• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Southern US in major drought - Fires now raging (thanks climate change!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We contribute based on the freedoms and opportunities given to us by our leaders. We could all have electric cars and renewable power now. That's not on us. Trump and his administration backing off from climate treaties, stripping funding, and returning us to coal and oil will devastate the world.

I had an university course about a decade ago. 400ppm CO2 concentration was given as the symbolic number that scientists and governments across the world are trying to avoid hitting.

We hit it this September. The world never even slowed down, in fact our emissions accelerated at an exponential rate.

Curbing CO2 emissions is the biggest joke in the world. And it's on all of us and we all deserve it. We never did anything at all and now it's too late. All Trump does is make our downfall that little bit faster. I look at him and what I see is ourselves without the self-delusion.

I had an university course about a decade ago. 400ppm CO2 concentration was given as the symbolic number that scientists and governments across the world are trying to avoid hitting.

We hit it this September. The world never even slowed down, in fact our emissions accelerated at an exponential rate.

Curbing CO2 emissions is the biggest joke in the world. And it's on all of us and we all deserve it. We never did anything at all and now it's too late. All Trump does is make our downfall that little bit faster. I look at him and what I see is ourselves without the self-delusion.
I feel you. We're startlingly close to transformative world events. We joked about the dinosaurs and then did it to ourselves. :/

It will only get worse - much worse, and all the political strife and conflicts of our time will become footnotes as the planet retaliates against us in ways dictators couldn't dream of. We have literally doomed our successors. We are an abject failure as a species.

More than though we are such an abject failure as the dominant species of the planet that we will be directly responsible for the extinction of a large number of other species on this planet past what we've already made extinct

Fox Mulder

I gotta say, blaming climate change on Trump is more than a little ridiculous. Given that each and every one of us have contributed to it our entire lives and as a whole continue to do so at an exponentially increasing rate.

Of course.

However, Trump and the republicans dont even think there's a problem. They will tear down as much of the little progress as possible.

It was too late anyways.

Famassu

Now imagine a super drought that lasts for decades, which has been predicted for parts of US (agriculturally important parts). More forests & other areas will burn. Some will just wither away & die without much rainfall. On a much larger scale.

MUnited83

For you.
He'll burn down the house in 3 minutes instead of 5, is what I'm saying. All of us set it on fire. And there's no fire brigade for the Earth.

Clinton if she was elected, would make a massive push for renewable energies. That something that was needed. Fucking China knows this, we needed the US to know it too. We had small chances to now zero.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I gotta say, blaming climate change on Trump is more than a little ridiculous. Given that each and every one of us have contributed to it our entire lives and as a whole continue to do so at an exponentially increasing rate.

Donald Trump has said repeatedly that's he's going to draw the US out from the Paris Agreement. If the US draws out, China and India would see no reason to stay in as well. Earth would be fucked.

Tigress

Whoh there little fella! I know you're angry, but my family lives there. You don't know how they voted. Fuck you.

My family lives there. They voted republican and we're rooting for trump. And they think climate change at worst is something mankind didn't do nor can do anything about. That's when they acknowledge it might exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom