• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is teasing a game reveal on 4/19 "Will vengeance bring redemption?"

Drencrom

why mang it wasn't that bad. rich deep combat system, 10 million dollars worth of andy serkis.

jk

Andy Serkis's performance was the best thing about the game, he's great.

Heavenly Sword 2.
Makes too much sense.

How so? I don't see any reason why SSM/Sony should bring back that IP when they can make GoW 4 instead which is bound to sell.
There really isn't a demand of a sequel to HS either.

Plus, it was nice seeing a new, not sexed up female character.

Well, I guess that's subjective but...

200689-header.jpg

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
In a perfect world where Sony is really serious about the "we learned our lesson" handheld strategy, this hype campaign would end up revealing a high profile game, created by one of their premiere studios for the Vita. You know, their new system.

But this is not a perfect world, and Vita will *never* be treated to such buildup, because Sony doesn't give a shit lol.

KAL2006

Banned
In a perfect world where Sony is really serious about the "we learned our lesson" handheld strategy, this hype campaign would end up revealing a high profile game, created by one of their premiere studios for the Vita. You know, their new system.

But this is not a perfect world, and Vita will *never* be treated to such buildup, because Sony doesn't give a shit lol.
I personally would prefer God of War to be on consoles due to the big spectacle in those games. However I agree they need to put a high profile game made by a big studio on Vita. Gran Turismo, Demon Souls and Jak would all be Suitable franchises for the Vita.

This won't be Heavenly Sword 2, there is too much evidence pointing towards God of War 4. But I don't get why the first one gets all the hate, I got the game along with Resistance with my PS3 on release and remember it being an awesome game, it had mo cap performances, a new and interesting story and fun gameplay. I know it was a short game, but so are loads of games which don't suffer the same criticism.

I don't know about everyone else but I had a lot of problems with it. Ninja Theory really didn't seem to have any clue how to make proper combat mechanics, so they settled for long sequences of pretty animations that you couldn't cancel out of at any point. It just felt so unresponsive and sluggish. And then they went and spent millions hiring Weta Digital and Andy Serkis to do the cutscenes. The whole thing stunk of presentation being prioritised over gameplay.

And yeah, I know it'll be God of War 4, I just want that Heavenly Sword 2 rumour to be true. I don't really care about the name to be honest, I'd just like to see what SSM would do with an open world game.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Inside source. I hope he is not pulling my leg. Its gow4 and demios is the main focus of the game. Oh and the game makes gow3 look like a kids game in comparison. Other words....its gory as hell.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
I wonder where Kratos's family went though, he has been to the underworld and Olympus.

At least his daughter Calliope was in the Elysian Fields the last time Kratos met her, but he had to sacrifice his chance to stay with her in order to save the world. That was actually one of the high points of the series in terms of emotional impact.

Inside source. I hope he is not pulling my leg. Its gow4 and demios is the main focus of the game. Oh and the game makes gow3 look like a kids game in comparison. Other words....its gory as hell.

My body is ready to be torn asunder.

Dabanton

Hilarious.

GOW3 was already creeping into self parodic levels of 'gore' i can't see how they can get even more gorier.

Andy Serkis performance was the best thing about the game, he's great.

How so? I don't see any reason why SSM/Sony should bring back that IP when they can make GoW 4 instead which is bound to sell.
There really isn't a demand of a sequel to HS either.

Well, I guess that's subjective but...

200689-header.jpg

Compared to Lara Croft and all the fighting game characters, that's actually pretty decent. I mean, it's realistic... 'cept the huge ass cannon.

Sorry, what? Nariko is as sexed up as practically any other VG vixen out there. Hell, even Kai's design isn't chaste.

She's not some double D wet dream some nerd jizzed up, either.

jett

D-Member

I'd be ok with that

DEGOW3.jpg

although I'm completely unfamiliar with the guy as I have no played the PSP games. All I know is he was Kratos's brother. I guess he escapes Hades while shit's going down in GOW3? :p

I don't understand the shining things on his face

KAL2006

Banned
People putting the Heavenly Sword IP down due to the first one having shitty gameplay doesnt mean there shouldn't be a sequel. Heavenly Sword did many othrr things right like having a good setting and atmosphere, cool designs, great writing and cutscenes, great characters. All they have to do is revamp the gameplay. Uncharted 1 wasnt exactly big, imagine if Sony dropped that IP after the first one we wouldn't have the big sequels to that IP.

Combichristoffersen

I'd be ok with that

DEGOW3.jpg

although I'm completely unfamiliar with the guy as I have no played the PSP games. All I know is he was Kratos's brother. I guess he escapes Hades while shit's going down in GOW3? :p

I don't understand the shining things on his face

What happens to Deimois.. SPOILERS:
As a child in Sparta, Deimos gets kidnapped by Ares and Athena and brought to the Domain of Death, Thanatos's dwelling, because it has been foretold that one of the siblings will overthrow Zeus one day. Deimos is chained up and held captive by Thanatos until both he and his brother have become adults, when Kratos learns of Deimos's fate.

