• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Xperia Z5, Z5 Compact & Z5 Premium (First 4k Display on Phone) Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just discovered that Expansys is selling unlocked Z5s in the US for a decent discount:

http://www.expansys-usa.com/s.aspx?sid=77585822&man=SONY&search=xperia z5

A bunch of Android related sites have reported on it, but I've never heard of the site tbh.

Expansys is legit. They've been selling phones for like 20 years and one of the go-to's for people buying unlocked phones.

I'm waiting for the z6c myself, but if it doesn't have 1080 and 3gigs of ram, I'm probably going to get a z3c and call it a day.

janoDX

I need a little advice, I have an iPhone 6 now, is the move to an Xperia Z5 Compact worth it?.

Because I'm tempted to buy one to change my iPhone.

I'm pretty set on a Z5 at this point. Do you guys think it'll be announced for the US market any time soon (or at all), or should I go ahead and order from Expansys?

I need a little advice, I have an iPhone 6 now, is the move to an Xperia Z5 Compact worth it?.

Because I'm tempted to buy one to change my iPhone.

I'd say it's worth it. You'll get way better battery life, waterproof, sd card support, front facing stereo speakers, more camera control, etc. plus android is more open so you customize your phone more.

MegaPanda

$650 CDN for the Z5 is exciting news for me. Hoping Bell will price the Z5P around $800-$850 which is much better than the $1000+ I was expecting

Was considering getting this instead of an iPhone, but reading that it's laggy and sluggish is making me reconsider. I love how smooth my iPhone is.

2real4tv

Porto and Lisbon can be very diferent cities when it comes to tastes in all product areas, so I can see how it'd be more popular there!

Personally the 4K display of the Z5 Premium has me interested in trying it out. I can't afford it but I'm so curious to see what 800ppi looks like. How much more incredible it is...

Especially in beer selection..lol

kitch9

Banned
According to some sources the 8MP setting shoots better shots than the 23MP. So much fail.

Uhm, why do you think that shouldn't be the case? The 8mp image is created by post processing the data from the 23mp sensor.

Use 23mp in good light and 8mp in poor light.

Kweh

Are there any good cases out for the Z5? I don't want anything that will bulk it up, something nice and thin if possible.

norm9

Would love a z5c just as I wanted a z3c. Too bad verizon didn't offer it and only offered the gimpy z3v.

Kvik

Are there any good cases out for the Z5? I don't want anything that will bulk it up, something nice and thin if possible.

I like Spigen: http://www.spigen.com/products/xperia-z5-case-ultra-hybrid?variant=6714273025

z5_uh_detail01_clear_grande.jpg

They didn't make one for Z5P though, bummer. :-\

Fezan

absolutely loving my z5P....

do you guys like bumper cases ? i just bought one... (mine is in red)

Z5P13.jpg

Z5P1.jpg

Z5P21.jpg

Z5P7.jpg

you can get them for z5, compact aswell.... the site is http://twdevilcase.com/

--

also does anyone know where i can buy a short strap for my z5p so i dont drop it?
I really am tempted to buy the chrome version. It really looks beautiful and unique

Kvik

You guys got your Z5P already? I'm still waiting for mine :-\

What's your impression so far? Battery life, responsiveness, ease of app/data transfer from old smartphone, etc?

vivftp

I'm really hoping the rumblings of a new Z Ultra variant come true. My 2.5 year old Z Ultra is still chugging along, but I'd kill for a modern replacement

L3E2

I like Spigen: http://www.spigen.com/products/xperia-z5-case-ultra-hybrid?variant=6714273025

z5_uh_detail01_clear_grande.jpg

They didn't make one for Z5P though, bummer. :-\

Personally, I don't recommend this phone case if you're in search for something with good protection. Today my boss accidentally dropped my phone ~2 feet off the ground and the back glass cracked pretty bad. I've had the phone for less than 2 weeks and the case was put on under 24 hours ago. So sad right now.

I find everything else about the case to be good though, very comfortable, gives you a good grip and it isn't bulky at all. If you are prone to dropping your phone, from even small heights, you should probably look at something else.

Kvik

Personally, I don't recommend this phone case if you're in search for something with good protection. Today my boss accidentally dropped my phone ~2 feet off the ground and the back glass cracked pretty bad. I've had the phone for less than 2 weeks and the case was put on under 24 hours ago. So sad right now.

I find everything else about the case to be good though, very comfortable, gives you a good grip and it isn't bulky at all. If you are prone to dropping your phone, from even small heights, you should probably look at something else.

Shit man, sorry to hear that! At least it cracked the case and not the phone itself. I don't mind paying $15 to replace the case, though. I'd prefer something slim and unfortunately for Z5P, there aren't many options yet.

Anyway, I got this one for my Z5P: http://orzly.com/manufacturers/sony...-bumper-case-for-xperia-z5-premium-clear.html

It's the same style as the Spigen one.

Malvolio

absolutely loving my z5P....

do you guys like bumper cases ? i just bought one... (mine is in red)

you can get them for z5, compact aswell.... the site is http://twdevilcase.com/

--

also does anyone know where i can buy a short strap for my z5p so i dont drop it?

edit: wrapped them pics in a quote

Have the same case for my Z3. Aside from not being able to use the magnetic charger I picked up, I love it. I've always been a huge fan of simple bumpers as I can't stand losing the feeling of touching the glass and not some screen protector. More importantly, it's been over six months and the phone is free of all flaws and scratches.

Quick question.

Is there any reason not to prefer the Z3+ over the regular Z3?

From what I've heard the Z3+ has some overheating issues if pushed hard. So I guess it would depend on how much you expect to use it.

Erebus

Have the same case for my Z3. Aside from not being able to use the magnetic charger I picked up, I love it. I've always been a huge fan of simple bumpers as I can't stand losing the feeling of touching the glass and not some screen protector. More importantly, it's been over six months and the phone is free of all flaws and scratches.

From what I've heard the Z3+ has some overheating issues if pushed hard. So I guess it would depend on how much you expect to use it.

Is it that bad huh? Doesn't the new Z5 series have the exact same CPU though?

Malvolio

Is it that bad huh? Doesn't the new Z5 series have the exact same CPU though?

It does, but Sony made changes to the cooling which appears to have helped. Personally I would opt for the Z5 if you are a power user, but the Z3 is still a very powerful and capable phone.

Toxa

Was considering getting this instead of an iPhone, but reading that it's laggy and sluggish is making me reconsider. I love how smooth my iPhone is.

never heard this before sony UI is known to be smooth very close to andoid stock and better than touch wiz

my previous was z2 and there's no much diffenrence between z2 and z5 but still a nice upgrade.

pretty happy with my z5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom