• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izick

Is the booth in HOME right now, or is it going to update later today? The blog post says later on, but I'm not sure how long ago it was posted. I want that B2S theme and another LoU theme. Destiny theme would be cool as well.

I love that they're doing this for everybody, this is awesome!

zeopower6

Is the booth in HOME right now, or is it going to update later today? The blog post says later on, but I'm not sure how long ago it was posted. I want that B2S theme and another LoU theme. Destiny theme would be cool as well.

I love that they're doing this for everybody, this is awesome!

Later today, it seems. I think it was posted not too long ago.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I guess Sony may be unloading their PS3 trailers this week if Puppeteer is any indication.

iRMJFo9Ak43Ct.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
It could be that a game that will be debuted and playable on the show floor? They'll certainly show games that will just be teasers and have no demos.

Of course but that doesn't mean SSM's game is the ONLY megaton at Sony's press conference.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hey! Thought i would post this here for the gaffers to see. Some nice goodies being given away at the Virtual E3 booth this year

Virtual PlayStation E3 Booth Opens for Pre-Registration

The biggest video game event of the year, E3, is almost upon us! Following tradition, we’ve taken the actual schematics of this year’s physical PlayStation booth and recreated it in PlayStation Home, right down to the finest details. Few are fortunate enough to attend the real event, but we love sharing the experience with all the PlayStation fans out there. This E3 is shaping up to be an extraordinary one — you don’t want to miss it.

Starting later today, everyonewho pre-registers in our virtual E3 booth will earn exclusive rewards, including a Beyond: Two Souls PS3 theme. This is only available for those who pre-register this week!

This should be its own thread I'd think.

Seriously they are giving away so much shit lol.

Everybody should do it just for the free copy of Rymdkapsel. Game is seriously good.

Zoator

I hope they have more than that, since MSFT is apparently having a ton of surprises. (going by that list)

I also hope it's not a first person game.

That list is not in any way an exhaustive representation of the games that will be at E3. The Sony SSM game is literally the only Sony game on that list across all platforms, announced or unannounced. I think it's safe to assume that Sony will bring more than one game to E3.

UrbanRats

That list is not in any way an exhaustive representation of the games that will be at E3. The Sony SSM game is literally the only Sony game on that list across all platforms, announced or unannounced. I think it's safe to assume that Sony will bring more than one game to E3.

Of course, but i was thinking proportionally.
I hope they have more than one big new IPs.
(big= not a 2d downloadable game)

OnFire331

5 Days to go. We're almost there! Thought I'd come up with a list of 10 topics (one per day) we can all post about until E3 gets here.

#10 is here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=60329837&postcount=6982
#9 is here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=60528001&postcount=7732
#8 is here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=60694437&postcount=8465
#7 is here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=60887865&postcount=9407
#6 is here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=61103593&postcount=10360

=========================================================================== ========
eQDH7lN.png

=========================================================================== ========

Your favorite moment involving Playstation. Doesn't have to be related to a specific game. For example, my best memory:

I was eight years old and had never had a console or gaming system at all in my life. Always saw them at friends' houses and stuff. Then one day on my birthday my parents bring home this big box labeled 'PlayStation'. I was so much in disbelief that I honestly thought they bought me a large chocolate bar in the shape of PlayStation 1. And I was hyped as shit for that! I tear through the package and lo and behold, a real life PS1. I died :p

Pick 1 moment/memory.

My dad buying a PS2 without me knowing just to play FFX. When we put the game, the intro cutscene blew our minds at the time. We played together the game along with my brother as we had done before in the PS1 with Spyro: Rypto's Rage (the only one I got at the time) and FF9 (my first and personal favorite FF game).

Another one I remember fondly might be playing at a friend's house FFVIII, KOF98, MK Trilogy and MMX4, so much fun had there.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Guess I'll do my once a year log-in to Home and snag some of this stuff. Beyond and Destiny themes might be pretty nice.

smr00

Banned
I hope all this Last Guardian talk is true.

