• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood in new NP

ivysaur12

Banned
Avrum said:
Here's to hoping it's not my first thought considering their "clue" there...

Wii version of Kingdom Hearts re: Chain of Memories. Though I suppose that wouldn't make much sense seeing as there are no Wii versions of KH or KH II to begin with.

Ugh... please no.

jman2050

Battles are 3D, there seems to be a Green Hill-esque area (complete with loops!) and also an awesome drawn shot of Sonic and Knuckles.

So awesome.

giggas

Avrum said:
Here's to hoping it's not my first thought considering their "clue" there...

Wii version of Kingdom Hearts re: Chain of Memories. Though I suppose that wouldn't make much sense seeing as there are no Wii versions of KH or KH II to begin with.

Dude, good call... lots of speculation over this one. I hope it's not a let down (it probably will be).

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
giggas said:
They said "With a completely real time system that uses a party, you become limited in terms of what the player can keep track of. If you have Sonic moving superfast and three other characters all doing their thing, it overwhelms the player."

That's bullshit. I've played Tales of Symphonia, Tales of the Abyss, Rogue Galaxy, Star Ocean 3, Kingdom Hearts, and Kingdom Hearts II just fine.

In-game it looks sorta weird. The setting, tone and art direction scream out Panzer Dragoon with Sonic. Definitely not what I was expecting, even though it looks interesting.

Mamesj

Banned
giggas said:
They said "With a completely real time system that uses a party, you become limited in terms of what the player can keep track of. If you have Sonic moving superfast and three other characters all doing their thing, it overwhelms the player."

Oh yeah I just read this in the back of the issue. Could be another huge goodie next month:

"Next month's cover story is an RPG so fantastic, so engrossing, so epic, and so hush-hush that we'd have to erase your memories if we told you what it is. In fact, maybe we already did. Role-playing fans, get ready for a big one."

Monolith Megaton Confirmed?!?

rhymes with Birth Hound?

Evander

"industry expert"
Mamesj said:
rhymes with Birth Hound?

Man, you know that Girth Pound is never coming out. You ought to give up on that dream, and just wait for somethin normal.

Like Earth Bound

giggas said:
"Next month's cover story is an RPG so fantastic, so engrossing, so epic, and so hush-hush that we'd have to erase your memories if we told you what it is. In fact, maybe we already did. Role-playing fans, get ready for a big one."
Matsuno is back, bitches.

*Prays for Panzer Dragoon Saga 2 developed by a competent Sega team*

Grecco

That news for next issue could be tottally anything but for some reason it reminded me of the whole Sora/Memories thing. KH3 on Wii would be pretty megaton bombic.

AniHawk

giggas said:

It's probably Sonic again.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
LinkAMN said:
So, a birds-eye Sonic Game? Not sure if that will work...
Look, we're already into turn-based RPG with dialogue trees and party system Sonic game. I think a birds-eye view won't be the straw that breaks the hedgehog's back.

Just seen the scans and - dear god - it's beautiful. No more grinding down San Francisco, it's a hand drawn classic Sonic world. The levels look like concept art, except Sonic's running in them.

If only a HD platformer could be like this.

-Leviathan

Link Man

Banned
Greatness Gone said:
Are you even aware that this is a RPG?

Yes, I'm aware that it is an RPG. However, I imagined something more fitting for the Sonic atmosphere, I guess. I expected crazy level design, and instead it looks like something ripped straight out of the Mario & Luigi games.

I have a feeling that it will, in fact, feel like a Mario & Luigi game as well.

KevinCow

Banned
giggas said:
Obviously this is Men in Black: The RPG.

Christopher

I was burned by Sonic...I don't know if I can trust him again.

Sonic Adventure One and Two were the LAST enjoyable Sonic games that I've played

Heros, Shadow, Advance 2 & 3 sucked, Secret Rings sucked as well.

Maybe since SEGA isn't developing this it might be good. What the hell happened to the team after the adventure games. (btw the PS3/360 version wouldn't be a bad game if the fucking gameplay wasn't broken - rushed failure.)

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Christopher said:
(btw the PS3/360 version wouldn't be a bad game if the fucking gameplay wasn't broken - rushed failure.)
Well yeah, gameplay being broken does tend to make games bad.

AppleMIX

THIS... IS... AWESOME!

Seriously, Bioware is by far my favorite developer. I was also a huge fan of Sonic up until Sega butchered it (after sonic adventure).

This game is going to be the best DS RPG of the year, I'm calling it now.

Amir0x said:
I definitely am interested in the tone now, hope it's totally laid back and not serious

I would hope so, the last non-serious game they worked on was MDK 2.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Segata Sanshiro said:
Then I guess it's a good thing Bioware's developing the game in lieu of a fictional blue hedgehog doing the job.
A fictional blue hedgehog who seems to be cursed.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Holy crap! Turn based battles? No random encounters? Remixed classic music? Not internally developed by Sega? :D :D :D Best Sonic game on the DS in over a decade confirmed!

"Dark Brotherhood!?" o_0 Is that related to the "Dark Brethren" by any chance? Maybe Sonic will start using Magnus :lol

When will they ever learn that trying to make cutesy characters badass is a bad idea? They should rename it "Kingdom Hearts: Sonic." Anyway, this sounds great, but only if they remove all of the new Sonic characters introduced after Big the Cat. Amy Rose is a good enough subsitute for Blaze anyways, especially with that hammer that should be useful in RPGs.

kbear

Wow.. screens look really good. It reminds me of the backgrounds for FF7.. the way they're an image sort of. This and the Ninja Gaiden game might finally make me get a DS

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Segata Sanshiro said:
Why are we doubting Bioware again?

BioWare makes great games.

But you don't make a Sonic game where you wait your goddamn turn. That's ridiculous. That's like giving Mario fucking rocket boots and a laser pistol.

The game LOOKS incredible, I am very impressed. The DS is the best Sonic system since the Genesis, its like a Sonic heaven on that thing. :D

ZealousD said:

But you don't make a Sonic game where you wait your goddamn turn. That's ridiculous. That's like giving Mario fucking rocket boots and a laser pistol.
Is it anything like making a Mario game where he teams up with Bowser and a Marionette to fight a giant sword? Cuz I think I can live with that.

Seems to be a big step up for Sonic after some of the more...sad things Sonics name has been involved with in recent memory. Hopefully his introduction in Smash and this game will be the point where Sonic games really start to step it up :D .

ZealousD said:

Stop bitching. You know you want this.

Top Bottom