• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: PS4 is the most powerful gaming device ever conceived; big reveals at Gamescom

injurai

Banned
Maybe it means brought into reality. Like conceiving a baby.

Odd choice of words, though if you limit it to consoles I guess he's not wrong. Still...weird.

I am now thinking if mark cerny and ken conceiving a child.

Well the PS4 is Cerny's child and Kens grandchild. I don't like where your mind is wandering...

Maybe it means brought into reality. Like conceiving a baby.

Odd choice of words, though if you limit it to consoles I guess he's not wrong. Still...weird.

I am now thinking if mark cerny and ken conceiving a child.

I'm thinking of Kutaragi literally giving physical birth to a machine. That was probably almost an early PS3 ad.

omonimo

Banned
How exactly is it okay or legal to say that when my computer would run laps around the PS4, holding it's breath?

One would think that is false advertising and blatantly lying.

Microsoft said thanks to the Cloud xbone can pratically to fly, take your conclusions.

BigDug13

How exactly is it okay or legal to say that when my computer would run laps around the PS4, holding it's breath?

They should have added "for $400" to that statement to make it accurate. But I'm guessing that's what he meant. In the console world.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
"Look here's a phrase for you that someone I worked for once gave me which is, 'if you do things first you do it for your customer, if you do it second you do it for yourself'.

hu44G.gif

sirap

I'd buy a PS Eye just for that pong game. Would be great to play that with my dad, pong was his first video game.

I actually don't like the sound of that. I want games at Gamescom, not services.
Agreed. TC made it sound like there were game reveals at Gamescom, but that quote doesn't suggest that at all. :( Seems like we're definitely goin to get the exact launch date though.

No one cares about your computer.

So true.

Nobody gives a shit about your completely pointless suped-up PC which largely plays games that are dictated and designed for consoles to begin with. Consoles bring powerful hardware to the masses. Which is what drives game design and development. Not the less than 1%ers out there with a powerfu, suped up PC's. Most PC's aren't gaming PC's, and out of those - the ones that are gaming PC's are probably a few years behind the PS4 (like mine is, considering we don't buy new graphic cards every fucking 1.5 years) and an even fewer percentage of those PC's are like 'yours.' This isn't a target audience for game developers who work on big budget games. So again, which is why, literally - nobody cares about your computer.

Tratorn

Lol at the people who are saying he's talking bullshit.
Maybe you should read what he's saying and not the troll-title.

This interview is great.

Nestunt

Don't get too cocky, Sony.

my biggest worry

I am buying a console for 7 years (taking the current gen as an example)

and since they are already starting without much competition, I am afraid that empowers them to dictate the rules, instead of the consumer

Since I am buying a PS4, I really hope that Titanfall is that killer app for non-hardcore gamers and makes Microsoft recover some ground, generating the same type of pressure that lead to what the PS4 and the Sony philosophy we are so triumphantly glad.

We also saw what the hegemony of the PS2 made the PS3 into. I'll never forgive Sony for my first experience with Bayonetta

Mokubba

This looks great. The camera is already a solid purchase without games just because of Playroom.

As for what he said I don't see how it's being cocky. They know they have the momentum but like he and Andrew House or was it Jack said. it's going to be a long battle ahead.

RoKKeR

Agreed. TC made it sound like there were game reveals at Gamescom, but that quote doesn't suggest that at all. :( Seems like we're definitely goin to get the exact launch date though.

That is a plus, I'll finally be able to circle my calendar.

Though, if Naughty Dog is at Gamescom then all will be swell.

Your PC isn't a gaming console. Currently the PS4 is the most powerful gaming console to ever be conceived.

Didly

Banned
Say what exactly.

Say that it is the most powerful gaming device ever conceived.

I realize they mention, afterward, "and certainly ever developed and at a price that feels very acceptable" but that doesn't change much. Price means different things to different people. For the price, my computer provides much better value, for instance.

Microsoft said thanks to the Cloud xbone can pratically to fly, take your conclusions.

Yeah, they did. I think it's a dangerous road of misinformation and ignorance pandering that we are going down as gaming comes into the limelight more and more.

I really wish companies could be held to a higher standard than this. How about we just call it subsidized, exclusive dedicated servers? Oh, is that bad for marketing? Well, part of a good marketing campaign is being clever and taping into the truth of the product to sell it, not wrapping it in lies and then selling it.

Your PC isn't a gaming console. Currently the PS4 is the most powerful gaming console to ever be conceived.

They didn't say console. Why are you bolding it? They said device. Words have meanings and the words you choose are important and shape the final idea of the sentence.

Before anyone of you get too creative and your imaginations run wild, I'm stating that I am getting a PS4. I'm against Xbone. This isn't be indirectly defending Microsoft by dissecting the words that come from Sony.

I'm just disgusted by the state of business, at large, and how information for the "next generation" was handled.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Context is everything. I think he really meant it as "at a manageable price".

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Then they should have specified, "the most powerful gaming device ever concieved... for this price range".

Gara reiterated that Sony's main goal with the PS4 was to deliver the most powerful console at a price that gamers consider to be acceptable, underlining its perceived status as the next-gen games console designed exclusively for gamers.

C'mon.

Then they should have specified, "the most powerful gaming device ever concieved... for this price range".

" Gara reiterated that Sony's main goal with the PS4 was to deliver the most powerful console at a price that gamers consider to be acceptable, underlining its perceived status as the next-gen games console designed exclusively for gamers."

Read the OP, please.

WTF why is homuhomu doing persona 3?

off-topic: scene is from the lastest movie trailer

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
It shouldn't be that hard to read "ever conceived" fully in context. It's only a couple of lines:

"But secondly to design a piece of technology like that it's very easy to deliver one or the other, in particular I'm talking about the price and the performance trade off. It's very hard to deliver both and for me the balance that's been delivered across those two is outstanding. So it's great to be going to market with what we believe is the most powerful gaming device ever conceived and certainly ever developed and at a price that feels very acceptable, certainly based on the pre-order volumes that we're seeing."
Ever conceived in terms of price/performance ratio.

Honestly, if you have a beefy PC with a big GPU it isn't going to be running laps around anything. In fact, I bet you can barely lift the fat bugger off your desk. You got the tech version of Butterbean.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
People focusing on certain statements and ignoring everything else is the reason why sites like this go with clickbait titles. They know it will work. Oh well, it was a good read anyway.

I wonder what they will show at Gamescom? Bunch of new IPs would be excellent.

Concept17

PS4 is cheaper than XB1.

Sony is likely going to making a lot of comments from here on out about how PS4 is the more powerful console, despite price difference.

It's hardly surprising they would be saying this. Also, they should.

Top Bottom