Kratos sets out to save his brother, and eventually finds him alive. He frees Deimos, but they end up fighting, as Deimos has been nurturing hatred and resentment towards Kratos for not saving him. Thanatos appears, and brings Deimos to the Suicide Bluffs, and attempts to kill him. Kratos appears, and saves Deimos from falling to his death, and Deimos repays Kratos by helping him fight Thanatos. Deimos ends up getting killed by Thanatos, before Kratos eventually destroys the god of death.

People putting the Heavenly Sword IP down due to the first one having shitty gameplay doesnt mean there shouldn't be a sequel. Heavenly Sword did many othrr things right like having a good setting and atmosphere, cool designs, great writing and cutscenes, great characters. All they have to do is revamp the gameplay. Uncharted 1 wasnt exactly big, imagine if Sony dropped that IP after the first one we wouldn't have the big sequels to that IP.

Uncharted 1 was a good game, even if it was rough around the edges.
Heavenly Sword was, besides Andy Serkis's performance as king Bohan, not a particularly good game at all.

KAL2006

Banned
Sony have a habit of revealing most of their games before E3. I remember them doing this with MotorStorm 3, Killzone 3, LittleBigPlanet 2, inFamous 2 and GoW: Ghost of Sparta. They also reveal other big games at different events such as Uncharted 3, Resistance 3 and Last of Us. This makes their E3 conference have less surprises. I personally am not bothered when Sony announce there games, but I know some folks will hate on Sony's E3 conference saying MS and Nintendo have more games and forget Sony constantly announce new games throughout the year unlike their competitors.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sony have a habit of revealing most of their games before E3. I remember them doing this with MotorStorm 3, Killzone 3, LittleBigPlanet 2, inFamous 2 and GoW: Ghost of Sparta. They also reveal other big games at different events such as Uncharted 3, Resistance 3 and Last of Us. This makes their E3 conference have less surprises. I personally am not bothered when Sony announce there games, but I know some folks will hate on Sony's E3 conference saying MS and Nintendo have more games and forget Sony constantly announce new games throughout the year unlike their competitors.

Sony's ship seems to leak more than most, so I wouldn't be surprised if the earlier announcements are made simply to beat the rumour mill to the punch.

Alastor

Well, it's not completely out of sense for HS either. It may be refering to [big HS spoiler]
Nariko's death, and the others in the tribe, Kai's family... and you play as her, pissed off only slighly less than Kratos

It's GoW 4 though.

(Both is fine for me, I liked HS for what it was)

Well, it's not completely out of sense for HS either. It may be refering to [big HS spoiler]
Nariko's death, and the others in the tribe, Kai's family... and you play as her, pissed off only slighly less than Kratos

It's GoW 4 though.

(Both is fine for me, I liked HS for what it was)

Wasn't one of the proposed storylines for a sequel to HS that Nariko had to fight her way back
from hell/afterlife
?

Alastor

Wasn't one of the proposed storylines for a sequel to HS that Nariko had fight her back
from hell/afterlife
?

I remember reading something like that, yeah. But I'd prefer her
to stay dead
and play as older Kai instead, and maybe a new character.
But branched storyline for Nariko (in hell) and Kai (alive and kicking ass above) isn't that bad of idea, actually

Shame Sony doesn't have balls to lose some more money and have 2 high-profile exclusive fantasy action franchises instead of one.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I would actually call that worthless, it shows nothing, it says nothing substantial. Not that I would except more from an announcement teaser, most of them are like that, but I couldn't call it incredible with a straight face.
It was actually shown at E3 08 and had a great impact, but yes, it definitely looks underwhelming now, though.

Combichristoffersen

Shame Sony doesn't have balls to lose some more money and have 2 high-profile exclusive fantasy action franchises instead of one.

They just posted a $6.4 billion loss, and you want them to lose even more money by making a full-fledged sequel to a failed franchise? And I thought I was crazy for asking for HD ports of Primal and Ghosthunter.

Alastor

They just posted a $6.4 billion loss, and you want them to lose even more money by making a full-fledged sequel to a failed franchise? And I thought I was crazy for asking for HD ports of Primal and Ghosthunter.

Well, developed by SSM, it would certainly be a better game than the first one... And HS1 has its fans. NT gets all the hate now because they agreed to work on a franchise they aren't suited for at all (DMC), but they don't make bad games per se, at least in my opinion.

But back on topic - yeah, I want that. Because I'd buy both HS2 and GoW4. Why should I care about anything else? ;p

I'd buy Primal HD too, but only with revamped controls and lock-on system

Himself

Do the portable games feature this Demios character? I haven't played them yet and if GOW4 ends up being about him I'd like to play them beforehand to get some background.

Combichristoffersen

Do the portable games feature this Demios character? I haven't played them yet and if GOW4 ends up being about him I'd like to play them beforehand to get some background.

He's in Ghost of Sparta. If you have a PS3, the two PSP games are available as HD ports.

Top Bottom