• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Colors - E3 Trailer + screens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7bt49zGN8g

4702369776_3b35f6a132.jpg

4702369962_753f9a77a8.jpg

4701735919_2c2b2ba355.jpg

4701736153_d4ec236ce1.jpg

4702370630_43262b4cd9.jpg

4702370936_1ea4ff3bcb.jpg

4701736973_2e4af8f0f0.jpg

4701737257_3978794a7a.jpg

4701737511_b0a9a7957d.jpg

4701737777_8d39a41145.jpg

+ DS version at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/segaamerica/sets/72157624012078417/

Alright folks. You know the drill.

14soit.jpg

The M.O.B

Im glad that they have some great looking graphics here, but that's not what there problem is usually. I will stay hopeful.

JSR

Those fast food levels look strangely awesome. The trailer music, on the other hand, is definitely not awesome.

Salazar

:lol

"The sky with stars so bright
The colours feel so right
I've never felt like this
I'll keep on running.
"

Oh, Sega. It may feel so right, but it is indubitably wrong.

Anybody reading this post who hasn't watched the trailer yet - mute it.

I really wish they'd call the DS and Wii versions different things, though. It kind of insinuates that they are the same thing.

If the DS game's music is done by the Sonic Rush guy, then I'm sold no matter what. Sonic Rush on DS is my favorite Sonic game mostly because of the music.

Wii version I'll wait and see, though it's looking nice so far.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Why would you do that? said:
I really wish they'd call the DS and Wii versions different things, though. It kind of insinuates that they are the same thing.

If the DS game's music is done by the Sonic Rush guy, then I'm sold no matter what. Sonic Rush on DS is my favorite Sonic game mostly because of the music.

Wii version I'll wait and see, though it's looking nice so far.
If Hideki Naganuma returned I'd be sold on the DS version, but I doubt it since he didn't work on Sonic Rush Adventure.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Salazar said:

I'll keep on running.
"

I wish I believed you. ;-;

Teknoman

I dont think even the new Sonic fan base likes lyrics in their music. The instrumental section is cool, but the lyrics drag it down.

Salsa

I watched the video and at first i though "wow music is not bad pop-rock shit, good music in sonic games again ?" and then singing and UGH.

jj984jj said:
If Hideki Naganuma returned I'd be sold on the DS version, but I doubt it since he didn't work on Sonic Rush Adventure.
Yeah, I know. :( However, I feel like he has to be working on something, so I secretly hope this is it.

Teknoman said:
I dont think even the new Sonic fan base likes lyrics in their music. The instrumental section is cool, but the lyrics drag it down.
What's gonna HAAAAAppen to us!

Zen

Banned
At least they're taking inspiration from what works (Mario Galaxy). I do like that they've said the power ups will all work with a compliment Sonic, instead of being werehog, or divergent gameplay styles from what Sonic is about.

I hate to admit it, but I feel a small twinge of cautious optimism about this one compared to the last several Sonic titles. We need some gameplay footage on hands-on impressions though.

And yeah, the theme song sucks. There should be a rule: No vocals in Sonic music.

While the game does remind me of Mario Galaxy (from looking at screenshots), I honestly can't say that they're ripping off (or taking inspiration from) Galaxy. The screenshots also remind me of Sonic Adventure/2 and Unleashed.

(Oh I wish Huelen were here to react...)

Salsa

It is the same thing as always. I look at the evidently 2D gameplay screens and go "yay!" then 3D ones and i cringe.

Salazar said:

I'll keep on running.
"

I ignored your advice.

I will endeavor never to do so again :(.

Zomba13

Trailer is nice. I like the song. From the pics it looks like a Sonic version of Super Mario Galaxy. Power ups giving a bunch of wacky abilities including drilling, set in space (thats all I've got really)
Looks visually nice too. Nice and bright and very 'sonicy'. I fucking hate Sega though. They ALWAYS hook me with the Sonic Cycle. Hopefully we see this later on at the Nintendo conference.

Vice

Reminds me of the last Ratchet and Clank game for some reason, probably the rails in the screenshots. Will probably be mediocre at best though but I always get my hopes up for Sonic games so I'm hyped.

Sonic and Clank?

Top Bottom