• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Gamescom Media Briefing On "Release Plans for PlayStation 4"

darkwing

Community Manager at Sony Xdev:

Zcm1bIW.png

W1hRbpN.png

HYPE RISING!!!!!!!!!!

tub ready

Gartooth

Battlefield 4 comes out October 31st in EU and "shortly there after on next gen"

PS4 not coming out in october confirmed.

My own personal guess is that MS moneyhatted EA into not releasing Battlefield 4 for PS4 until the Xbox One releases so to not give the PS4 an early advantage on next gen Battlefield.

Chill, Microsoft could moneyhat BF4 release date or they don't want to blow Sony's surprise.

To be honest I hope for Killzone to have some air to catch before CoD and BF4 hit.

lol who really believed the PS4 would come out in October

launching without 3rd party support is suicide

but there ARE games coming out in october that have nextgen versions. the PS4 version of each game could just launch alongside the current gen versions but since these companies are saying "next gen consoles" plural that means they aren't going to drop it with the current gen versions.

so the support COULD be there but the third parties just won't do it. EA in bed with MS sure goes a long way. wish i was that good in the sack.

bankster

Banned
Battlefield 4 comes out October 31st in EU and "shortly there after on next gen"

PS4 not coming out in october confirmed.

Didn't you see the wink? They couldn't confirm the release date, so they had to say "shortly after." This confirms nothing. If anything it nods to next gen being released very close to BF4 launch.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
My own personal guess is that MS moneyhatted EA into not releasing Battlefield 4 for PS4 until the Xbox One releases so to not give the PS4 an early advantage on next gen Battlefield.

My guess is that EA is not going to announce PS4's launch date.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Would I be surprised? No. MS must have dropped a ton of cash for what EA is giving them already.

x1 comes with free fifa to win over EU...

ps4 comes with a free madden to win over NA...

EA wins.

lets see it happen sony.

Not gonna happen. EA is firmly in bed with Microsoft now. And there's no reason for Sony to add more to the value of the ps4.

Also... I think EA pretty much just confirmed it's not an october release. Why would sony even bother releasing early if they aren't getting the big games until the same day as the xbox one?

PJV3

EA conference has further deflated my Hypebubble, Sony you need to deliver or I am going to become a monk.

ugh i really can't muster up ANY hype whatsoever for next gen right now. I mean where are all the AAA genre defining/creating exclusive Killer apps of days gone by? Instead of Halo, Mario 64 etc. we now get "next gen versions" of already existing games on previous systems or if we're lucky we get a couple sequels with slightly better graphics/framerate etc. I suppose the real system sellers will only come later on in the dev cycle!

That said: i am still hoping for some VITA announcements here, as i don't own one yet and am pumped to get one!

Would be really really awesome if they showed an awesome new game. That game that people would hype till fall of 14' but I guess that ain't happening.

Tratorn

EA said again on their conference, that BF4 will be coming to next-gen "just a bit later" for next-gen consoles...
I think an october release is unlikely for PS4, the launch-lineup wouldn't look really strong without all the big november franchises.

It's hard to think about work, knowing in an hour and a half, Sony will announce that the PS4 is shipping in a few weeks and that it will be $50 cheaper and come with a year of PS+ and is bundled with Knack.

PJV3

People would still buy a PS4 and play what is available for a few weeks, you still get the big 3rd party games when they release anyway.

sense

Valve and Sony partnership to counter ea and ms partnership is my guess. We shall see if my blind prediction comes true.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
It's hard to think about work, knowing in an hour and a half, Sony will announce that the PS4 is shipping in a few weeks and that it will be $50 cheaper and come with a year of PS+ and is bundled with Knack.

boom - this has been my whole morning, on top of the fact i have a trip booked tomorrow too.

can't get anything done! i just have a shot of unanimated birds sitting in front of me and a stream of gamescom going!

S¡mon

Banned
EA is a really big company and has lots of fans, but else I'd be sure that Sony would have pulled a stunt like: "Oh, jeez EA... uhm, about all those titles you were bringing out this holiday season? Yeah, something is wrong with the certification... but we think we'll fix it around Christmas, maybe January. Until than, you can't release your games."

I mean, come on, Sony must be pissed. Activision, Electronic Arts and Ubisoft now all have big deals with Microsoft.

darkwing

S¡mon;77362471 said:
EA is a really big company and has lots of fans, but else I'd be sure that Sony would have pulled a stunt like: "Oh, jeez EA... uhm, about all those titles you were bringing out this holiday season? Yeah, something is wrong with the certification... but we think we'll fix it around Christmas, maybe January. Until than, you can't release your games."

I mean, come on, Sony must be pissed. Activision, Electronic Arts and Ubisoft now all have big deals with Microsoft.

dat warchest

Top Bottom