• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some new FFXIIHD footage from Taipei Game Show

How does this still not have a release date? Dual audio is nice but I think this might be the first time I play a japanese game with dual audio in english.

silva1991

Does this game emulate well? I'm thinking about playing it on PCSX2 instead of waiting for the PC release.

It does, but I won't recommend it. International zodiac job system is superior with even more content.

It also fixed the zodiac spear BS in the original game iirc.

Shredderi

The environmental textures are really bad. I'm talking about the official trailer, not the bad quality stream. They're super washed out and lack any HD sharpness. The characters have more work done to them.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I recall the PS2 version had really bad compression on the voices, probably due to the amount of audio files crammed onto one DVD. I wonder if they still had the master tracks for the "higher quality voice acting".

Can´t wait for this, Top 3 FF to me and it might go higher on a replay (haven´t played since release date so it could go lower too but I don't think so, I remember a lot about it).

Back in the day I main Fran (black wizard dragoon knight) and turned gambits off on her and let it on for the rest of the party, couldn't had a better experience.

The precious.

I can't wait to hear more of the rerecorded soundtrack, what we've heard so far has been amazing. Even the difference from the original Ozmone Plains theme to the new rerecorded one is so goddamn good. Take my money, Square.

Niks

Hopefully we get a new trailer and a release date at Final Fantasy 30th anniversary celebration scheduled for January 31.

Cant wait for this.

Skunkers

Does this game emulate well? I'm thinking about playing it on PCSX2 instead of waiting for the PC release.

Yes, it looks fucking phenomenal in PCSX2. There's also a fan patch that implements the Western localization of FFXII into the JP International Zodiac Job System version. It's definitely the best way to play the game until this comes out, disregard what silva1991 said above.

yunbuns

Honestly as more times goes by, XII gets lower on my list in terms of FF I like. I used to be really excited for a remaster but now I'm strangely indifferent. Unless it has a nice CE, I don't think I'll be getting this at launch.

Giveittome.jpg

First game where I bought steel edition case for,still have.

Take your time please. The first few comparison shots we saw awhile ago looked hella rough.

Lexxism

lhjhbB9.gif

EricB

Wait, how could you play it on Vita?

Because he/she was playing in our dreams.

I love rereleases and believe they should be a fundamental part of the gaming landscape, but not releasing this in some portable form is a missed opportunity in my opinion. Just being HD is not really enough for me when I still have an (unplayed) original PS2 copy lying around somewhere, but Vita would make it a no-brainer. I guess it's Switch or bust.

Seriously. I fucking love the summons in XII. Best designs in the series, IMO.

Except Zodiark. I don't know what the fuck happened there.

The designs were fantastic. Ultima, Mateus, Famfrit, Exodus, Hashmal, Zeromus, and Belias were my favorites. The glyph designs for all the espers were great, too.

Zodiark... was a thing.

Other than the way it ends, XII has the best narrative/universe of the post turn-based FF games, and generally is far better than either XIII or XV. Can't speak for the MMOs.

SeanTSC

This isn't going to happen, but if I could add one thing to the FFXII HD Remaster...

b85e2efde855e8cd772e26aad4a440ca.jpg

It would be to give everyone this as an alternate costume option for Vaan (his Tactics A2 design, iirc).

Verelios

Finally. Maybe I can also prove my 'LARSA DA GAWD' theory, as I would have totally traded him for Ashe if I could. I spent over 10 (well deserved) hours with the fine young man after all.

I have actually only played through this FF once back when it came out, so I can't wait to go through it again. I'm also pretty sure I skipped a lot of the optional content.

This game always looked like it would scale up well in HD, but I'm actually much more excited about the audio improvements than anything else. FFXII had fantastic voice acting but everything was so compressed onto one DVD that the characters had a weird muffled sound whenever they spoke. Not to mention a chance at a remastered Sakimoto score!

Anyway, it would be nice if this remaster set the stage for more Ivalice stuff from SE. I know about the FFXIV raid but how has there not been a new Tactics game in an era where Fire Emblem is extremely popular? I would love an actual FFT2 or Tactics Ogre or something from Matsuno, but you would think there would at least be a FFTA style game for 3DS/Switch.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Finally. Maybe I can also prove my 'LARSA DA GAWD' theory, as I would have totally traded him for Ashe if I could. I spent over 10 (well deserved) hours with the fine young man after all.

AFAIK, Guests aren't replacing Party members (being a perma party member) in the remaster.

anaron

The precious.

I can't wait to hear more of the rerecorded soundtrack, what we've heard so far has been amazing. Even the difference from the original Ozmone Plains theme to the new rerecorded one is so goddamn good. Take my money, Square.
this, is how you properly rearrange a soundtrack. so much better

Because he/she was playing in our dreams.

I love rereleases and believe they should be a fundamental part of the gaming landscape, but not releasing this in some portable form is a missed opportunity in my opinion. Just being HD is not really enough for me when I still have an (unplayed) original PS2 copy lying around somewhere, but Vita would make it a no-brainer. I guess it's Switch or bust.

It's not "just an HD" release, this is the international version which is superior to the original US release.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
This isn't going to happen, but if I could add one thing to the FFXII HD Remaster...

b85e2efde855e8cd772e26aad4a440ca.jpg

It would be to give everyone this as an alternate costume option for Vaan (his Tactics A2 design, iirc).

Doesnt make much sense for a street urchin to dress like a sky pirate before he actually becomes a sky pirate.

jb1234

The precious.

Whoa. I hadn't heard that clip yet. What a difference! I hope we get to hear more of the rerecords soon.

(It's odd that it's been transposed, though...)

Top Bottom