Called that shit a long time ago. Called Versus/Last Guardian being PS4 launch or exclusives (meaning no ps3 versions)

So hyped.

I don't really see this to be as big deal since these games will still be coming to the PS4, but...

I mentioned the other day that I was hearing rumors of Microsoft throwing around a considerable amount of money to have publishers only show games on the Xbox One during E3. Most people dismissed my admittedly flakey news as 'that's what always happens.'

I've talked to more people since then though and this isn't the usual jostling for publishers on stage that happens at E3. Microsoft is throwing BIG money around to reverse course on idea that they aren't a games console. The rumors are that PS4 versions of multiplats, by those who do take the money, won't be shown AT ALL. Not on stage and not on the show floor.

I don't feel bad for Sony because business is business. I'm sure they will find a way to have a decent show... or they will have to recover afterwards. That's not really my concern.

Now, there's no need to take my word on this if you don't want to. But do keep an eye on E3 next week. With them buying up everything in sight and now potentially cutting an open roundtable out(to assumedly talk one on one with friendly press) and word that finding multiplat games on the ps4 on the show floor will be much harder than anticipated.... just keep an eye on it. Maybe my sources are wrong. But I feel confident enough in this info to share it.

I'm not saying to jump to conclusions. I'm just saying it may be something to keep an eye on.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=61413053&postcount=361

Mix

Hey! Thought i would post this here for the gaffers to see. Some nice goodies being given away at the Virtual E3 booth this year

Virtual PlayStation E3 Booth Opens for Pre-Registration

The biggest video game event of the year, E3, is almost upon us! Following tradition, we’ve taken the actual schematics of this year’s physical PlayStation booth and recreated it in PlayStation Home, right down to the finest details. Few are fortunate enough to attend the real event, but we love sharing the experience with all the PlayStation fans out there. This E3 is shaping up to be an extraordinary one — you don’t want to miss it.

Starting later today, everyonewho pre-registers in our virtual E3 booth will earn exclusive rewards, including a Beyond: Two Souls PS3 theme. This is only available for those who pre-register this week!

8951086990_fa6daecef3_z.jpg

Log into PlayStation Home later today to pre-register and snag this exclusive bonus!

When E3′s doors open on Tuesday June 11th at noon Pacific (3:00pm Eastern), the virtual doors open too.

This year, we have even more awesome rewards, which you can snag by completing various quests. Here are a few:

Exclusive The Last Of Us PS3 Theme
8951100674_c7a620b109_z.jpg

Two free PlayStation Mobile games: Rymdkapsel and Haunt the House
8949929795_2492825486_z.jpg

Free trial of Music Unlimited
8951079064_1948805d8c_z.jpg

Exclusive Destiny PS3 theme
8951077964_f70267689c_z.jpg

Free trial of PS Plus
8949887559_60c7c6138d_z.jpg

Exclusive first wave beta access to Killzone: Mercenary, available later this year on PS Vita
8951077642_cfc823c314_z.jpg

Jump into PlayStation Home before Monday night and pre-register to earn your Beyond: Two Souls exclusive PS3 theme, then get ready for opening day, June 11th. See you there!

*PS* First post :D
This is a pretty good first post, my friend. 4/5

Moneyhatting showfloor demos? Done seen it all now.

Sony's just going to have to come out swinging with their first party games, third party exclusives and third party titles from publishers that didn't agree with MS to not show the PS4 version on the show floor. If the rumors about the amount of games they have is true, then they shouldn't have too much trouble filling up their show and their booth with games.

any of our insiders know if the Sony E3 show is locked in? Or is stuff still being moved around and is Sony still trying to get developers?

sony should reallyreally bundle these F2P games with the PS4

(hopefully Guild Wars 2 jumps on board, Pay Once, Play Forever!)

Why bundle?

If they're bundled you need an online connection to be able to pay the developers for microtransactions.

They're free, that's selling point enough.

We don't even have to pay a penny for a single game when this thing launches, can play Planetside 2 and DCUO for a long long time for free lol :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom