• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulcalibur V |OT| Go home and be a salary man!

Thetinman

I have the game and have tried to put SCV on two different 360 HDD for some reason I can't anyone else having this problem? thanks

So after playing for awhile it definitely has a SC2 feel to it with speed and the games pacing. It feels like once you have momentum with a strong offensive your opponent is almost screwed. For me it's hard going from being able to GI whenever I want to having to pick and choose when to use it. Though it adds a lot to the gameplay element and how you play.

Brave edges are so sweet, I'm not a fan of ivy's SS being a BE and the new input command for CS but I will make due,

Since they made this change with GI being dependent on meter I see Cervy being really good with his GI's.

Though I haven't had a whole lot of playtime yet when I get back from dinner with the wife I'm going to put in some serious work, because I need to unlock alpha pat and see how setsukas style has changed

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Haven't unlocked much yet, so there's room to improve on my Solaria.

q3875.jpg

Anyone see a reliable list of unlockable items and weapons yet?

Branson

So any idea at this point which system this would be better on? My only lean is the PS3 version for the controller.

Can you edit that Kilik model and assign one fighting style to him... Xiba for instance? Or is his attire selectable in CaS mode?

No. Like the official characters you can't change the fighting style of mimics either. As for his attire I've got around 17 hours logged so far and I have yet to unlock any of it (if it even is unlockable).

"Ummm....wat? Seems Aris found a fuzzy guard glitch?"

Sounds pretty bad initially, but no while landing attacks and recovery on landing added with Guard Breaks and Guard Crush leaves it up in the air as far as how game breaking it is.

"Ummm....wat? Seems Aris found a fuzzy guard glitch?"

Sounds pretty bad initially, but no while landing attacks and recovery on landing added with Guard Breaks and Guard Crush leaves it up in the air as far as how game breaking it is.

I have a feeling it's going to slow down the pace of the game a lot. Keep it grounded.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I have a feeling it's going to slow down the pace of the game a lot. Keep it grounded.

I dont see it as a huge deal honestly. How many low to mid/high attacks are there in the game. Baiting this out with a low to a WS move prettymuch takes care of the whole tactic.

noodalls

In about a week I should be in a position to work out exactly how many frames a little hop jump takes. It's still fairly useless though without knowing how long each move would have take to execute, as that will determine whether the defender ends up in a better position or not.

noodalls rant about utility of total frames about to commence.

What's the fastest recovering low? How many frames of recovery when landing? Even if you bait the jump out, you will land be able to block before you get your next fastest move out?

On face value, seems like a form of option select blocking (thread on 8way says it doesn't jump throws, thank goodness).

Seems pretty lame and safe. In theory I guess, if I am barely outside throw range, I would just move around and input the motion, so I am blocking everything and jump lows.

IDK, would have to mess around with it to see what's going on.

I could see it slowing down the pace of the game.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
What's the fastest recovering low? How many frames of recovery when landing? Even if you bait the jump out, you will land be able to block before you get your next fastest move out?

On face value, seems like a form of option select blocking (thread on 8way says it doesn't jump throws, thank goodness).

Seems pretty lame and safe. In theory I guess, if I am barely outside throw range, I would just move around and input the motion, so I am blocking everything and jump lows.

IDK, would have to mess around with it to see what's going on.

I could see it slowing down the pace of the game.

Slowing down definitely. There would be lots of frame data variables but I doubt its going to break the game (at least for now anyway).

V_Arnold

Nice stream stuff in there, I like how Wong approaches Xiba. And he knows Saiyuki, hell yeah!

Also, the music+stage color palette is simply mindblowingly AMAZING. Rushed amazing, dare I say :D

sephi22

Wong's relying too much on the GI+Super setup.
The Viola players and Markman were putting on a show. Markman's Yoshimitsu is nasty

Alx

I couldn't read the whole thread yet, but is anybody else annoyed by all the talking of the characters in some moves ? Like the "yeah cool" or "just kidding !" (or maybe that's just me making it up). The repetition itself is annoying, and they feel anachronistic.
I get the general impression that they tried to give the game a crazier tone. Even the Xiba movelist has its ridiculous moments (use the bo as a tail ?) while Kilik's was rather elegant.

Sectus

I couldn't read the whole thread yet, but is anybody else annoyed by all the talking of the characters in some moves ? Like the "yeah cool" or "just kidding !" (or maybe that's just me making it up). The repetition itself is annoying, and they feel anachronistic.
I get the general impression that they tried to give the game a crazier tone. Even the Xiba movelist has its ridiculous moments (use the bo as a tail ?) while Kilik's was rather elegant.

Characters talked quite a bit in the previous games too, I think the personalities are just more "in your face" this time around, especially some of the new characters like Natsu and Leixia.

Anyway, I'd say the best solution has always been switching to Japanese voices.

Top Bottom