• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park RPG: First Screenshot And Combat Dev Diary

There's soooo much good material to draw from. But I'd like them to do more original stuff. I dont want a bunch of rehashing everything from past South Park's.

Yeah, I love South Park, but it's going to be really lame if every hidden thing is just a reference to the show. I'm hoping that a huge majority of the content will be totally new.

I don't even understand why people would get excited over a rehash of the show.

i thought you aussies resolved taht r18+ issue. or were steps taken but nothing came of it?

i am in the us, but i care because it bothers me when games are given differential treatment from other media.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Classification_Board#Classification_of_video_games

Basically the guy who was holding it up has retired (state Attorneys General are required to reach a consensus on new federal legislation iirc) but we still don't actually have the rating yet so anything which exceeds MA15+ will still be RC'd right now.

If you're referring to New Vegas issues, I'd blame the engine they were forced to use.

Just bugs in general.

Still mad that my recently playthrough of KOTOR 2 hit a game-stopping bug after 20 hours or so (even with official/unofficial patches). I know there are always excuses for why bugs exist, but if it's there it's there.

Given that Dungeon Siege 3 remained fairly bug-free, I'm not too concerned with this South Park game, but I'll still wait for reviews/player impressions.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I really want this game to be jam packed with secret stuff. Like...I want to unlock a hidden summon by saying "Biggie Smalls" in a mirror three times.

Love these videos, really interesting insight into how they're refining and iterating their game over the life of the project, and how Matt and Trey are directing things. Hopefully we start to see some more in-game stuff soon, everything about this game makes me giddy with anticipation.

butsomuch

Chris Avellone's LinkedIn profile updated
Over the years, I've worked with Interplay, Bethesda, Reflexive, Snowblind, LucasArts, Atari, SEGA, and THQ, and I'm currently working on the South Park RPG.

Previous RPGs I've worked on include:
Fallout: New Vegas DLC: Dead Money, Old World Blues, Lonesome Road (Project Director/Creative Lead Designer)
South Park (Narrative/Cut Scene Production Support)

Top Bottom