• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is working on Remote Play function for PC/MAC.

This is great. I hope they're also making the Android app officially available for all, so I don't have to rely on a modded version. Nvidia Shield Tablet has a mini-HDMI out port, which makes it great to remote play with (in addition to its own PC remote play), I don't think the Sony tablet has that.

jaypah

Sweet, my main PC is hooked to the same living room tv as my PS4 but I can use the secondary PC in our game room with this. Good job, competition is alive.

Guymelef

This is great. I hope they're also making the Android app officially available for all, so I don't have to rely on a modded version. Nvidia Shield Tablet has a mini-HDMI out port, which makes it great to remote play with (in addition to its own PC remote play), I don't think the Sony tablet has that.

You can use and MHL to HDMI adapter with Z Tablets.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Oh yeah that's some good shit right there

Why do people keep bringing up the PSTV? How does the PSTV relate to this at all? Were people hooking their PSTVs to their computers and using remote play?

I didn't even know that was a thing.

Cleve

Man, being able to stream xbox one/ps4/steam all to the same box/tablet is a dream come true. Let's hope this does 1080p, that was always a gripe about the vita tv for me.

1080p on a 1440p or 4K monitor is going to be pretty nasty.

1440p sure, but 1080 scales great on 4k

MrGerbils

I love that they also mention Mac.

I feel like streaming from both Xbox and PS4 should be able to go to PC, Mac, iOS, and Android no problem, and any choice to limit it from one or the other is kinda crap.

He once said that the vita has full support from Sony...

And it did. They made an Uncharted, Killzone, MLB, LBP, Resistance, Hot Shots Golf, etc and fonanced Call Of Duty, Assassins's Creed, and more. Nobody bought any of the games so they stopped supporting it. This really isn't a hard concept to grasp. This revisionist history bullshit is tiring.

This was one of the main reasons I owned an Xbox one in addition to my ps4. This is pretty big for me. Going back to one system.

Great news. Wanted it for ages.

Should have happened a year ago and not just now because some yahoo was homebrewing it.

They should do mobile as well for all modern iOS and Android phones.

Same goes for PS Now. That shit should be on anything with a internet connection and a way to connect a DS4

Brashnir

"working on it" enough to send a C&D to the people making one on their own, moreso than enough to actually release something anytime soon, I suspect.

Garuda1One

OMG YES now i doesnt have to move my PS4 to my PC when my wife want to watch american next top model, or married at first sight australia

Excuse my ignorance, but is this feature just so that if your main TV is occupied by someone else, you can just stream it to your PC/monitor and view it on that wirelessly instead of plugging it directly into your monitor? Do we expect to be able to use KB+M?

Fat4all

Banned
Excuse my ignorance, but is this feature just so that if your main TV is occupied by someone else, you can just stream it to your PC/monitor and view it on that wirelessly instead of plugging it directly into your monitor? Do we expect to be able to use KB+M?

I'm assuming they will want it working similarly to the way you can stream Xbox One games to PC.

Top Bottom