• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony teasing The Order sneak peak at 1pm PT today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny956

Isn't Fridays when you announce bad news? Especially with it being a holiday weekend. Show a trailer then announce its coming 2015.

Doffen

MS shows games early = E3 keynote will be awesome and full of brand new stuff
Sony shows games early = E3 keynote will be shit

Oh gaf... never change. :D

Seems to me that the poster you quoted was more concerned regards the possibility of The Order: 1886 being delayed, than Sony's E3 keynote being "shit".

:)

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
People seem to think it will be something significant... but I'm not holding my breath. I expect a 5 second gameplay teaser.

I think it'll be a sizeable chunk of info along the lines of Driveclub.

I'm still pondering that 'blink' reference and remembering that the devs said the franchise could be set at varying times in history. I know I shouldn't think it, and I know I'm going to be disappointed ... but what IF ...

Kaswa101

Isn't Fridays when you announce bad news? Especially with it being a holiday weekend. Show a trailer then announce its coming 2015.

If they give a date and it's early 2015, then I'd be okay with that tbh.

Trailer better be hella good though.

johnny956

That's something we can rule out, especially if not even the CTO of a company knows what's being shown.

Just seems strange that they are showing this Friday afternoon before a 3 day weekend (at least in the states)

If they give a date and it's early 2015, then I'd be okay with that tbh.

Trailer better be hella good though.

Personally I'm okay with it as well. Lots of games to play this fall unless more delays end up happening

If they reveal a 2015 release date today, I think this is nothing more than Sony trying to get ahead of bad publicity. There was a lot of chatter yesterday about a delay being announced on May 27th. Sony may have thrown this together in a hurry just to get everything out in the open and avoid another Driveclub situation. Especially since RAD didn't seem to be aware.

I'm still pondering that 'blink' reference and remembering that the devs said the franchise could be set at varying times in history. I know I shouldn't think it, and I know I'm going to be disappointed ... but what IF ...
indiana_jones_grail_knight-resize.jpg

Pennywise

If they reveal a 2015 release date today, I think this is nothing more than Sony trying to get ahead of bad publicity. There was a lot of chatter yesterday about a delay being announced on May 27th. Sony may have thrown this together in a hurry just to get everything out in the open and avoid another Driveclub situation. Especially since RAD didn't seem to be aware.

Where the hell is the delay rumor coming from ?
Apart from some random comments from users who know nothing, I haven't seen one real indicator.

vpance

Yes, it's what I thought initially as well. It's the perfect time to do something like that. Long weekend, hoping people will forget (and forgive), etc.

Salex_

He's not wrong. From the footage shown earlier, the game looks like another third person shooter, but with quick time event melee.

Looks pretty though, so that should suffice for many.

We seen less than 30 seconds of gameplay. Would you watch a random 30 second cover section from Resident Evil 4 and make a conclusion about the entire gameplay and it's mechanics?

Maybe I'm different, but I don't like judging gameplay off of a few seconds. Especially when we haven't seen most of the gameplay details mentioned in the gameinformer article.

KingK

The reveal trailer was not CG, it was real-time like everything else in the game.

Here's the gameplay thread from February: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=775712

Ah, I completely missed that. Haven't really been following gaming side the last few months since I'm still stuck in last gen and I won't be able to afford a PS4 for another year or two.

The graphics look pretty incredible. Gameplay looks like a solid TPS from that short video, but I'd really like to see some of the crazy/unique weapons I recall them talking about in action.

bombshell

Uhm wat? it says 8PM GMT, i'm GMT+1 and i'm now 30 minutes away from that time.

Are you sure you're not GMT+2? Summertime and all. Threw me off too, that's why I put 45 minutes at first.

Blog specifically says "8.00pm GMT/9:00pm BST/10.00pm CET" <-- This is me, 1h30m from now.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
wait.

Are you sure you're not GMT+2? Summertime and all. Threw me off too, that's why I put 45 minutes at first.

Blog specifically says "8.00pm GMT/9:00pm BST/10.00pm CET" <-- This is me, 1h30m from now.

You're right, thanks.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
He's not wrong. From the footage shown earlier, the game looks like another third person shooter, but with quick time event melee.

Looks pretty though, so that should suffice for many.
Exactly!! Oh brother another third person shooter. It's gray and has men in it. Fuck this game!

Where is colorful action JRPG shooter white rpg hybrid emotional dialog choice game with innovative new gameplay!!!

Sony sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom