• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice (Vita) Demo impressions

has anyone gotten a plant shield? If so how do you get it?

I saw someone using it online but idk if they had the item or got it from the environment. Could be a Cerberus level thing because I know there are plant weapons there.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
uhm, stupid question: I backed up to my laptop for when the full game comes, so everytime i unlock something i gotta re-uploaded the ~1gb demo? seriously? and if i want to use the demo save i gotta put the 1gb demo on my vita? o_O

Grinchy

Banned
The LiveArea screen tells you when you've hit certain milestones in the game such as high scores and time played (every 5 hours, I believe).

Also, when you are loading your save file, you can hit the "?" button to the right of the slot. It gives the exact amount of time you have played.

Lucent

If you're breaking your magic, you're playing the game wrong. Recharge them when they start flashing red by sacrificing enemies and using the recharge areas.

Yeah. It's part of the challenge. You're managing stuff. Just be thankful they did away with stamina for running. =P

when the demo came out i was all "let me try it to make sure i like it". now i'm 37 hours deep, 500+ sacrifices, 80+ high rank finishes, and 100 phantom quests completed. yup, i'm getting this.

Lucent

Nope! You play more in Hell!

j/k =P

Edit: What's great is my last week of college for the semester is the week after this comes out. I'll be looking for a job, of course, but this means I'll be more available to do some GAF hunting.

Number45

So it definitely makes sense not to bother with fusing unless you have the lowest level offering in your inventory. Used my level 3 healing seed because that was all I had. >_<

ZeroAKA

So it definitely makes sense not to bother with fusing unless you have the lowest level offering in your inventory. Used my level 3 healing seed because that was all I had. >_<
Yeah, you really have to watch out for those things so that you don't use up a 3-star offering. What did you fuse it into?

Number45

The AoE heal. Not a massive problem, I can run the goblins a few times and get it back in no time.

Anyone have any thoughts on the max healing seed vs. the 3 star version? The max versions ups the healed amount to 130 but reduces the uses to 5, so the 3 star version actually effectively heals for more given full consumption throughout a fight.

SharkJAW

The AoE heal. Not a massive problem, I can run the goblins a few times and get it back in no time.

Anyone have any thoughts on the max healing seed vs. the 3 star version? The max versions ups the healed amount to 130 but reduces the uses to 5, so the 3 star version actually effectively heals for more given full consumption throughout a fight.

I think it'd be safe to assume you can upgrade the max seed star to increase its uses.

Baust

I'm currently 5 hours deep in the demo and am completely loving it so far. I've just got a strange question. Do you get anything for squashing the bugs inside the cage?

Number45

There's no bestiary in the game is there? Would be nice if the lore section for each monster at least listed their weak element once you've discovered it.

matmanx1

Anyone found a vulnerability for the Ghouls (little harpy enemies) or the Orcs (cat enemies)? I think I've hit them with everything element wise but haven't seen a vulnerability message yet. Not a huge deal but I was curious.

Mondriaan

I'm currently 5 hours deep in the demo and am completely loving it so far. I've just got a strange question. Do you get anything for squashing the bugs inside the cage?
You get slime on your hand. The slime disappears after a few seconds. I got "lucky" swatting at random.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
is there any way to get more spells aside from using the hold x item things...?

i keep finding i'm running out of all spells really quickly and i feel like im doing no damage... atleast in the cerberus fight.

Which is valid strategy. Cerberus can easily kill those cats.

That disc attack has its uses but the funniest thing to see is one of them doing that suction attack that's strong enough to move Cerberus. It's no longer funny when you end up in it also and usually in front of Cerberus doing a attack :(

jorgeton

So I've clocked over 20hrs on this demo :| count me in as day 1 on the full version. Would love to join up with some Gaffers and take on some tougher quests when the game drops.

Also, the menu music is so catchy/insidious. It won't leave my head! Do we know who's responsible for it? Is it Mitsuda?

wilflare

And you wanted multiple bosses at once. =P

haha it's me.
and I still stand by it.. would imagine it being super difficult... but gloriously fun as well

EDIT: multiple-stage boss too would be fun as well..
like you destroy it... and when you saving/sacrificing it, it transforms into another hugeeeee monster... and the whole process begins :O

dezzy8

I don't know how I've spent over 15 hours in this demo. Im definitely buying this day one. I'm so glad that the game save transfers over to the retail version.

Lucent

?

I was kinda groaning about it being there, you got the wrong person sir lol

My bad...>_<

haha it's me.
and I still stand by it.. would imagine it being super difficult... but gloriously fun as well

EDIT: multiple-stage boss too would be fun as well..
like you destroy it... and when you saving/sacrificing it, it transforms into another hugeeeee monster... and the whole process begins :O

Yep, it was you. I guess he I thought of him cuz he mentioned something about it. =P

But yeah I imagine it would be fun as you get more powerful. I wonder how much DLC support it'll get.

Best strategy is to load up on stone attacks and have one person lure Cerberus with that plant and use the shield to block his charge. Everybody else attacks. One other person has the same lure/shield load out to replace him if he is dead/injured.

JoeFenix

The monsters need to build up stagger resistance like in MH, you can make Cerberus look like a complete fool with 4 decent players.

He's CONSTANTLY on his ass, getting all his attacks interrupted, sure it's fun but it's also way too easy to do.

Dynamic3

The monsters need to build up stagger resistance like in MH, you can make Cerberus look like a complete fool with 4 decent players.

He's CONSTANTLY on his ass, getting all his attacks interrupted, sure it's fun but it's also way too easy to do.

Looks like we have the Cerberus master over here. Want to invite me to your party as I have yet to down him?

wilflare

how good is this game graphically?

some moments do look pretty awesome (the boss monsters, thus far)
character models look decent.
some ground textures look poor... but you get so caught up with the game you hardly notice (until you are well into the victory sequence)

DigitalOp

Banned
I see you got your wish wilflare. Its gonna be tough fighting 2 bosses but I cant wait.

So I just had my first martyr kill. Fighting Cerberus, 1 of my team members got sacrificed earlier on so most of the match was 3 on 1. That shit was intense and a ton of fun. Its like the AI tried to single us out whenever it noticed we weren't grouped together. Anyway..

After we duked it out for 20 min in the main arena..

We took the fight to the spawn area circle. Cerberus was going crazy and we put a good beating on him with 2 golems pinning him down. I saw he was in red so I thought I could finish the match with a Black Rite. It doesn't kill him.... I fall about 6 minutes later, Call out to my team to sacrifice me! Both my mates run over to me. One pops a shield out, the other starts the sacrifice! (Thats freaking teamwork!!!)

My sacrifice destroys Cerberus! It was the sickest match I've played yet. Really felt like some epic anime shit man. haha. The perfect scripted battle. I really love this damn game.

I finally got some Timesand for my reward. I want a Golem so bad!!!

EDIT: BUY SOUL SACRIFICE, Lets get a GAF Clan going STAT. It'll be like some Fairy Tail shit HAHAHA

ZeroAKA

EDIT: BUY SOUL SACRIFICE, Lets get a GAF Clan going STAT. It'll be like some Fairy Tail shit HAHAHA
This isn't the Vita thread. :p

Apparently there are differences in the names of Sorcerer ranks depending on the region.

EU/JP:
Legendary
First-Rate
Second-Rate
Third-Rate
Inexperienced

NA:
Divine
Legendary
First-Rate
Second-Rate
Third-Rate

Not sure why this was necessary, but it'll make some of our discussions very confusing...

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
So is the talking book the only way to get Lacrima? I'm confused about where to get it and it seems to refresh so slowly - do you get it as a drop from quests at all?

Top Bottom