• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some nice CC deals this week (Oblivion PS3, COD 360, DS games, 12mnth Xbox Live, etc)

Excellent deals at Circuit City.

PS3 Oblivion 49.99
PS3 Godfather 59.99 w/$20 Gift Card
360 COD 3 39.99
360 COD 2 13.99
360 XBox Live 12 month 39.99
DS Big Brain Academy 13.99
DS Cooking Mama 13.99
PC Supreme Commander 37.99

soco

is anyone still playing COD2 online? i wouldn't mind picking up the english version of that while i've got a CC in the area.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Wonders why Oblivion is ten bucks cheaper at circuit city... I may have to go buy it there.

It's ten bucks cheaper because it's on sale.
Too bad I don't have a CC near me, but I preordered it with credit at a GameXchange anyway.

IoCaster

sonycowboy said:
Excellent deals at Circuit City.

PS3 Oblivion 49.99
PS3 Godfather 59.99 w/$20 Gift Card
360 COD 3 39.99
360 COD 2 13.99
360 XBox Live 12 month 39.99
DS Big Brain Academy 13.99
DS Cooking Mama 13.99
PC Supreme Commander 37.99

Godfather any good? I haven't bothered to read any reviews on it, but I wonder if it's a good fallback option when things slow down. There are too many great games on my plate right now, but it's nice to have a backup list of games to play.

Great deal on SupCom since I've been meaning to pick it up anyway. Thanks for the info.

duk

Banned
Jtyettis said:
Wonder is that is for the 12+1 month cards? If so, very good deal.

yes it is, i have the ad right in front of me

That's less than $3.10 a month for a full online service, how can you not get it?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
IoCaster said:
Godfather any good? I haven't bothered to read any reviews on it, but I wonder if it's a good fallback option when things slow down. There are too many great games on my plate right now, but it's nice to have a backup list of games to play.
I liked the ps2 version. Gameplay is fun and there is a lot to do. But for ps3 standards(and next gen in general), I'm kinda put off by it being pretty much being a last gen game in HD res.

That said, if I were to get it. I would probably wait until it hits 30-40 dollars, so it being on sale with a 20 dollar gift card I guess it's up to your personal preference.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Hmm. I just renewed XBL Gold for 12 months. If I buy this now, will it still be valid in 11 months?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
IoCaster said:

Great deal on SupCom since I've been meaning to pick it up anyway. Thanks for the info.

I played it for the 360 and it was pretty fun. The graphics weren't very good and the frame rate would sometimes drop really low, but if you are a fan of the movies (especially the first one) and enjoy GTA-style games then I would recommend it.

They also have Titan Quest plus the Immortal Throne expansion for $35 out the door as long as you buy them both together. The expansion itself is also on sale for $25 if you already have Titan Quest.

FrankT

Wario64 said:
$40 for XBL is a good deal? Multiplayer should be free.

Well it's a lot better than 50. If you don't feel like paying it, play by yourself, plain and simple.

Cry more to MS, maybe they're listening to ya. :lol

captive said:
Wonders why Oblivion is ten bucks cheaper at circuit city... I may have to go buy it there.
Zelda Twilight Princess for Gamecube was like $38 the week it was released. I hope Circuit City starts doing this regularly, Fry's doesn't do it often anymore.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Gigglepoo said:
You can stack them.

Brilliant. I might bite. Then again, I'm likely to buy SOMETHING within the next year that might include it as well. Hmm. We'll see. Maybe I'll just get the discounted Titan Quest expansion.

FrankT

Rhazer Fusion said:
I would, but is it worth it if you have the X360 version?

Not according to Game Informer, which is the only review I've read yet. Different strokes for different folks however, of course, if you haven't played it on any other platform, heck yes.

bluemax

Banned
IoCaster said:

Yes, join the SupCom collective here at GAF!

Dammit, none of the CC's near me have the 1-year XBL membership card. Ah well, at least I got the Platinum Hits edition of NFS Most Wanted, I need those achievements. :D

madmook

Jtyettis said:
Not according to Game Informer, which is the only review I've read yet. Different strokes for different folks however, of course, if you haven't played it on any other platform, heck yes.
They've reviewed the PS3 version? Did they say anything about how the game runs? In general, or in comparison to the PC/360 versions?

FrankT

madmook said:
They've reviewed the PS3 version? Did they say anything about how the game runs? In general, or in comparison to the PC/360 versions?

If anything, the visuals might be a little better than the 360. pp 98

Further, both the PS3 and Xbox 360 are fantastic platforms on which to experience the game, but experiencing the game on both is, at the least, an almost certain waste of money. pp98

Pretty much what everyone has stated up to this point I believe. Just wondering how much that is due to the shader fix.

Gigglepoo said:
You can stack them.
Oh dammit, I got one 12 +1 card this morning, I was all over it, and was thinking should I buy another one for the following year. I was afraid it might become void after some time if I tried to use it a year from now. I didn't know they let you redeem two cards. Damn.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I Am Error said:
Oh dammit, I got one 12 +1 card this morning, I was all over it, and was thinking should I buy another one for the following year. I was afraid it might become void after some time if I tried to use it a year from now. I didn't know they let you redeem two cards. Damn.

No, I'm good till 2009 or some shit. You can stack.

Top Bottom