• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, when are you officially a fat guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beardz said:
OP sit on the floor, and try to get up without touching the floor with your hands, if you can't, then you are fat.

Everybody should try this. :D

lol included grabbing and using objects as leverage. I see way to many people hold on to things to get up, as if they were of old age.

hsin said:
s5jjv7.jpgo.jpg
Thank you.

Yaweee

Beardz said:
OP sit on the floor, and try to get up without touching the floor with your hands, if you can't, then you are fat.

Everybody should try this. :D

How is that remotely difficult? Do fat people really have problems doing that?

Srsly

Banned
It's amazing that so many people think their metabolism magically hits the breaks once they reach a certain age. Yes, our BMR slows down as we get older, but it's a very gradual process that shouldn't be affecting anyone in their 20s or 30s. The real culprit is usually just a simple combination of a lack of activity and years of overeating finally becoming apparent. Oh, and fat people tend to underestimate how much they eat whilst skinny people tend to overestimate how much they eat.

TomServo

Srsly said:
It's amazing that so many people think their metabolism magically hits the breaks once they reach a certain age. Yes, our BMR slows down as we get older, but it's a very gradual process that shouldn't be affecting anyone in their 20s or 30s. The real culprit is usually just a simple combination of a lack of activity and years of overeating finally becoming apparent. Oh, and fat people tend to underestimate how much they eat whilst skinny people tend to overestimate how much they eat.

You know, you're probably right. In my teens I played at a tennis academy, and in the summers we'd play eight hours a day in the Florida heat. It's no surprise that I could eat whatever I wanted then.

I got up to around 240 a couple of times in the past 10 years... looking back I can't believe the amount of food I ate. I love Quizno's; back then I'd get a large sub, a bag of chips, a large (non-diet) soda, and one of those big-ass cookies. I'd eat it all in one sitting. I couldn't do that now if I tried. Small sub, bag of chips, and water and I'm tapping out.

Ace 8095

To all the skinny guys:

Being skinny is not much of an accomplishment in the same sense that being fat is not much on an accomplishment. Both require the same amount of effort.

Ace 8095 said:
To all the skinny guys:

Being skinny is not much of an accomplishment in the same sense that being fat is not much on an accomplishment. Both require the same amount of effort.

Dumb as fuck and not true and more importantly varies wildly from person to person.

Ace 8095

RiskyChris said:
Dumb as fuck and not true and more importantly varies wildly from person to person.
True. It does require some effort for a fat person to become skinny and for a skinny person to become fat. Either way they are both undesirable states.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Ace 8095 said:
True. It does require some effort for a fat person to become skinny and for a skinny person to become fat. Either way they are both undesirable states.

Higher body fat % is almost unanimously more undesirable than lower, regardless of how much muscle mass someone has or hasn't. Let's not pretend there isn't a greater stigma with one.

There seem to be exceptions though:

Fat fetishists typically find fondling of an overweight person's adipose tissue arousing. They may be aroused by the presence of a pannus or other hanging flaps of skin such as those on the thighs, arms, and back. Fat fetishists who are attracted to overweight men may be aroused by a fat man's larger breasts (a condition referred to in the medical literature as pseudogynecomastia).
A male fat fetishist may enjoy inserting his penis between the deep folds of skin on an overweight person's body, and thrusting to orgasm in a practice similar to mammary intercourse.

:lol

Korey

grumble said:
If you don't exercise, use the BMI calculator.

BMI-Chart.png

Doesn't work for people who are muscular, but for people who don't lift, it'll give you a good idea.
Yep, bmi is an easy way to tell. Didn't know mine until I visited a doctor and it was on a printout they gave me, was relieved I wasn't obese :)

I'm about 21.1 but I still feel fat so I'm thinking of taking up running..

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I'd say you are already.

Generally anything >= 34" is when it has serious negative effects on your health. It applies pressure to the liver, which causes insulin resistance, leptin resistance, and high blood pressure. Both very bad for your health and it makes it far more difficult to lose the weight.

bengraven

Wait wait wait...it's a...BAD...thing to not be able to see your cock?

Shit, I knew I shouldn't have listened to my fatty-loving ex. I've been bulking up on Krispy Kremes this entire time just because I don't want to look at my cock.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Ace 8095 said:
To all the skinny guys:

That's like saying that recovering from a broken leg is just as easy as breaking your leg.

When someone is fat, hormones in their body heavily influence hunger and the brain's reward system becomes dependent on it.

The skinny guy just needs to eat a lot of sugary/fatty things.

And both the skinny guy and the fat guy lack muscle. At least the skinny guy's life expectancy and energy is high.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
LosDaddie said:
The only downside of working-out is the when you stop , all that muscle turns into fat.

I turn 30 in my May too, btw.
Fat and muscle cells can't transform into one or the other. What really happens is that your metabolism slows down when you lose muscle but your eating habits don't change to accommodate.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The doughiness of your throat to neck taint is a good indicator of whether or not you're fat. Try pressing a couple fingers into it, can you feel pressure in your lower jaw? If not, you're a fat guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom