• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulcalibur V |OT| Go home and be a salary man!

SUPARSTARX

Looks like you unlock them from "leveling up" your profile via arcade mode and online play. Don't know if offline VS battle works. You get points for winning and losing.

edit: VS battle doesn't work, but you can do Offline's Quick Battle which is just against premade AI characters and it gives you just about the same player points as Online matches.

IMG_0267.jpg

My creations so far.

1 and 4 are generic.

Guess the rest!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Looks like you unlock them from "leveling up" your profile via arcade mode and online play. Don't know if offline VS battle works. You get points for winning and losing.

edit: VS battle doesn't work, but you can do Offline's Quick Battle which is just against premade AI characters and it gives you just about the same player points as Online matches.
Thaaaaaaats incredibly lame.

V_Arnold

10 is Amy Pond (alternate one!), yaay! Took a moment to recognize, but I had help with the user's name :D
(Edit: Beaten, lol..)

2. Ned Stark
3. Jamie Lannister
5. Jon Snow (This one needs work)
6. She-Hulk
7. Kirk
8. Spock
9. Amy Pond (Curse of the Black Spot) You can't have her in a short skirt with that jacket so I had to go with jean shorts. Also, no red stockings that go all the way up but I think I just came up with another idea.
10. Amy Pond (The Girl Who Waited)

I've only got 68% of items unlocked. Not sure how I keep unlocking things. I guess I get more stuff the higher in level I go. Finished the Story Mode.

So I guess the SP stuff isn't real impressive huh? That's too bad. It's just a bare bones arcade style ladder right, with no character specific endings or anything?

I think Mortal Kombat may have spoiled me. But at least unlike MK this has a VS CPU mode.

D3VI0US

So I've watched a few Xiba vids and it looks like they removed a lot of the pokes from the style compared to Kilik, can anyone confirm?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Say, about CAS: is it possible to edit one of the official characters to give them another fighting style, besides just editing colors or costume parts?

NeonZ

So I guess the SP stuff isn't real impressive huh? That's too bad. It's just a bare bones arcade style ladder right, with no character specific endings or anything?

There's also the story mode, which is kind of like MK's, with a big story and such, but it's shorter than MK's, apparently only features 5 playable characters, and uses still pictures a lot of the time, not only actual animations.

There's also a Quick Battle mode, but it's pretty much just another way of going "Vs CPU", with the player choosing from 4 custom opponents and getting bigger rankings, and the "Legendary Souls" mode which is just another combat ladder, although against special opponents.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Say, about CAS: is it possible to edit one of the official characters to give them another fighting style, besides just editing colors or costume parts?

In videos at least, if you customize a pre-made character, the option to change fighting style is greyed out I think. So I assume no unless there is a way to completely rebuild a stock character as an original one using parts.

There's also the story mode, which is kind of like MK's, with a big story and such, but it's shorter than MK's, apparently only features 5 playable characters, and uses still pictures a lot of the time, not only actual animations.

There's also a Quick Battle mode, but it's pretty much just another way of going "Vs CPU", with the player choosing from 4 custom opponents and getting bigger rankings, and the "Legendary Souls" mode which is just another combat ladder, although against special opponents.
OK well at least there's a few extra things. Thanks.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Global Collosseo was added and some character balance tweaks. Other than that, I don't know if I can go in depth.

DR2K

Banned
Patching the game before release, lol. So fucking rushed out the door. This really should have waited until summer to release it.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Patching the game before release, lol. So fucking rushed out the door. This really should have waited until summer to release it.

The game had to come out now. If it didn't, then it wouldn't have come out at all this year.

They are already cutting it close by releasing two fighting games in the same calendar year.

alstein

I hope not, that killed it for me. It was a lot of tweaks that didn't make sense.

Well, this game has to be in better shape then launch MK. That said, I love patches and changes as long as they don't make things worse- it keeps things fresh.

What's Global Collasso?

Also how big up is the step in graphics, would those who have the game say? Significantly better than 4?

Wow. I haven't played 4 in over a year. I'd say it isn't much of a step up from what I remember. But that was a long time ago.

Looks great though.

Global Colloseo is interesting. It's basically a giant lounge broken down by country and city. You can look for people playing locally in your city. Text chat is available and you can just do pick up and play matches (from what I can tell, no one is using this mode - NO ONE). It was just enabled of course.

K.Sabot

Global Colloseo is interesting. It's basically a giant lounge broken down by country and city. You can look for people playing locally in your city. Text chat is available and you can just do pick up and play matches (from what I can tell, no one is using this mode - NO ONE). It was just enabled of course.

Great, every game should have this.

Especially the games with Blanka in them.

They could have taken three years to test and balance and as soon as people in large quantities got their hands on it they would need to make changes.

Oh that sounds neat.

njean777

Quick question for those who have played it, I main Raphael and was wondering how much have they changed from 4? I really disliked 4. Is it as fast as 2 was?

soakrates

I hope the patch leaves Maxi alone. He's so fucking awesome in this game.

Oh, and it's way too early to freak out about fuzzy guard, but I wouldn't miss it if it was patched out.

Soakrates, you live in SF, right? Wanna play some local battles in a couple weeks when we're more comfortable with the game? I'm trying to find people to play.

Top Bottom