• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Import impressions thread

Shawn6661

JeuxVideo.fr Import Review

+ incredible multiplayer
+ insane lifespan
+ clear crafting system
+ perfect game both locally and online
+ perfect solo also
+ strategic at every moment
+ very efficient

- monsters and arenas gets repetitive
- prepape to a lot of DLC
- online pass

9/10

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yes, there will be a lot of DLC, but the first 5 (?) packs will be free anyway, so whatever.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I just hope the story is good. Are there cool CG or ingame cutscenes?
I think there are 2 or 3 CG cutscenes in the game - opening/ending or something like that.

Japanese is getting 2 new free DLC bosses later today (since it's technically Thursday already). Ogre and Dwarf - the first one looks like a reskin of Cyclops, but the Dwarf might be all new.

NjyznUb.jpg

oaek4mV.jpg

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I just killed the 2 new DLC bosses, at least their easy versions (5 stars for the Dwarf and 7 for the Ogre).

Ogre's moveset is a bit different from the original (Cyclops), but I can't really say anything specific, because the stage was small and he was behind my golem most of the time.

Dwarf is an interesting and really annoying boss, which jumps around and has a lot of fast/aoe attacks.

Not bad.

Genkobar

I'm really liking this game, despite the slight repetitiveness of the arenas and enemies. Yes, this is a boss rush game, but the solo mode is quite expansive and with a lot of narrative to keep you intrigued. The reason they can do so much narrative is likely because it's not told through CG cutscenes, but with voice actors narrating the pages of the magic book in your cell, Librum, as you flip through it. Sometimes you'll have stylized art to go along with the narrative, and sometimes moving pictures, and all the while you'll have the beautiful orchestrated score by Yasunori Mitsuda and Wataru Hokoyama changing with the tone of the narrative.

Even though I don't understand the Japanese quite well enough yet, it's very engrossing.

The arena variety grows as you progress through the story mode, so you don't run the risk of getting bored of everything before you're half way through the game, and the enemy behaviors and combination is good enough not to be an issue. It's also a loot game in that you receive spells after every mission, especially if you get a good score. Then you can level them up and combine them, which is fun, and finding that perfect load-out for that one boss you've been struggling with is awesome.

Top Bottom