• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some new FFXIIHD footage from Taipei Game Show

SeanTSC

Doesnt make much sense for a street urchin to dress like a sky pirate before he actually becomes a sky pirate.

That's why I said alt-costume. Can do others for other characters as well. FF games have had lots of costume options for a while now and it would be a good addition to FFXII HD. They don't really have to make sense in the story (and rarely do).

Plus, as a couple posts above me said, it's really basically just giving him a shirt.

the difference between "street urchin" and "sky pirate" is...a white shirt?
have you seen how humid and dirty rabanastre is and how everyone else dresses there :p a clean white shirt there is a luxury

(i meant that in jest lol but i guess it kinda does speak to a bit of truth)

While the quality of life improvements are definitely welcomed, I am still concerned with how the job system is going to play out. One of the most appealing things in Final Fantasy XII for me was its openness with regard to how you wanted build your squad. Obviously I've not played it yet, but on paper the job system seems like a step down from that level of freedom present in the original version.

While the quality of life improvements are definitely welcomed, I am still concerned with how the job system is going to play out. One of the most appealing things in Final Fantasy XII for me was its openness with regard to how you wanted build your squad. Obviously I've not played it yet, but on paper the job system seems like a step down from that level of freedom present in the original version.

you lose some freedom to make everyone a jack of all trades, sure- but it does add a level of strategy to the original game that should present some additional challenge- especially since most of us buying this will have already have played through the base game at some point.

I like FFXII- it's probably my pick for best in the series if you had to ask- but i will freely admit that half the party was completely useless for most of the game since there was no need to use them. my base party of ashe/balthier/bach could do anything and everything- outside of the rare points where I needed to use quickenings just for the sake of using them, or resurrecting someone that died.

Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about that either... could end up being a negative for me because I like trying to masters all the different trades. I know if you couldn't switch Jobs (only upgrade linearly) in FFT or TO somehow, I'd dislike it there, too.

I'd rather see it handled like Tactics where you just have to switch out of combat... e.g. only at Save Points, only in towns, only at the Clan Hall with a cost. So still gotta choose your layout and plan your team for each journey, but still let's you master all the different jobs and experiment more.

That said, we'll see... There are games with no respecs/class changes that work great.

mieumieu

Square Enix PR is weird. They even do localized PR meetings here (same old presentation, same old demo as TGS 2016) acting as if local players were not able to see coverages from elsewhere.

Just give us the release date and be done with it.

Also low quality streams doesn't really show the graphics improvement as well as full HD trailers and screenshots.

yunbuns

Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about that either... could end up being a negative for me because I like trying to masters all the different trades. I know if you couldn't switch Jobs (only upgrade linearly) in FFT or TO somehow, I'd dislike it there, too.

I'm really hoping there's an option to use original system instead of being forced to use the International system like how the X remaster gave the option to choose which sphere grid you wanted to use. I don't like the sound of the changes in the International version at all. :/

have you seen how humid and dirty rabanastre is and how everyone else dresses there :p a clean white shirt there is a luxury

Considering how fashionable Balthier and Fran are, it would've made a lot of sense for Balthier to at least say something like 'If you're going to be traveling with me to become a true sky pirate, you must at least look the part." or something like that then buy him a shirt after they escape the prison. It's really simple.

Considering how fashionable Balthier and Fran are, it would've made a lot of sense for Balthier to at least say something like 'If you're going to be traveling with me to become a true sky pirate, you must at least look the part." or something like that then buy him a shirt after they escape the prison. It's really simple.
I liked how one NPC in Rabanastre commented that the two of them were absurdly good-looking. It's true and I ship it.

Also, I feel like Balthier's more of an exception than a rule.

Looks very.....eh.

Then again, i thought the original was easily one of the worst games of 2006, only topped by sonic 06, so IMO this is an easy contender for worst game of the year.

Maybe it'll be good or maybe something will be even worse. We'll see.

mieumieu

Looks very.....eh.

Then again, i thought the original was easily one of the worst games of 2006, only topped by sonic 06, so IMO this is an easy contender for worst game of the year.

Maybe it'll be good or maybe something will be even worse. We'll see.

sonic 06 is barely functional. FFXII on the other hand is fully functional, highly polished and very much enjoyable for a lot of people. It is not comparable in any way.

yunbuns

I liked how one NPC in Rabanastre commented that the two of them were absurdly good-looking. It's true and I ship it.

Also, I feel like Balthier's more of an exception than a rule.

No, all sky pirates are extremely fashionable. What on earth are you talking about?
:p

Code:
[IMG]http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/0/0d/Elza_FF12.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20121017073311[/IMG]

Fast forward, like how emulators give you a throttle button. Really helpful when grinding. It was an option available in the original zodiac japanese release I believe on the ps2
Is that only for combats, or for everything? Because I personally found the dungeons and areas WAY too long, thus boring to traverse through (especially the damn desert). A true fast-forward for everything would really help with that. The combat on the other hand I found very fun, and wouldn't want to turbo through it.

The Dude

Well the only thing I want and need is the ability to invert left to right cam controls, if it lacks that still I'm gonna be pissed

Thoraxes

Whoa. I hadn't heard that clip yet. What a difference! I hope we get to hear more of the rerecords soon.

(It's odd that it's been transposed, though...)

Usually when something like that happens it's either because the creator just wanted to change it, or more commonly something with the wind players didn't translate well when writing the parts for actual humans.

That all said, his stuff sounds great with this medium.

jb1234

Usually when something like that happens it's either because the creator just wanted to change it, or more commonly something with the wind players didn't translate well when writing the parts for actual humans.

That all said, his stuff sounds great with this medium.

Yeah, my initial guess was that it was done for the benefit of the performers. I do wish the budget was higher so that more of the synthesized instruments (especially the brass) could be swapped out for the real deal. It's still a definite upgrade but the melding of real and synth elements sounds a little awkward in places.

ss_lemonade

Is that only for combats, or for everything? Because I personally found the dungeons and areas WAY too long, thus boring to traverse through (especially the damn desert). A true fast-forward for everything would really help with that. The combat on the other hand I found very fun, and wouldn't want to turbo through it.

It works everywhere, when you want to use it AFAIK

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
That would be X lol

XII is solid but god are the summon designs the ugliest in any of the games

XII's overall theme was kinda boring though, plus the music.

Easily my favorite FF (and probably my second favorite game of all time)
Hoping we get an April release date announced on the 31st.

Top Bottom