• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulcalibur V |OT| Go home and be a salary man!

Mit-

Does anyone know if Twitch is shutting down streams of this game pre-launch? Similar to what they were doing when Ultimate Marvel came out?

If they aren't, I may be able to stream Wolfkrone playing this game tonight.

"Does anyone know if Twitch is shutting down streams of this game pre-launch? Similar to what they were doing when Ultimate Marvel came out?

If they aren't, I may be able to stream Wolfkrone playing this game tonight."

It's entirely reliant on what Namco wants. If Namco complains, the streams not approved by Namco will get taken down, likely.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Google translated DLC Tracklist:

AFTERGLOW-A SILENT PRAYER SCBD
BRAVELY FOLK SONG SE The theme of Cervantes
THE WIND AND CLOUDS SE The theme of Mitsurugi
HORANGI ARIRANG SE The theme of the fan
SOUL AND SWORD SE The theme of Siegfried
WORLD ATLAS COLLAPSED SE Soul Edge Theme
DUELISTS SC1 The theme of Mitsurugi
THE CURSED IMAGE SC1 Waterfall Theme
CHASING DOWNSTREAM SC1 Theme of Yoshimitsu
WING OF FAITH SC1 Theme Sofitia
UNBLESSED SOUL SC1 The theme of Ivy
BRAVE SWORD, BRAVER SOUL SC2 Mitsurugi, Taki theme
HUBRIS SC2 Shanfa theme of Kiriku
RAISE THY SWORD SC2 The theme of Nightmare
GUIDED BY WIND SC2 The theme of the Tarim
CONFRONTATION SC2 Charade Theme
EPHEMERAL DREAM SC3 Snow Flower Theme
COURAGE ABLAZE SC3 The theme of Cassandra
ENDLESS WARFARE SC3 The theme of Raphael
TIME MARCHES ON SC3 Theme Zasarameru
FORESAKEN SANCTUARY SC3 Mitsurugi, Siegfried theme
HALCYON HARBOR SC4 Sailor's paradise
THANATOS SC4 Special big boss battle
PHANTASMAGORIA SC4 Tent illusion
DESTINY WILL TELL SC4 Encounter Tower of Memories
INFERNAL OFFERING SC4 Kunpetoku dream temple ruins
No 'In the Name of Father'? Wat?

Honestly they should have just stuck the SC1 up as DLC and not bothered with the rest. That OST is just awesome.

FinKL

I dont understand how certain Leixia's moves just break guard out of no where no flashing...Do certain attacks just break guard?

DrDogg

Man I'm gonna need that guide after all. I understand so little of the technical side of Soul Calibur, and I wanna play ZWEI more than anyone.

The guide has frame data, so I'm picking it up just for that.

The Mitsu preview that was posted seems questionable in terms of strategic content (at least that's what some Mitsu players are saying), but I can't confirm that until I've read the sections for my characters.

Oh well I tried to hold out until Tuesday but had to go get it...

I like it lol, I like it a lot. Feels so much like 2

cb52fa80.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Played until 5 AM with my brother last night. Using my main (Yoshimitsu) vs his (Natsu). Fun times! I wish I had cheap shit like SC2 though lol...

Is this a much different fighter than something like MVC? After buying MVC3 and being turned the fuck off by the game wanting you to memorize these 300 button string combos and requiring that you throw your life out the window to have the time to dedicate enough time to getting even remotely decent at the game, I need something a bit more straightforward to say the least.

Just haven't been a fan of these incredibly overwhelming fighters as of late. They're cool games but I don't have the time or will to get good at them.

DR2K

Banned
Is this a much different fighter than something like MVC? After buying MVC3 and being turned the fuck off by the game wanting you to memorize these 300 button string combos and requiring that you throw your life out the window to have the time to dedicate enough time to getting even remotely decent at the game, I need something a bit more straightforward to say the least.

Just haven't been a fan of these incredibly overwhelming fighters as of late. They're cool games but I don't have the time or will to get good at them.

There are tons more moves in a 3D fighter, but most are piss easy and natural to execute. It's more muscle memory than anything else. SC(and most 3D fighters) is definitely more straight to the point than the average 2D fighter.

GrayFoxPL

Takes time to learn this one too. Memorization too. Not long strings but when to use particular move and how to follow up.

They do have a demo of Soul Calibur 4 if you want to mess around with 2 characters on XBOX live

May do that. I'm no stranger to the franchise despite my questions, I played a lot of SC2 and some SC4, but I don't really remember how "complicated" they were.

There are tons more moves in a 3D fighter, but most are piss easy and natural to execute. It's more muscle memory than anything else. SC(and most 3D fighters) is definitely more straight to the point than the average 2D fighter.

Pretty much this. More moves per character but in general less execution heavy than your standard 2D fighter.

SUPARSTARX

Oh is it okay to stream it?

I just got the game and I'm going to run through the story mode and try to unlock some stuff

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Have others found it at Walmart or are those getting it early hitting up mom n' pop shops in NYC and the west coast? I have the game pre-ordered and paid for with a Best Buy gift card I got over the holidays, but I'd totally rush out to a K-Mart or Walmart if they broke street date...

I played 2's story mode to death and would love to have that again.I will only play online with a friend who wont buy it for another year, too. So I can wait if there isnt SP content I want to play.

Didn't SC2 have a "story mode" consisting mostly of "you're in this Egyptian dungeon, a fighter stands before you"?

Only real worthwhile story mode was in Soul Blade.

Is that opening video with SCIV Sieg and Knightmare realtime? If those character models are in the game I wonder if they'll be DLC.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Anyone tried to get a early copy from Walmart in Pico Rivera, LA area?

I called, but the guy say if it come out tuesday they won't be selling it till then.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
So you can make a CaS character with kilik's moveset right? Can anyone elaborate which iteration of kilik it corresponds to?

Top Bottom