• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony opens internal investigation on PS5 Pro spec leaks - came from third party roll out

MLID could get in trouble for that actually. A Marvel subreddit got in legal trouble for something similar.

He tried to edit things out to save his "sources" but I don't think he did a good job...

He should have just talked about it without showing official slides

But then nobody would have believed him

Last edited:

OverHeat

« generous god »
idk why but the first moment I saw the title "Sony Penis internal investigation".
yeah makes sense they would do that. They were baiting the leak for months
oj81kjz.jpg

splattered

I don't know for a fact but by opening this investigation tells me they were.

And whatever next Xbox happens is supposed to be more powerful than PS5 Pro?

And then PS6 probably more powerful than SX2?

I wonder if these things will ever feel super powerful again or disappointingly deflate a year into their releases haha

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
And whatever next Xbox happens is supposed to be more powerful than PS5 Pro?

And then PS6 probably more powerful than SX2?

I wonder if these things will ever feel super powerful again or disappointingly deflate a year into their releases haha
Nextbox is supposed to have a decent power advantage over the PS5 Pro but haven't seen anything on PS6

Its likely Nextbox IF specced what has been looked at would be $800+

IF its still on course we will know everything about it right before the PS5 Pro launches to try and make people weigh which they would rather have imo

Going to be curious how things play out

//DEVIL//

so instead of shutting the fuck up with no comments. you pretty much confirmed those specs are real.

good job sony lol

ManaByte

He tried to edit things out to save his "sources" but I don't think he did a good job...

He should have just talked about it without showing official slides

But then nobody would have believed him
A Marvel subreddit posted the closed captions script for an unreleased Marvel movie. As it was stolen and illegally leaked and they posted it, Marvel subpoenaed Reddit and the sub shut down as the mods responsible were in deep legal shit (it’s since reopened with new mods). Sony could go after MLID for posting images of the slides.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Non news. It's coming and that's all that matters.

It's good to have news in the slow time of the year though.

yurinka

Amateurs.

Prepare different specs sheets.
Show different ones to different companies.
Check which set got leaked
Boom! You have 3 companies to check and not 30.

Amateurs
Who says they already don't to this? We even saw devkits with zebra stripes making each one different, so if they got leaked in a photo they even knew which one was. They can even do this with the images in the documents.

In fact, if they would be having an investigation pretty very little would know it.

And well, I'd say they don't care about specs getting leaked when they know that in the moment they share them with devs it's going to be leaked to other studios and Microsoft.

Last edited:

onQ123

Exactly... as it stands Sony is just lucky that the PS5 has been selling purely on merit and credit in the bank alone. It sure as hell is not due to marketing or messaging.

Mind-boggling if you ask me. Some super secretive old-school culture Sony has got going on. If there is one thing they should take from Xbox page, its that they should talk more. Xbox series consoles are practically dead in the water right now, and MS is there generating hype by announcing that they would announce new future hardware by the end of the year. Sony has a whole new version of the PS5 in circulation amongst devs, and in this super-connected world we live in today they are somehow expecting there to be no leaks.
They announced it out of desperation to calm down the fanboys

simpatico

Considering how shocking the leak is (who expected a slightly faster AMD APU?), I can see why Sony is upset. For a release of this magnitude, this complexity… you want to release it on your own terms to explain to public what this wild machine does. I hope they can find a way to tell consumers what this product is exactly.

Quantum253

Considering how shocking the leak is (who expected a slightly faster AMD APU?), I can see why Sony is upset. For a release of this magnitude, this complexity… you want to release it on your own terms to explain to public what this wild machine does. I hope they can find a way to tell consumers what this product is exactly.
I'm surprised, if it launches in 5-6 months and hasn't even been officially announced yet, that we still know so little

Topher

Gold Member
Whoever it was I'm sure Sony has the decency for leniency. It's no that big of a deal.

If they figure out who it was then they will be fired. That will probably be lenient if they violated a NDA.

Last edited:

Mr.Phoenix

99% of people don't know the specs of the PS5 let alone the PS5 Pro. Who cares?
And thats kinda the point. The people that care about stuff like this, are more than likely the ones who would buy it first, and also already own your current console. So what good does it do anyone to keep it a secret?

A Marvel subreddit posted the closed captions script for an unreleased Marvel movie. As it was stolen and illegally leaked and they posted it, Marvel subpoenaed Reddit and the sub shut down as the mods responsible were in deep legal shit (it’s since reopened with new mods). Sony could go after MLID for posting images of the slides.
They won't do it. They rarely do such things as they are afraid of the bad PR.

Sony be like: "Let's not share ANY info on the PS5 Pro because fuck the target audience. But DO send out dev units, what could go wrong?".

Specs leak

Sony:
Surprised Meme GIF

Id honestly dont get why in this day and age companies withhold info for the consumers, but DO give it to partners.
Its the internet age. OF COURSE ITS GONNA LEAK YOU IMBECILES!!!

Last edited:

Caio

Sony make it official, this is getting ridiculous at this point. Investigating on leaks theirselves were expecting to be leaked ? When it was 100% guaranteed that there would be leaks ? Get your head out of the sand and make an official announcement.

Hudo

Sony won't do jack fucking shit. Third-parties are their core business pillar, they won't piss them off. Without them Playstation would be done. This is just some PR stuff they're doing here.

Sony won't do jack fucking shit. Third-parties are their core business pillar, they won't piss them off. Without them Playstation would be done. This is just some PR stuff they're doing here.
What utter nonsense. 3rd party studios will be begging for forgiveness if Sony comes down hard on them. No support from Sony = 1 less platform to sell product on for the studios.
Good luck selling by the same numbers on Xbox dude.... Yeah, you see why this is total BS?

Common sense. Sony has the power here, not the studios LOL

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Why do they care? It's not like Xbox is releasing a pro version.

Legal, it doesn't always has to do with the platform holder itself, but also information from AMD features, chipset or being in other people their hands.

So Tesla or some other car brand should just release all details from their upcoming future cars? Just for the people on the internet who then can cry and bitch?

What utter nonsense. 3rd party studios will be begging for forgiveness if Sony comes down hard on them. No support from Sony = 1 less platform to sell product on for the studios.
Good luck selling by the same numbers on Xbox dude.... Yeah, you see why this is total BS?

Lol that guy is utterly stupid to think that PlayStation would be in trouble. A studio begs to release their games on PS. Does he think these games would sell themself on some platform that doesn't exist?

Last edited:

Hudo

Studios have also power because that's how Sony sell their fucking hardware. Remember how they cried like little bitches when Microsoft bought Activision and how much fuzz they've made about CoD still being available to Playstation? Microsoft attacked their core business here, which is being the console where all the third-parties gather, always has been. From day one of the PS1 days.

Third-parties may need Playstation, yes. But Sony sure as hell need them as well.

Dr.D00p

Why are they even bothered?

It's not like they have worry about a rival mid gen update launch from Microsoft.

They have the field to themselves...so stop whining and just reveal it officially and let everyone get on with it.

Top Bottom