• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some details about the next assassins creed title.

lmbotiva

AC needs to be back on a setting were you can parkour and free run for real, none of that palm trees bs, black flag was great as a pirate game, make a standalone pirate game UBI, bring AC back to its roots

Still think French Revolution would have been cool. I even made a fake GI cover for it.
Oh well.
12914940474_d5908922ef_h.jpg

I love this, especially for the old big buildings it would bring back if it happened. I miss my old cities ><

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
More Assassins Creed? Yawn.

You should probably be used to it by now. They've been releasing yearly since 2009, and they make a lot of $$$.

I was super burnt on III, but IV has surprised me with how much better it is in terms of design, especially in the stealth aspects (STEALTH???)

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Little town

it's a quiet village

Every day

Like the one before

Little town

Full of little people

Waking up to say:

Bonjour!

no idea. only heard ps3/360 for comet. PC should happen considering ubisoft always puts out most of it games on it. maybe ill have to take another plane ride a few months down the line.

Squire

Banned
Heh, I don't think we 'll be waiting much longer to see this stuff officially, but thanks for replying. If you don't mind, I have one more question: The third-party AC - are they announcing that this year as well or is that just something to keep our minds on for the future?

webkatt

If buttocks can get banned for "misinformation" I think OP should suffer the same fate, if it turns out to be untrue.

But I believe OP...kinda.

Fun fact: If the Eiffel Tower opened at least 6 months prior to the events of this game, it would mean that the game takes place during Nintendo's existence as a company.

So if wasn't restructured as the next AssCreed game like some of us were speculating, can we assume that Osiris is just outright cancelled?

Ramenman

Where does the co-op bit come from ? It's in the examiner article but I don't see it anywhere in the OP (which seems to be the source for the examiner article, so I'm kinda confused).

MacNille

Banned
I hope that they will take away the stupid hoods. They don't work in every era. It was so out of place in ASSCREED 3, when Connor ran around with a hood, and NO ONE else did it.

BuriedStPatrick

Neo Member
Skepticism aside, 3 games with English imperialism front and center, and I've grown quite tired of this scenario.

Can we have an eastern themed game for once?
Some feudal Japan maybe? Pretty please?

If OP is who I think it is, they've leaked some accurate Ubisoft info before. Although I never did get Rainbow Six on Vita... (probably canceled I guess.)

Why are they trying to force me back to Assassin's Creed again? Victorian Era England in next generation only? I'm ready.

Next thing you know, they will be making one in feudal Japan...

Lord Phol

After the fantastic Black Flag I would have hoped the next game would be set in something completely different like Feudal Japan the Wild West or even future Neo Tokyo. I feel the former games play a bit too similar as is.

keuja

The settings is too similar to Italian Renaissance...
I hope for something more exotic. China, Ancient Greece, Neo-Tokyo...

Alx

All these plane related leaks are beginning to sound fishy. I wouldn't be surprised if out of their one billion employees, Ubi have their own small 300 person team (ubi definition of small) "leak" department with a whole team working on managing and writing controlled leaks. They must be at super saiyan 4 levels of marketing strategies by now.

I don't know if those were planned or not, but I do know two things :
  • public transports and especially planes are a very easy way to leak information by accident. People are usually next to each other, carrying all their stuff with them and bored to death. It's much too easy to overhear a conversation between two colleagues, or just start discussing with a random stranger.
  • Ubi Soft is very bad at keeping confidential information. My brother used to be an intern there for a few months, and he got to hear about so many things that he wasn't supposed to know, even without trying.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sure sounds like an asscream.

English victorian style YES! Lets get back to famous cities with tall architecture, is what the series does best and egypt (even if that would have been cool) or japan wouldn't have helped after ac3 and ac4 and it's unexistant famous architecture.

You probably should have been less descriptive about your informant.
Yep. If the guy existed he seemed like a cool guy and plenty generous to you for showing you a clip, saying where he was showed you the clip can make ubisoft ttave them and sack him.
You should have not disclosed the plane thing. Maybe you told it as a lie, if you said it because of that then thats good.

wouwie

I skipped the last AC games but this time period seems great (if true). Also, i hope it's a pure current gen game (PS4/XBox/PC). It's going to be interesting to see open world games evolve on more powerful hardware.

Xater

If buttocks can get banned for "misinformation" I think OP should suffer the same fate, if it turns out to be untrue.

But I believe OP...kinda.

Usually people who claim to have inside information and it turns out to be bullshit get banned.

Revan

I guess I'll take the road less travelled and say I believe the OP and his source. Why would some random guy with poor english skills lie to a complete stranger about the next assassin's creed? Why would he conveniently have a clip on his notebook? Why would the op risk his NeoGAF thread creating privs just to make this thread?

Occam's razor dictates that this is information is probably true.

Pretty much this. The info provided was a little too....detailed for it not to be true. If this is the next AC title then it is in fact set during the French Revolution. Jade Raymond said that the next game is set in her favorite period of time....well, I'm French Canadian and the French Revolution is (was? been a while since I was in school) taught at length in a lot of history classes in French schools (my experience anyway) here and you can take entire university classes dedicated to that period in time.

My guess is that this is totally legit.

Edit: correcting autocorrect from my phone

Mechazawa

Every single Assassin's Creed since 2 has been leaked ahead of a formal release.

Ubisoft revealing the first details of an AC through a formal channel would actually be out-of-the-norm at this point.

Ding-Ding

Why are they trying to force me back to Assassin's Creed again? Victorian Era England in next generation only? I'm ready.

Next thing you know, they will be making one in feudal Japan...

While I kinda like the idea of Victorian London, I do think it will be a missed opportunity as 17th century London would be a better fit.

The English Civil War & the execution of a King.
The birth of modern day science with Newton.
The Great Fire of London.
The continuing of religious unrest.

The whole time period just has so many elements and people that would fit into the AC storyline better. The only thing Victorian era could give was a big bad Imperialistic enemy which has already been done to death (afterall the Pax Britannica was during victorian times, how boring would that be)

French eh?

Assassins Creed : White Flag confirmed!

As French I can have a bittersweet laugh at te joke but dot forget French military have the biggest record of battle and winning ration of all military history. Yet, white flag joke came just because our general totally screwed up in ww2 and we go swarmed by the Germans and surrender within 3 weeks without much of a fight because our general weren't believing in tanks nor planes...

Know what, OP? I believe you.

EDIT: You all seem to forget that Egypt/Japan aren't as mainstream as London or Paris. This is why the latter are most likely to happen.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Ubisoft does seem to have a tendency to spill details on their upcoming products on public transport.

I once sat opposite a pair of Ubi execs on the RER to Charles du Galle airport in Paris when they were candidly talking about a game set during the crusades back in early 2007.

Top Bottom