• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony files third trademark application for "The Last Guardian"

At this point I'm more interested in an exhaustively researched documentary about this game's development than the final product

Provided we're not talking about the thing being shitcanned after a year and then literally nothing happened for half a decade

This is happening in the period when sony files the trademarks for E3... uncharted 4 delayed... they were waiting for the right time to reintroduce it...

it's happening, isn't it?

Maxim726X

Why would they just kill something that they've been working on for this long?

Does Sony like flushing money down the toilet? Pretty sure they don't.

fy0kyk8.gif

sublimit

Banned
At this point I'm more interested in an exhaustively researched documentary about this game's development than the final product

I think we will get one but it will be more of a PR/marketing documentary with everyone kissing each others asses saying stuff like "how ambitious the game was" or how they wanted to give players "the best possible experience that only the PS4 could achieve" rather than telling the true reasons behind this whole fiasco and who were the people responsible for both the game's development hell as well as Sony's abysmal communication with the fans regarding news about it.

tuffy

Provided we're not talking about the thing being shitcanned after a year and then literally nothing happened for half a decade
I believe the latter is where we're at. I envision a lot of assets and design documents sitting around - and maybe Sony figures they'll get around to finishing up something someday - but the actual talent has been busy on other things for a long time.

B.O.O.M

Guys for the sake of your sanity 'DON'T' expect it to be at E3..at least set your hopes on TGS ..that way you will only be disappointed once instead of three times or more lol

Spineker

Banned
After all this time, hype building and waiting, this game is probably going to release fairly close to Fallout 4 and will probably get smoked in sales

Khayam

Banned
I don't subscribe to blind devotion, no.

They need to show something that makes this worth the wait. I like Ico, I didn't love it, but I can appreciate what it is and it's place in gaming history and deserving of it's reputation despite my personal attitude towards it. Colossus has a lot of clunky edges, but I could call that a game deserving of the title masterpiece.

Neither of those means this will automatically be good. We've seen nothing on this and know nothing about it. No reason for hype.

Actually it does. If Picasso announced he's gonna paint something new, you know it's going to be good. And that's for a reason. It's not just a random or shallow arrangement of stuff. It's a bold vision, delivered in a meaningful form.

What Ueda did with Ico and SotC is incredible on many many many levels. He is an artist first and foremost. Ico is a piece of art that no other game approaches even remotely except for SotC.

The simple fact that TLG is not out yet should clue you up on the fact that these games are not just there for show. They are released when they are ready, not when a arbitrary deadline has been reached.

So it's not abound blind faith. It's about complete and utter trust in the man behind these games. Unless his brain got some serious injury, I have complete trust in the fact that he will deliver something on par with his previous 2 masterpieces.

And I'm calling you "not a fan" because you seem blind to the artistic part of Ico.

i'm sorry if this reads very snobbish but I can't stand when people don't give Ico its due credit and go on on praising SotC.

I feel like this game is going to underwhelm, no matter what it is when it comes out. The Order and Titanfall only had like 2-4 years of hype... and they didn't hold up so well against this image we had crafted in our heads... this poor game is DOA.

Actually it does. If Picasso announced he's gonna paint something new, you know it's going to be good. And that's for a reason. It's not just a random or shallow arrangement of stuff. It's a bold vision, delivered in a meaningful form.

What Ueda did with Ico and SotC is incredible on many many many levels. He is an artist first and foremost. Ico is a piece of art that no other game approaches even remotely except for SotC.

The simple fact that TLG is not out yet should clue you up on the fact that these games are not just there for show. They are released when they are ready, not when a arbitrary deadline has been reached.

So it's not abound blind faith. It's about complete and utter trust in the man behind these games. Unless his brain got some serious injury, I have complete trust in the fact that he will deliver something on par with his previous 2 masterpieces.

And I'm calling you "not a fan" because you seem blind to the artistic part of Ico.

i'm sorry if this reads very snobbish but I can't stand when people don't give Ico its due credit and go on on praising SotC.

Somewhere there was someone who posted something similar about Duke Nukem Forever.

I don't care how good someone's previous games were: 8+ years of development is not a good sign for any project.

spookyfish

So, do you think that waiting for the game, and the lows and highs of all of its deaths and resurrections actually *IS* the game??

"This interactive experience brought to you by Sony."

Blader

But if Picasso said he was going to make a new painting, drew a sketch of it, then said he was going to leave it up to someone else to finish it, would you have the same expectation for it?

I'm still hyped for the game, but between the extreme wait and the fact that Ueda left after reportedly finishing his role in the project (which you think, as the game's director, would run from day 1 to the very end) years ago has done a lot to dampen my hype.

FTF

Just in time for E3!!!

...It doesn't exist anymore and I will no longer be disappointed every time it's not shown.

question, how do people find out about these trademarks?

do they just go on the site and search for it every time?

that's kinda sad.

But if Picasso said he was going to make a new painting, drew a sketch of it, then said he was going to leave it up to someone else to finish it, would you have the same expectation for it?

I'm still hyped for the game, but between the extreme wait and the fact that Ueda left after reportedly finishing his role in the project (which you think, as the game's director, would run from day 1 to the very end) years ago has done a lot to dampen my hype.

He is still working on the game, just not as a Sony employee. It's still his project and he will see it through to completion.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ueda himself has said that he is no longer working on the game.

Just tell us it's cancelled so we can get on with our lives.

Top Bottom