• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Carolina warns of possible lizard men during eclipse

Forkball

DG2JEAGUMAUL5yV.jpg

The dark hour is upon us.

West Columbia, SC (WLTX) - The South Carolina Emergency Management Division isn't expecting any major problems on eclipse day, other than heavy traffic.

Oh, and maybe a Lizard Man sighting or two.

The agency sent a tongue and cheek post on social media Wednesday about possible paranormal activity on August 21, the day the total solar eclipse will pass through South Carolina.

Then also sent a map that has a list of possible Lizard Man sighting. (The Lizard Man, for those who don't know, is basically South Carolina's Bigfoot, although a scaly-reptile like creature rather than a hairy beast).

"SCEMD does not know if Lizardmen become more active during a solar eclipse, but we advise that residents of Lee and Sumter counties should remain vigilant."

They add, "if you see something, say something."

You can find much more...shall we say...'legitimate' news about the eclipse on WLTX's Eclipse page.

And don't forget: The South Carolina State Fair and WLTX will be offering a “totally” awesome tailgating experience during Columbia’s historic eclipse. For more details, go to the Total Eclipse Tailgate Page.

DGzCVZwXoAACPdv.jpg

The eclipse is on August 21st and will be the first total solar eclipse in the US since 1979. Stay safe.

norm9

lol. Looks like a "Haters Gonna Hate" meme.

On topic, I don't wanna run into that thing in a dark alley, especially during an eclipse.

HeatBoost

it speaks volumes to the tenor of the times that i am genuinely thankful this is just a bit of cheekiness and not an actual government agency, that is funded with tax dollars, warning the public about a cryptid

Is it possible Lizard Men do really exist?

I mean, what would you do if they appeared? Would they be like dragons and breathe fire?

Trump is the fucking (worst ever) President of the United States of America. Anything is possible.

Top Bottom