• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony introduces Official PlayStation League, own eSports platform for PS4

JustSquid

I feel that e-sports should appear because the gaming community makes it appear and not because some huge publishers want it to appear so they can get more cash and push their PR agenda.

This always feels way more forced and heavy-handed.

I agree with you, for the most part. I believe the effect should be natural. It should exist far before a developer, publisher or investor comes in. Some of the best competitive communities (known and unknown) have thrived because of steadfast people leading the way in their community.

However, I like where SCEE (or whomever) is going with this. There his a healthy amount of competitive players from Portugal/Spain (Uncharted, Killzone, FIFA, BF, COD) and they definitely deserve their chance to act as the catalyst for the rest of us.

Piccoro

Bumping this to let you know that this is available in Portugal since yesterday:

https://www.ligaplaystation.pt/

You can now register for competitions in the following games: FIFA 15, PES2015, DB Xenoverse and Driveclub.
The prizes are the same as Spain: 1000 € in PSN credit + 1 year of Plus for the winner.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Awesome idea.

Top Bottom