• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Gamescom Media Briefing On "Release Plans for PlayStation 4"

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Develop speculates that Sony may have signed a deal with the makers of Dear Esther re. their next game.

http://www.develop-online.net/news/45125/Dear-Esther-dev-The-Chinese-Room-working-with-Sony

Dear Esther developer and UK firm The Chinese Room could be set to make a reveal its Dear Esther spiritual successor Everybody's Gone to the Rapture as a PS4 exclusive at Gamescom this evening.

Studio creative director Dan Pinchbeck tweeted:"Tonight is the night you really want to be following @ChineseRoom not this twitter feed. Just a little heads-up to make the switch…"

The developer is set to take part in the PlayStation roundtable after the Sony conference, where it could discuss an exclusivity agreement.

kmax

Sony has been pretty mum ever since E3, so it's going to be exciting to see what they'll bring to the table. I'd love to see a bit of the indie side of things, as well as some in depth look on some of the exclusives.

I'd wager that we won't see any bombs, but you never know.

KlotePino

Goddamnit work starts an hour before this starts so I'm gonna miss it. Is it weird that I'm sorta hoping that I'm not missing out on much?

Liberty4all

Banned
I want to see Sony drive the spike in even harder in 3 hours. They have been so quiet since their triumph at E3. With Microsoft going into overdrive it will be interesting to see if Sony brings the rain today.

daoster

I really do wish americans would stop trying to make the term soccer happen. It's annoying.

I know this has nothing to do with this topic, but I wish people would stop with this. Soccer is a strictly English (as in the country of England, not the language) term. Association football shortened to soccer.

Anyways, back on topic.......Yeah!!!!! Event today!

I think even though Microsoft made a shrewd move with the FIFA game...don't think it puts them over the top against the PS4. Excited to see what Sony decides to bring to this event.

kaskade

I can't wait. While not quiet e3 levels of excitement, my level is pretty high. Some new games + finally getting a release date with my launch preorder is awesome.

Liberty4all

Banned
After the crash and burn EA conference going on right now, my hype level is a little muted. Still I have hope ... please Sony save the day!

$h@d0w

@jeffgerstmann: Trying to get in early so we can watch that Sony press conference as a group, maybe live stream it, that sort of thing.

get giantbomb hype

Shining

Well, i'm out. It's time to hit the traffic and go home to make some preparations. Need to pick up some of that Dove, too. See ya'll in a couple of hours!

Russian_Foont_fan.jpg

Razlo

I was pretty disappointed by what MS had at Gamescom, hoping Sony will be more interesting, but I'm keeping my expectations low.

th4tguy

As a stereotypical American, I feel completely lost, confused, and threatened by all this Fifa talk.

Why can't they just use their hands?

Top Bottom