabolism hit the shitter around 26. I still work-out (semi) regularly and it's not enough anymore. If I were doing the same work-outs 4yrs ago that I'm doing now, there's no way I'd be 180 lbs. I'd be around my "correct" weight of 165 lbs.

I'm 31 and in the past eight months ramped up my workouts by a huge margin. Run roughly 20 miles a week, lift hard for an hour five times a week, still play tennis two or three times a week, surf whenever it's worth paddling out for.

I have to eat like a horse now. It's hard to do mentally because I had conditioned myself to not eat as much because my metabolism had slowed down as I aged but I didn't ramp up the workouts. If I don't eat constantly now I'm dead tired.

Minamu said:
I do have a quite healthy BMI apparently though. It's just extremely unevenly distributed!

BMI is garbage, but I'm sure everyone knows that by now.

I'm 6'0", around 190lbs. Roughly 12% body fat. That means at 0% body fat (aka dead) I'm right in the middle of the "healthy weight" band for BMI.

ChiTownBuffalo

Kipz said:
Heyyy Masuka! You're my favourite character in dexter.

Hmm...we do share the same interest in kink.

LosDaddie

Banned
TomServo said:
I'm 31 and in the past eight months ramped up my workouts by a huge margin. Run roughly 20 miles a week, lift hard for an hour five times a week, still play tennis two or three times a week, surf whenever it's worth paddling out for.

I have to eat like a horse now. It's hard to do mentally because I had conditioned myself to not eat as much because my metabolism had slowed down as I aged but I didn't ramp up the workouts. If I don't eat constantly now I'm dead tired.

Yeah, I just need to exercise more. What I'm doing now is no longer enough to just stay at 165 lbs.

I'm FL too. So I'm just waiting for it to warm up enough to run in the mornings.

C-Jo

RubxQub said:
When your penis is visibly at least an inch smaller due to being hidden in some kind of cock-area fat.

Jesus fucking christ :lol

For real though, if you're not comfortable taking your shirt off around others, you fat.

ChiTownBuffalo

Actually I remember hearing something about losing weight reveals more shaft.

I guess more cushion, just means you have to push harder?

HamPster PamPster said:
HA! Still a box and a half away from obese!

::cries and drinks a bottle of soda::

I'm at least a box away from being overweight, wtf?

I've given up on soda, it's pretty easy after a few weeks and now I basically just drink water and green tea. I've never felt this good!

I think I read you're fat when your height is double your waist. I just fit the mark. I'm in a 34-36 range and I'm 6 feet tall. Weigh 205...should weigh 165...I wouldn't consider myself fat but if I hit 38 waist pants...then yeah I would be.

SmokyDave

ToxicAdam said:
I haven't fit in a 34 for 3 years now. I've been a solid 36 for quite awhile. I'm 5'11 and have been holding steady around 207-213 for quite awhile. Turning 30 (and getting married) did a number on my metabolism.
I'm still having a problem seeing you as 'fat' with those figures. I reckon you're going through a similar thing to me by the sound of it (I turn 30 in May). I don't have the washboard abs that my 25 year old self rocked but I'm still in pretty good shape all around. The fast change (my metabolism just seemed to stop a couple of years back) freaked me out at first though and I thought I was going to balloon up like Violet Beauregarde.

MoxManiac

ChiTownBuffalo said:
Nah, not sucking in a gut. But you can tell by the fat under my chin.

I have body image issues. I suppose this is due to the fact that I live in a gay part of town and my next door neighbors look like David Beckham clones.

Some people just have chubby faces/chins, even if they aren't fat.

ChiTownBuffalo said:
I'm 6'1", I weigh 240lbs.

I am fat.

Don't be cruel GAF.

da7a-1.jpg

I have the same body type as you and am about 205, but still have a chubby face/chin. Just do some cardio routines / running and get in the habit of it. Also, eat reasonably healthy and drink only water. It helped me out a lot.

Sounds like a laundry list but its just running and eating healthy.

Also, you're not fat.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
C-Jo said:
For real though, if you're not comfortable taking your shirt off around others, you fat.

What if you suffer from disfiguring cheloid scars on your back? What then, huh?

Freestyler said:
When you can't see any ribs in the mirror (just subtly).

< 1985 called...they want their definition back. Now-a-days, if you're not obese then you're not fat.

The "Fat Boys" rap group of the 80's would be considered a little plump by today's standards. They were fatter than average, and the average was semi-healthy.

I totally agree with you, freestyler, but society doesn't. Standards have lowered and they don't want to be reminded of the day when the standards weren't as embarrassing. In 2010 America, fat = obese. If trends continue by 2020, fat = morbidly obese.

So, to answer the OP's question, fat is looking more unhealthy weighty than the average of the time.

Tater Tot said:
20% body fat and above

I agree. Hell depending on some people it can be less. :lol

Posted some new pics in the weight loss thread and some people have told me that I didnt look fat to begin with, Hell thats not how I felt.

I guess you are as fat as you feel?? :lol

LosDaddie

Banned
SmokyDave said:
I'm still having a problem seeing you as 'fat' with those figures. I reckon you're going through a similar thing to me by the sound of it (I turn 30 in May). I don't have the washboard abs that my 25 year old self rocked but I'm still in pretty good shape all around. The fast change (my metabolism just seemed to stop a couple of years back) freaked me out at first though and I thought I was going to balloon up like Violet Beauregarde.

The only downside of working-out is the when you stop , all that muscle turns into fat.

I turn 30 in my May too, btw.

Ace 8095

LosDaddie said:
The only downside of working-out is the when you stop , all that muscle turns into fat.

I turn 30 in my May too, btw.
Can you please explain to me this amazing biological process?

Beardz

OP sit on the floor, and try to get up without touching the floor with your hands, if you can't, then you are fat.

Everybody should try this. :D

Biff

BMI-Chart.png

I don't know why, but I started laughing after checking the legend to see what the red area means.

Wellington said:
:lol @ the guys that think they are below 10% body fat %
Huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom