• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: “PS4 ‘generally sold out at all retailers”

Are people in the U.K really struggling to find them? My local Sainsbury's (fallowfield, Manchester) has had them in stock for weeks. Both the solo pack and the Killzone bundle. Had them on shelves as recently as yesterday. Never seen them out of stock there.
They've been out of stock in my area until recently; I've been looking around trying to get one for my brother but the supply seems scarce.

I finally managed to get one last Friday at a local ASDA but it was the last one in stock. We'd actually been in the same ASDA the week before, as we decided to drop in while passing; they didn't have any stock then but they tried to sell us on an Xbox One instead.

It could be because I live near a big city though; it might be harder to keep them in stock in areas with larger populations.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Huh?
I guess you are the one with the "hurted feelings".
Posting a pic of a single PS4 in store (10 days ago) and talking about "not selling about anymore" is quite funny. Keep cool and relaxe, my friend.

Hey come on lets give him the benefit of the doubt here.

Maybe he's from New Zealand...

geordiemp

Are people in the U.K really struggling to find them? My local Sainsbury's (fallowfield, Manchester) has had them in stock for weeks. Both the solo pack and the Killzone bundle. Had them on shelves as recently as yesterday. Never seen them out of stock there.

I think we are past the sold out phase and are into the shipment to region vs monthly sales.

Of course Ps4 should be on shelves now, the question is do they move it time for the next shipment from Sony every 2-4 weeks or whatever it is.

I am sure Xbox One is same position and got there probably earlier, the only metric now is sell through per month.

If units are not selling through, the only way we as consumers find out is in monthly sales figures or anecdotal evidence such as price reductions and bundle offers.

Has there been any of those for next gen consoles yet ?

Hydrargyrus

In Spain, since I bought my PS4 the first day (that was not exposed), I haven't seen one in a retailer.

I've only seen empty boxes

My local GAME (the only place that sells consoles within 40 miles of me) is still sold out.

Feel sorry for the schmucks that bought it bundled with the superman blu ray though

T.O.P

Banned
Available at both GS and Amazon here in Italy since last week if anyone from EU wants one

jxa57YwvRRduB.jpg

Isn't the PS4 actually selling faster than the Wii did? Wii just had much less supply so it was harder to find for long periods of time.

Both systems are actually ahead of the Wii by a significant margin. Wii was supply constrained the first ear but the actual sales weren't all that impressive month by month.

S¡mon

Banned
If that image (from Italy) is correct, than that means:

1) Supply is great
2) Demand has fallen drastically
3) The map is not (fully) up-to-date

Germany, Belgium, France, The Netherlands are in short supply... heck, some people are still waiting for their pre-orders (that were placed before November 29)!

T.O.P

Banned
GS in Via Tiburtina? How is this possible? When? Every GS I visit said I have to wait almost 2 months. I already have one Ps4, I need another two for friends

Inizio dell settimana credo, non ho tempi specifici, comunque ho una mia amica che lavora al c.c. di ponte milvio e diceva almeno verso lunedì che ne avevano 2-3 disponibili in negozio e un altro pò però prenotate

quindi a sto punto punto non so sinceramente che dirti

but as i said, they might just want to take the easy way and go for Amazon as it could be a hit or miss with Gamestop

Top Bottom