• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some NieR: Automata Players Upset After Discovering Trash Item Called “NIN64”

Is Taro an N64 fan?

IIRC he's into shooting games, so the shade makes sense.

jOXgPTD.jpg
He has good taste. This makes sense considering the "bullet-hell" elements in the Nier games. It would be cool if Drakengard 4 featured shoot-'em-up stages.

Except for Silpheed lol
Heh! True.

zephry

Are they serious? They need to grow some thicker skin. I think it's actually pretty cool if they did this on purpose.

But... didn't they do this as a form of flattery?

I mean I would be flattered If I where Nintendo, that in this post apocalyptic world Nintendo 64's are still being found... And of course it's going to look like a piece of junk after all that time. What where people expecting a new weapon?

SarusGray

But... didn't they do this as a form of flattery?

I mean I would be flattered If I where Nintendo, that in this post apocalyptic world Nintendo 64's are still being found... And of course it's going to look like a piece of junk after all that time. What where people expecting a new weapon?

I thought this was the joke.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
This reminds me of how people would throw Sega Genesis' out the window when you're climbing the tower as Bartzilla in Bart's Nightmare.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Wow. Fanboys are pathetic.

Nintendo fanatics are a special breed.

I used to think I was a Nintendo fanboy as a WiiU/3DS owner and having grown up with NES but the Switch/Zelda launch showed me Im nowhere even close.

I'm not too upset its gone. It kind of sucks to see the game creators bend so easily over butthurt...but its not like it was anything significant. We have this thread to document what was previously there...its "legacy" lives on

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'm surprised that Japanese players would get up in arms about something like this. Learn something new everyday.

gotta show the goki's their place after all.

Seriously, going on certain sites, the 'war' between nintendo and Sony is bigger than anyting else

jstripes

Banned
If I were the dev, it would be so hard to resist the urge to double-down and release a patch with something guaranteed to offend them even more.

oimori

in japanese console war, radical nintendo fanboys and microsoft fanboys unite as anti-sony team.
for them, Platinum Games is an evil empire who canceled scalebound and insults Nintendo in its game to support Sony aka the root of all evils.
This sounds ridiculous, but...

Prototype

Wow. So Japanese Nintendo fanantics are just as stupid as western ones. Good to know the fanaticism runs worldwide.

Somehow the first thing I thought of was Charlie Hebdo.

Nintendo fans have been on a bad trajectory lately. It's really painful to watch.

Top Bottom