• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference 2015

What do you want from Sony's E3?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishan

Well I guess the downside is ppl will have idiotic expectations from e3s at times... Need crash need agent hl3 etc ... That reminds me tho wtf is up with l4d3 source2 is being rolled out ... And those old coat l4d posts are from so long ago

nib95

Banned
FFVII magic starts from page 138 if anyone's wondering. I didn't realise posts got through, because I couldn't access GAF at all lol.

Two Words

FFVII magic starts from page 138 if anyone's wondering. I didn't realise posts could get through, because I couldn't access GAF at all lol.
Somebody should do some derivatives on the change in posts with respect to time on this conference. You go over a dozen pages within the same minute.

In regards to TGS, Shu "correcting" Greg/Colin that their next big show is pre-TGS had me hyped.

Historically, pre-TGS has always been "3rd-party exclusive" show. Shu's presence at SCEJA conference has been minimal, because there's never any need to announce 1st-party exclusives there.

Since Shu doesn't necessarily know what 3rd-parties are doing, I'm also expecting a bigger TGS presence. Full reveal of Gravity Daze 2 & Everybody's Golf would be nice.

Corpsepyre

Banned
FFVII magic starts from page 138 if anyone's wondering. I didn't realise posts got through, because I couldn't access GAF at all lol.

Thanks for that. Loved re-reading that. E3 time really is the best time of the year. It's my Eid/Christmas/Easter everything wrapped into one. :)

In regards to TGS, Shu "correcting" Greg/Colin that their next big show is pre-TGS had me hyped.

Historically, pre-TGS has always been "3rd-party exclusive" show. Shu's presence at SCEJA conference has been minimal, because there's never any need to announce 1st-party exclusives there.

Since Shu doesn't necessarily know what 3rd-parties are doing, I'm also expecting a bigger TGS presence. Full reveal of Gravity Daze 2 & Everybody's Golf would be nice.

Nice, can you give me that link, please?

USC-fan

Banned

They just plan it perfect. they put FF world before was just a master troll. Completely caught people off guard.

I couldnt even get on gaf during that. It was completely down. First time that happen all E3 for me.

GOW IV teaser for the PSX show, with the big reveal happening at E3 2016, alongside Bend new IP. The Level 5 RPG will be shown during this coming TGS.

enough with teasers already, do it like Horizon, in engine trailer cutscene followed immediately with gameplay demo. that's the only right way to announce your games.

I'll skip a beat if Cory Barlog comes up on stage and announces a new God of War, with a whole new setting. FUCK!

But....if they choose to go the Ascension route and show MULTIPLAYER as the first thing, I'll die right then and there. Was the worst thing they did with the series, and they chose ro focus on it for SOOOO long in the videos and what not.

EDIT: Do you guys even want a MP component in GoW going forward?

the mutliplayer in Ascension was amazing.

Two Words

It may not be the most popular idea, but if they went back to the God of War universe, I hope they actually make Hercules the character you play as. More Kevin Sorbo.

Elfstruck

Ok, seriously someone need to quote that Verendus' list with all the games he listed back then. So far, we have that FF spinoff, ff vii, tlg. We are still missing the new activision, rockstar and level 5 games :p

Yeah gaf went down for me after that.

and LOL Its just like 30 pages of WTF IS HAPPENING after that.

IAkAPwq.gif

RiverBed

Banned
Yep, just for laughs :p

Funny.
Though when you think about it, those companies will release at least 15 games combines within the three or so years it'll take SE to release FF7....if SE doesn't take even longer.
How many coming E3's can such a gif/thought last?
It is funny though. I'd go with a Sony one since they had three surprise announcements including FF7.

Ok, seriously someone need to quote that Verendus' list with all the games he listed back then. So far, we have that FF spinoff, ff vii, tlg. We are still missing the new activision, rockstar and level 5 games :p

So Dark Cloud, Red Dead Redemption 2, God of War Egypt, and GT7 Sports all to come exclusively to PS4.

Replicant

Somebody should do some derivatives on the change in posts with respect to time on this conference. You go over a dozen pages within the same minute.

Also Youtube stream was faster than Sony's own stream on PS4. So by the time YouTube steamer already on FF7, PS4 was still at WoFF.

Sorral

I ask myself this every day. This is all your fault. Wearing a Knack avatar is like the go to punishment.

Don't knock Knack by calling it punishment man!

knack-recovered92o2n.gif

Is it confirmed that we're getting a PSX this year? In December even?

I'd love for it to happen. obviously, and with more game reveals.

Need that God of War 4!

I think they said it will happen every year after they did it at the 20th anniversary.

Skux

There's a lot of overlap though, some people were watching on YouTube, which was more reliable but delayed by up to half a minute.

Pre-E3 you could say that, now who knows what could happen? Sony are making dream games happen.

Whilst i'm really happy with their announcements, i'll be sure to believe it when the games they've revealed are in my hand lol.

I just can't shake the distrust I have of Japan Studio to finish TLG and Square-Enix to have a decent development time and release schedule for FFVII Remake.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Feeling kinda of sorry for Microsoft they had a megaton in the form of backward compatibility however Sony arrived at E3 with 3 gigatons. I can picture Phil Spencer in the board room scratching his head and wondering wtf happened.

