• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait... people are actually expecting a price announcement at E3? I highly doubt we'll see price announcements at E3.

Regardless... HYPED! Don't care for MS or Nintendo. BRING ON THE PS4.

TriGen

Wait... people are actually expecting a price announcement at E3? I highly doubt we'll see price announcements at E3.

Regardless... HYPED! Don't care for MS or Nintendo. BRING ON THE PS4.

Sony dropped $599 at E3. If they weren't afraid then, they shouldn't be this time either.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I know I watched them all on TV. Nintendo and Microsoft were on Spike. I think G4 did Sony. I'm not sure who did EA and Ubisoft, but they were on TV as well. I would expect Spike to pick up whatever ones G4 lost.
That sounds right. DirecTV dropped G4 a while back so I was stuck with the stream.

MS having 2 conferences kind of close, either the e3 is weak or this may 21st conference is weak.

Or they both just focus differently. The reveal will probably be the system hardware shown and named, platform philosophy explained, big features and software shown and outlined. The E3 show will probably be all upcoming software, apps, more details and release timeframe. I don't expect date & price until E3 or three months before launch at another conference setting in Europe.

Overboost

Come back Cerny!!

iyBo7wsqPI6Zm.gif
Oh man HAHAHAHAHAHA YES.

Or they both just focus differently. The reveal will probably be the system hardware shown and named, platform philosophy explained, big features and software shown and outlined. The E3 show will probably be all upcoming software, apps, more details and release timeframe. I don't expect date & price until E3 or three months before launch at another conference setting in Europe.
Idk they just seem too close to not be going over things twice somewhat.

Noks415

This is probably a stupid question, but is there any way to get an invite to Sony's presser if you're not press?

Kyoufu

Naughty Dog better be there, Sony!

Hmm... The team that worked on Uncharted 3 must be working on something but... Last of Us comes out 4 days after the E3 conference. Would they just market that game instead of showing their new project?

Duffyside

Banned
Why not? They announced the PS3 price at E3 06' didn't they?

Yeah, but not at the same time as MS. If MS doesn't announce, Sony won't. If MS does... Sony still might not, depending on what happens -- $599 for MS, Sony announces; $399 for MS with a cheaper subsidized version, Sony waits.

The only way I can say for sure Sony will give their price at (or before) E3 is if MS gives theirs at the 21st reveal.

Meelow

Banned
This is probably a stupid question, but is there any way to get an invite to Sony's presser if you're not press?

Well last year Sony let the first 40? People that stayed in line at the place they were having their E3 conference in, but I'm not sure if they will do that again.

Nintendo's gonna wait until the week of E3 to announce when their big E3 Direct is, aren't they...

If they want people to know they will be doing a Nintendo Direct on E3 week they better announce the date soon.

Nintendo E3 Direct 2013 isn't the same Directs as they done before, this one will be big.

Dinjooh

Hmm... The team that worked on Uncharted 3 must be working on something but... Last of Us comes out 4 days after the E3 conference. Would they just market that game instead of showing their new project?

I'm certain they'll give Last of Us a showing, it was the single best thing to come out of all the shows last E3. Dat ending gameplay.

ib0Z48FvMm2ptU.gif

macewank

Kaz better get on stage. I like Tretton, but I *demand* to see Kaz roll out like "sup bitches" when they announce the date/price

Kyoufu

Kaz better get on stage. I like Tretton, but I *demand* to see Kaz roll out like "sup bitches" when they announce the date/price

I hope Andrew House does it instead. I like new blood.

Kaz just reminds me of PS3/Vita failures. :p

Besides Kaz is the Sony CEO now. He's probably not going to be involved in the conference at all.

and like last E3 and the one before
they are gonna show everything the week before

I dunno about that, this time they have the momentum of Microsoft's 21st and E3 events to contend with, it wouldn't surprise me to see Sony keeping EVERYTHING under wraps and just bringing the place down in their presser. I think this would be the best decision anyway, not to reveal stuff bit by bit.

Idk they just seem too close to not be going over things twice somewhat.

Well, obviously that's going to happen on some level, anyway. It certainly will with Sony's conference because there's been so much time in between shows. I don't see the problem with a small gap between. In the end, it worked out fine with the X360 reveal show to the E3 show, which had a little more time between, but not much, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom