• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Something's a stir between Square and MS at TGS

I'd say his odds of survival are good. To meet the qualifications of his post, all that needs to happen is for Square Enix to show a new remake of some kind.

Square Enix, people!

MoogPaul said:
You think Sakaguchi is a little concerned about how buddy buddy microsoft and square have been getting?

No way, the 360 becoming the definitive home for JRPGs would only help the sales of his games.

Kestastrophe said:
We'll find out in about an hour. Judging by his damage control last post, I would say he's full of shit :lol

Duckroll gave him a chance to back out and he didn't take it, unbelievable.

There's like, a zero % chance that a FFVII remake would be unveiled on the 360.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Duckroll gave him a chance to back out and he didn't take it, unbelievable.

There's like, a zero % chance that a FFVII remake would be unveiled on the 360.

Doesn't have to be a remake of FF7 to be right.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Segata Sanshiro said:
I'd say his odds of survival are good. To meet the qualifications of his post, all that needs to happen is for Square Enix to show a new remake of some kind.

Square Enix, people!

Thats very true.. :lol

I say he has a very good chance on not being banned.

MoogPaul

gregor7777 said:
No way, the 360 becoming the definitive home for JRPGs would only help the sales of his games.

I'm actually pretty interested in the Mistwalker sales the past two months. Anyone know if Blue Dragon or Lost Odyssey (which I assume are on the cheap now, esp. Blue Dragon) got a bump due to IU and Tales moving systems?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Opus Angelorum said:
@ Duckroll

Fair enough, would be a shame to leave under those conditions though.
2885547253_3e0bac8650_o.gif

Oh, Jesus, this is going to be an epic Thursday-ton.

duckroll

UltimaPooh said:
I know what time it is in Japan.

I was inquiring about his comment, which he has now admitted to being wrong.

TGS opens in about 10 hours. The MS keynote should be opening it, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

joey_z said:
Did Opus mention his source alluding to FFXIII for the 360 before E3 or did he just say that right now to sound legit on the matter?

The day before if I remember, although the original post was quickly edited.

Edit

Who mentioned a specific title? Don't over-elaborate please!

Hunahan

Banned
Here you go, guys.

Select your area of residence in the second drop down menu and it will tell you when the MS keynote starts in local time.

It's about 13 hours from now for those who prefer math.

h3ro

Opus Angelorum said:
The day before if I remember, although the original post was quickly edited.

Just so we're clear on what you got from your source... There will be a remake of a SE title that will be on 360, correct? Or did they say that it would be a VII remake?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Good luck, Opus.

Would be nice to see another FF remake of any kind, really.

Screw VII, I want IX. Just edit the ATB system a tad, and I would buy twelve.

Just so we're clear on what you got from your source... There will be a remake of a SE title that will be on 360, correct? Or did they say that it would be a VII remake?

Neither. All he said was that there would be a remake of some kind, platform unspecified....I think.

Zen said:
Sony really needs to, um, stop letting Microsoft slowly eat their pie. It's absurd how they've just sat by, twiddling their thumbs, while Microsoft is replacing their forte in the Japanese Market.
No they don't. I only own a 360. I'm a happy camper.

GreekWolf

h3ro said:
One word: remake.

Tobol Legends could save his ass.

h3ro

GreekWolf said:
One word: remake.

Tobol Legends could save his ass.

I want The Bouncer. Or Ergheiz.

Opus, I just wanted to clear it up, not out to get you! I thought your source was a 360 based person, that's why I thought it pertained to that console...

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Metroidvania said:
Screw VII, I want IX. Just edit the ATB system a tad, and I would buy twelve.
That would be dreamy. <3

Except you just KNOW they'd put an "Acquire Excalibur II" achievement in the game. Ugh.

Opus Angelorum said:
Former, honestly it could be anything.

You guys are out to get me!

Whenever the FFVII remake fails to materialise a sacrifice must be made to the gods, in the hope that it'll appease them and they shall shower us with a bounty of belts and zippers next time. It's mostly ceremonial at this point, nothing personal.

A remake would not be megaton, that would just be the inevitable. Squeenix has remade or re-released every installment in the franchise up to FFVII, including a few spin-offs like Tactics.

BlazingDarkness said:
but famitsu says SE do not have any surprise announcements?
so unless 'remake' is published by someone else.. or what?

Perhaps they weren't in on the surprise...what did they say before E3?

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
3D World Runner ~2nd Wind~: The Whispering Flame and the Shoes of Destiny

In all honestly, I doubt it will hit the high bar most are aiming for here. But that's not all bad, I mean I'd be a lot more interested in, say, a new Front Mission than anything FF or KH.

Also, we need Space Invaders Extreme XBLA/PSN and we need it yesterday. Wasn't there a radar blip of an XBLA Darius game awhile back, too? There's all sorts of Taito IPs that could use DD revivals.

Opus Angelorum said:
So I asked my source who alluded to the FFXIII news back at E3 what can we expect tomorrow, he replied with one word:

Remake

Your friend also said the new dashboard would be hitting 31st August.

If you do get perm'd, I'd walk up to him tomorrow and punch him in the back of the head.

lennypunch.gif

So, 4am British time for this MS TGS keynote yeah? I'm hoping there will be streams/live blogs/carrier pigeons?

near

Gold Member
Sakaguchi, I do not want to Cry On no more!

FFVII remake talk is just ridiculous to be honest, we've heard it time and time again, until we get some really solid info on the matter, it should not be taking remotely as a possibility, but as simple bullshit.
Please be fu**ing true!!

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
mr_bishiuk said:
People should support Microsofts single handed quest at keeping the JPRG genre alive,

Did you miss this little handheld system that came out back in late 2004 called the DS?

Top Bottom