I can picture Sony's conference next year. Stage is quite Gabe Newell walks on stage. Says only "half-life 3 pc and ps4" drops mic and walks off.

Ishan

What the fuck

It all happened.

My mug of tears lies empty....

Best acknowledgement of crow and lack of tears
Edit chc I was with you thought tlg but not the others . Would have been happy with none and just horizon and uc4 and those 2 blew the show apart too

Guess best gif ? But at the point ppl were just going okay are you kidding me no one had any gifs ready for all 3 . It was legit fan fiction

I just wish Sony had some exclusives for this year. Not even No Man's Sky got a date. Microsoft wins easily for exclusives this year and features. But beyond that, Sony laid waste to everything.

Like Everybody's Gone to The Rapture? The Tomorrow Children? Dragon Quest Heroes? Persona 5? Tearaway Unfolded? Until Dawn?...

Unless by exclusives you mean AAA FPS and TPS games only.

Ishan

Like Everybody's Gone to The Rapture? The Tomorrow Children? Dragon Quest Heroes? Persona 5?...

Is tomorrow children confirmed this year ? I know persona 5 got an American 2015 and nier 2 ps4 exclusive lol I remeber when nd collection and r&c came out earlier ppl were like what's for e3 sony Jesus now we know why ... Nier 2 would have been a mid show Huge megaton but sony just had all the fanfiction

This thread is hilarious when you speed read it.

Shawn Layden into TLG announcement:
"shit beard"
"get on with it"
"clap line lol"
"applause line"
"come oooon"
"awful suit"
"we want games"
"oh?
"what?"
"holy shit holy shit"
"TLG?
"OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD"
"ITS HAPPENING"
"THEY DID IT"
"SONY WON"
"ADROE#=$("

I do wonder if that was an intentional troll on Layden's part. He knew the reputation he had garnered from last year's conference for warbling on and on with perfunctory buzzwords and flowery prose, and he began this conference doing it all over again. So while we were all dreading the worst, he suddenly cuts himself short, feeds us a few strong but succinct hints, and then proceeds to walk off the stage while the megaton is dropped in beautiful style. It was a genius move for him to do that, in a way. Probably earned a load of good will from the fanbase in the process as well.

HORRORSHØW

Like Everybody's Gone to The Rapture? The Tomorrow Children? Dragon Quest Heroes? Persona 5?...

i'm probably going to get all those in addition to until dawn, edith finch, and the uncharted collection. but honestly, DQ:H and persona 5 is going to eat most of my time.

Rymuth

I do wonder if that was an intentional troll on Layden's part. He knew the reputation he had garnered from last year's conference for warbling on and on with perfunctory buzzwords and flowery prose, and he began this conference doing it all over again. So while we were all dreading the worst, he suddenly cuts himself short, feeds us a few strong but succinct hints, and then proceeds to walk off the stage while the megaton is dropped in beautiful style. It was a genius move for him to do that, in a way. Probably earned a load of good will from the fanbase in the process as well.

scruffy beard >>> token game t-shirts confirmed?

He did it at PSX as well.

'Lets get on with it'

I thought he was much improved over last year. I wouldn't say he was doing it all over again before cutting short either, he said everything with much more conviction and purpose, and there was little waffle.

But yeah maybe some slimmer trousers next time.

RiverBed

Banned
backward compatibility

That is huge, took me by surprise and got me excited even tough I don't own an X1. I still don't know how they'll do it specifically (game patches? digital re-downloads?, etc.). But it is indeed a megaton. This is the first generation I wanted to play older gen games due primarily to PS+ free games. I still have full PS3 AAA games that I haven't even touched but I don't have a PS3 anymore. Also, I still want to go back and relax under the night sky in the desert in Red Dead Redemption... I bought that game three times once for 360 and twice for PS3.

I thought he was much improved over last year. I wouldn't say he was doing it all over again before cutting short either, he said everything with much more conviction and purpose, and there was little waffle.

But yeah maybe some slimmer trousers next time.

That whole speech leading up to TLG was definitely better than the guff he spoke last year, but it still felt like he was saying a whole lot of nothing, and if you look at the Gaf posts and stream comments when it was happening, there were a lot of people saying rather unkind things about him. But I think he knew what he was doing the whole time.

Oldsql

That is huge, took me by surprise and got me excited even tough I don't own an X1. I still don't know how they'll do it specifically (game patches? digital re-downloads?, etc.). But it is indeed a megaton. This is the first generation I wanted to play older gen games due primarily to PS+ free games. I still have full PS3 AAA games that I haven't even touched but I don't have a PS3 anymore. Also, I still want to go back and relax under the night sky in the desert in Red Dead Redemption... I bought that game three times once for 360 and twice for PS3.

I think you put in your game into the Xbox One and it will start a download with a version that works on the system.

Majmun

I just hope Sony announces a new Ape Escape adventure soon. And help kickstart a new Super Monkeyball game

They're long overdue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom