• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Boom Street Date (and fans' hearts) Broken

SoulUnison

Banned
is this really cryengine? I mean what's the purpose of using a high end engine if it's gonna come out looking this ....shitty?

Yeah, I remember wondering what the hell they were thinking when it was announced.

"Let's take an engine known for being demanding, and put it on a relatively weaker console while rushing the development time."

Why wasn't this built on an Unreal, or something?

AniHawk

the 3ds one at least seems competent. like they had a gameplan and executed it. the wii u game looks like it's built on half-finished ideas.

DeVeAn

Damn, after watching someone play on YouTube...this is not even a Sonic game. Whoever greenlite this should be ashamed. Far from where the Sonic brand should be.

Foshy

is this really cryengine? I mean what's the purpose of using a high end engine if it's gonna come out looking this ....shitty?
this is not how engines work. You can make any kind of game using any artstyle with any engine. If you're halfway competent at what you're doing, at least.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Yeah, I remember wondering what the hell they were thinking when it was announced.

"Let's take an engine known for being demanding, and put it on a relatively weaker console while rushing the development time."

Why wasn't this built on an Unreal, or something?
Unreal doesn't exactly run well on the Wii U either. I'm not sure what other solutions they could have used but stock middleware engines aren't really suited to this type of game on the Wii U.

I can imagine that this was being developed as a cross platform game originally, though.

the 3ds one at least seems competent. like they had a gameplan and executed it. the wii u game looks like it's built on half-finished ideas.
Sanzaru has definitely managed to put out some decent stuff. Sly 4 wasn't exactly inspiring but it was a solid, well made game. The 3DS Sonic Boom seems to be reasonably competent if rather boring unlike the broken Wii U game.

NotLiquid

Someone at Nintendo is getting fired.

I doubt it. It's obvious to assume why Nintendo wanted another Olympics from them, Lost World was a decent title which they were kind enough to let Sega do free crossover DLC for and Sonic Boom feels like the only outlier which they might be a bit embittered about.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, this look like almost Superman 64 level of bad

the hell were they thinking green lighting this

Lijik

If you beat the game with all the emblems or medallions or whatever collectable thing they have in this game, this is your reward:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJNgZymZX_M

No, not super sonic. Something better.

tumblr_inline_n10wbkhlxz1qzozj1.gif

The real Sonic team made this garbage, so I'm not too excited for their game either:

Sonic_Lost_World_Wii_U_Box_art.jpg

I really don't understand the massive hate for LW, it was not a traditional Sonic like Generations tried to be but it was hardly unplayable/terrible like this and 2006.

Nintendo was really robbed with this 3 game exclusive deal.

Eh the next one will likely be on/exclusive to Wii U anyway, I can't see Sega spending what it would take to put Sonic on PS4/X1

Village

Village

...yet.

Now I wonder what Sonic Boom's super sonic would look like. I wonder if they'd go the buff DBZ super saiyan route...

Eh...

We will see, I think if it exists, everyone will also have thing. Because if that happens, It just turns into the sonic and shadow chaos emerald super show. Which is fine, But I want the other characters to actually be cool guys.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, I thought I was prepared for that video involving your reward for 100% the game & all items.

I WAS WRONG.

HORRIBLY, HORRIBLY WRONG.

Krejlooc

Banned
Eh...

We will see, I think if it exists, everyone will also have thing. Because if that happens, It just turns into the sonic and shadow chaos emerald super show. Which is fine, But I want the other characters to actually be cool guys.

Too bad you'll likely get this:

VNVnF8u.png

Village

Too bad you'll likely get this:

While as hilarious as that is, I think everyone will get a power up.

Because toy sales.

Why just sell super sonic and shadow, when you everyone can get a a thing ya know? More toys and stuff, metal sonic upgrades and shit.

Top Bottom