• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park - Season 18 - Begins September 24th @ 10PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrovex

I'm only bummed at the lack of Miku. The usage of holograms of characters and not using her was such a crime!

Otherwise, really fun episode.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Trey's a total otaku, so it's not outlandish.

That being said, the subject was more holograms replacing dead people, not fictional characters becoming holograms. Too bad they can't do that for another episode or it would be pretty redundant.

if it becomes a big thing mainstream i suspect it will get an episode. Hell if it wasn't for this season being 10 episodes long I would have expected them to do a Furry based episode this season

Trey's a total otaku, so it's not outlandish.

That being said, the subject was more holograms replacing dead people, not fictional characters becoming holograms. Too bad they can't do that for another episode or it would be pretty redundant.

Is he? Never knew that about him. I mean their representation of anime in the show has always been pretty stereotypical anime joke. I mean I find those funnier so it doesn't bother me, but Princess Kenny could have just been inspired by basic magical girl knowledge.

Burt

Is he? Never knew that about him. I mean their representation of anime in the show has always been pretty stereotypical anime joke. I mean I find those funnier so it doesn't bother me, but Princess Kenny could have just been inspired by basic magical girl knowledge.

They've always had a habit of (most likely purposefully) misrepresenting whatever social reference point they're using as the framework for the episode regardless of how knowledgeable they actually are about it. See: Magic fans complaining about the usage of Magic in Cock Magic, people wondering what the hell they were talking about with the 'gay weiner' stuff in the Game of Thrones/Black Friday episodes, and to go further back, Warcraft. Just a few examples in a sea of them.

More power to them for it. You can get a pretty good idea of who to tune out when their criticism of a South Park episode revolves around *cue cousin Kyle voice* "Ehh I'm very disappointed it failed in being faithful to the source material ehhh"

Excellent episode. I don't why but the part where Iggy Azalea's snowman behind starts singing had me dying. I couldn't stop laughing at that. Good finale to one of the best seasons of SP in years. Brightened up these cold Winter nights these past few weeks.

Hope next season is just as amazing as this one.

Kurt Cobain :(

Kyle's rhyme at the beginning :(

Loved the rehashing but the pewdiepie and cartman brah stuff was annoying

Was hoping for Mr Hankey or something from the past instead

Rembrandt

Banned
Disappointed by the finale. Had way too much going on and kinda just ended on a flat note. The Oculus episode was the best this season, imo.

Also the Cosby/Taylor thing would have been so much funnier if Key and Peele didn't already poke fun at how rapey that song sounds.

Baby its cold outside

Lots of people still don't know the lyrics so I was dying with the bill cosby version lol jeez

Yeah I thought Mr hanky was gonna make an appearance, felt like they were building up to him ....,......but nope PewDiePie the god

Baby its cold outside

Lots of people still don't know the lyrics so I was dying with the bill cosby version lol jeez

Yeah I thought Mr hanky was gonna make an appearance, felt like they were building up to him ....,......but nope PewDiePie the god

Well, to the majority of the internet they think he is god for some reason. Never would I think that Matt and Trey respect that guy, would of preferred it if they made fun of him instead like other celebrities on their show.

Everybody was expecting Mr.Hankey to show up at the end. It being PewDiePie might be a subtle commentary on him completely intended by Trey & Matt and recognizable to avid South Park fans, with PDP completely oblivious to this fact.

Not to be a broken record, but I enjoyed the show up until the ending. It was like they spent 2 episodes building up momentum only to fall flat on their face. I'm sure if I were a PDP fan I would have liked it more. It just seemed way too random to be the final moment of the whole season.

Tuck

^Agreed that the ending was somewhat weak.

Thought for sure Hankey was gonna show up.

Wish they didn't get Pewdiepie to play himself, would have been funnier had Trey done it.

Other than that, really enjoyed it.

Crocodile

Was that the season finale? Pretty good if you ask me. This season has been pretty good. South Park is usually super hit or miss for me but the episodes form this season I've seen have been good.

Wish they didn't get Pewdiepie to play himself, would have been funnier had Trey done it.

Yeah, I think that is what took me out of the whole thing. It would be like having the real Barbara Streisand show up at the end of the Mecha Streisand episode.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I really wish the season had built up to butters burning down the gym. That ending was weak

RPGCrazied

I still can't believe people subscribe and watch his videos. "This is how we headshot in Sweden!" Really? Ugh.

Anyway, besides him, I thought it was okay.

parasight

To everyone who disliked the ending, I think it worked. That was the point of the ending. And I don't think it was Matt & Trey praising PDP either.

RedBoot

To everyone who disliked the ending, I think it worked. That was the point of the ending. And I don't think it was Matt & Trey praising PDP either.

Exactly. We, the viewers, are the grandpas.

Meanwhile, I'm sure there's a bunch of younger viewers out there who loved seeing PDP at the end.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
If disliking PewDiePie makes me a grandpa, then by gum get those dern kids off my lawn!

It was an... interesting arc.

Haven't watched the episode but knowing Matt and Trey they would have more fun pissing off/trolling the young adult to adult generation, aka their fans, by having PDP do something positive than pissing off the PDP generation that would simply return to not watching the show. It's not like this is going to make people stop watching the show, they'd just consider these weak episodes to a very strong season and come back when there's more.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Exactly. We, the viewers, are the grandpas.

Meanwhile, I'm sure there's a bunch of younger viewers out there who loved seeing PDP at the end.

Yep. Stan and Kyle admitted they didn't and never would understand PDP's bullshit, and neither will I. PDP himself probably wouldn't understand that from watching the episodes he's in.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Well, to the majority of the internet they think he is god for some reason. Never would I think that Matt and Trey respect that guy, would of preferred it if they made fun of him instead like other celebrities on their show.

They did rib him a little. All the main characters except Cartman were calling him stupid. The message to me was, "Okay we think your act is fucking retarded and we don't get it, but a bajillion followers just doesn't fall randomly on any idiot's dick, so you must be doing something right. *brofist*"

That was a strange but fun episode. I loved how it tied the previous episodes together at the end with all the callbacks. Don't care for PewDiePie, but I get why he was there.

The only thing that didn't really get much closure was Lorde. They were building it up as though the hologram was going to do something shocking on the Christmas special, but she just kind of vanished. I was half-expecting her to start performing cock magic or something.

PKGaming

Banned
I used to really like PDP, but his videos eventually got pretty old and tired, so I stopped watching him. That being said, I don't dislike PDP and I'm actually pretty happy for him that he got to be on a show he likes so much. His acting was a bit awkward though. Compared to his Youtube videos, you can definitely tell between him reading from a script/memorizing lines and just saying whatever the hell comes out of his mouth.

Clydefrog

Underwhelming finale after they hyped it so well with their holiday special commercial. I agree with some of you that way too much was going on with little closure at the end. Oh well, it was still a fantastic season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom