• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Something's a stir between Square and MS at TGS

gkryhewy

What a fun rumor! The possibilities are endless. I'll go with VII-R -- why not? :lol :lol . Actually, the more likely possibility is VII on XBLA (and quietly announced for PSN as well).

manzo

Princess Skittles said:
If Square-Enix announces an Xbox 360 version of Versus XIII, I might just sell my PS3.

Should they announce a 360 version of Versus, I -will- sell my PS3 after Valkyrie and WKS.

PSGames

Princess Skittles said:
If Square-Enix announces an Xbox 360 version of Versus XIII, I might just sell my PS3.

The main series is coming. There's absolutely no reason to keep Versus exclusive.

Nolan.

Chrono ''Next-gen'' and FFVII or VI remake those are about the only megatons left that this pair can pull off (well other remakes too but those mainly). As for this though I don't expect anything apart from the already announced games. It is weird their recent relationship though, it's like that weird couple that can't stop touching each other.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
PSGames said:
The main series is coming. There's absolutely no reason to keep Versus exclusive.
I agree, but they're currently saying that Versus XIII is still PS3 exclusive.

I'm only interested in Versus, personally, no interest in the main game.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Dead Man Typing said:
Final Fantasy VII remake for both next gen consoles, but with exclusive DLC on 360.
"Tired of wondering 'what if'? Well wonder no more! Download Aeris' Anti-Impalement Dress today! Only 1600 Microsoft Points! This purchase is non-refundable. For more information visit..."

TheDayday said:
Seriously, it continues to shock me how the 360 will end up being the RPG system.

In the sense that it has the most JRPGs (and WRPGs too but that's no surprise). Shame that the actual selection of HD JRPGs is so pathetic compared to the PS2/PS1 (at the same point in its life) :-(

Nolan.

Threi said:
you guys hyped?

I doubt it's anything square was already listed as not having any surprises right.? Unless Square gains the right (similarly to IU) to publish Cry-on. That is assuming it is still around.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
sky said:
ohno.jpg
More like OOOOOOOH OH NO YOU DIDN'T WOO WOO WOO WOO OOOOOOOOOOO. :D

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
At this point, anything is seriously possible between them.

My guess is Seiken Densetsu games remade for XBLA

oldergamer said:
what day does TGS start on? also when is the MS TGS conference?

Stickied post is...well stickied. Has all the details.

Or I should say, I assume it does at the links provided. LOL

EDIT: from 1up:

About Tokyo Game Show 2008

What is Tokyo Game Show?

It's the biggest game convention in Japan, and one of the biggest in the world -- this is where Sony and third-party publishers like Konami and Capcom announce many of their highest-profile games each year.

When does it happen?

This year, it starts on October 9th and runs through the 12th, with the last three days being open to the public. As in previous years, however, a few companies are holding pre-show press events the week before the Tokyo Game Show itself opens, so look for lots of coverage on 1UP starting as early as October 3rd.

What can we expect from this year's show?

We're hoping for some big surprises, but we know for certain that Resident Evil 5, Bayonetta, and LocoRoco 2 will make appearances. Also look for news from the keynote by Microsoft's John Schappert on October 9th.

Walshicus

Opus Angelorum said:
So I asked my source who alluded to the FFXIII news back at E3 what can we expect tomorrow, he replied with one word:

Remake
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest HD confirmed!

Am I doing it right?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Opus Angelorum said:
So I asked my source who alluded to the FFXIII news back at E3 what can we expect tomorrow, he replied with one word:

Remake

That...that....that would be.... the funniest thing ever. 360 right?

duckroll

Opus Angelorum said:

Remake

So I asked my banhammer who crushed those alluding bullshit back at E3 what we can expect tomorrow, and he replied with one word:

Perm

duckroll said:
So I asked my banhammer who crushed those alluding bullshit back at E3 what we can expect tomorrow, and he replied with one word:

Perm

Now this shit is really interesting. Much more so when something's at stake!

joey_z

Banned
I say the the drawing and the surprise announcement will be one and the same. The winner will be brought on stage to read a teleprompter outloud in announcing the cancellation of FFXIII. While this is happening the MS guys will pack up run the fuck out to leave the rabid fanboys with fresh meat in the form of the lucky draw winner.

Or

FFXIII VS!

Nif

Teetris said:
At this point, anything is seriously possible between them.

My guess is Seiken Densetsu games remade for XBLA

That would be a megaton for me, but no way. :/ They'd sooner release them on DS without wifi.

eznark

Banned
duckroll said:

Perm

Well shit, now I care! Good luck Opus!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
duckroll said:

Perm

WHOA. TGS is serious business.

h3ro

duckroll said:

Perm

Never have stakes for a FFVII remake been so high... I'm rooting for you Opus... May Don Corneo grace our 360's in the near future.

joey_z

Banned
Did Opus mention his source alluding to FFXIII for the 360 before E3 or did he just say that right now to sound legit on the matter?

joey_z

Banned
Opus Angelorum said:
@ Duckroll

Fair enough, would be a shame to leave under those conditions though.

You can thank your 'source' for being a cunt for that. Either he knows for sure or just gave you bullshit.

joey_z said:
Did Opus mention his source alluding to FFXIII for the 360 before E3 or did he just say that right now to sound legit on the matter?
We'll find out in about an hour. Judging by his damage control last post, I would say he's full of shit :lol

MoogPaul

Rapping Granny said:
FF7 remake exclusive to 360 will be the biggest MEGATON EVER.

I could only imagine the meltdowns.:lol

At least sony would get a lot of main stream media attention

as sonybots from around the globe meet up to drink the kool-aid

Top Bottom