• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony files third trademark application for "The Last Guardian"

panty

uxllG4N.gif

At this point, this game feels like a vegetable that Sony is keeping alive as some cruel joke. Every time the trademark runs out is like someone tripping over the life support machine's power cable. Sony then hurriedly plugs it back in.

Alastor

Just rebought a PS3, can't wait for TLG!

But seriously,I'm interested to see what's changed and how the game looks now.

Mato

Actually my outlook on the game is a lot more positive these days. They were probably waiting for PS4 to launch, PS3 being too underpowered to allow them to realize their vision. I think the game is happening within the next 2-3 of years.

tuffy

Its development seems to consist mainly of Sony's legal department writing another check to the trademark office every time the press mentions that it's expired again.

Khayam

Banned
Even as a fan (mostly of Colossus, Ico I couldn't really enjoy admittedly) it's been far too long since they released a game to simply take it on faith that this will be a gaming masterpiece that was worth the delay of a whole console generation (one of the longest too) and secrecy that would put the CIA to shame. Especially since we only knew of a basic concept, with no real details on how any of it works, or whether it's even the same game anymore at this stage.

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you, but you're not a fan.

Servbot24

Banned
Sony not filing the trademark didn't mean it was dead, and the trademark being renewed doesn't mean it will come out any time soon. Trademarks are not relevant news.

Honestly, if they don't mention the game at all this year then they can just leave it be. It has been a while and my heart can't take it anymore. I guess I will go back and ico collection for the 100th time :/

graffix13

When/if this game ever releases it will never live up to the hype. Never.

It is best served being vaporware, honestly. It's more....legendary that way.

I believe. I have always believed. I will keep believing.

My belief has been tested time and again but the light will guide me to the miracle...

Thats why, TLG E3 2015 HYPE!!!

Remeber when The Order 1886 and Bloodborne got trademark during this same time, expect The Last Guardian at E3 guys.
It's finally happening!

Fury451

Banned
I'm sorry to be the one to tell you, but you're not a fan.

I don't subscribe to blind devotion, no.

They need to show something that makes this worth the wait. I like Ico, I didn't love it, but I can appreciate what it is and it's place in gaming history and deserving of it's reputation despite my personal attitude towards it. Colossus has a lot of clunky edges, but I could call that a game deserving of the title masterpiece.

Neither of those means this will automatically be good. We've seen nothing on this and know nothing about it. No reason for hype.

EGM1966

Hype for what? No one knows what the game is and the studio hasn't put anything out since the ps2 era.
ICO and SOTC are two of the my favorite GOAT titles. Anything that comes from that pedigree I'm very interested in.

Basically my imagination is running riot.

-Horizon-

If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, meh. I'm not getting invested in this anymore until I see some concrete footage of whatever the heck is going on with it.

Their commitment to making sure this game lives is only outmatched by their commitment to making sure that CatBird dies. The game's development cycle will have more emotional swings that the game's story ever could.

sublimit

Banned
If this game ever comes out i'm afraid that with all the hype that it gathered over the years it's going to be teared apart by both reviewers and fans if it's anything less than stellar.

And even if it is i think many people will still find reasons to be disappointed.

My inner child wants to believe and wants to go on a journey with a boy and his companion through ruins and solve traversal puzzles and elude guards. He really does.

Adult me is thinking we will always have Ico and SOTC as this thing is never ever coming out and if it does its at almost Duke Nukem Forever levels here and cannot fail to disappoint.

Inner Child vs Adult - who will be proved right.

If this game ends up releasing - even this year - there will be children playing it that were not alive when it was first announced. Ridiculous.

Sephzilla

『Inaba Resident』;156268174 said:
Do people seriously think this game is dead?
I'm positive its coming.

The Last Guardian, a potentially amazing game, is dead.

The Last Guardian, the overwhelmingly disappointing game stuck in development hell, is what's coming.

Top Bottom