• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Speedrunning Thread - RESETRESETRESET

TUSR

Banned
I can't access Google Docs at work, if it's not too much trouble could someone post the games?

K6VJxj3.png

a0TqroM.png

pOaPwIr.png

bHeEREC.png

Tizoc

OH SHI!
AVP ARCADE!

Karnov NES is a bad game? Thought it was well regarded o_O

Interesting they're going for the PAL ver. of Crash 2, IIRC there were a few things in it changed from the US release.

cacophony

yo im watching calebhart for the first time in a long time and holy shit he gets a lot of donations. does every streamer get donations like that? he made like $110 in 5 minutes

gamers are so easy to get money from lol

yo im watching calebhart for the first time in a long time and holy shit he gets a lot of donations. does every streamer get donations like that? he made like $110 in 5 minutes

gamers are so easy to get money from lol
There's a rumor going around that a lot of the big streamers set up fake donations in an attempt to get more viewer donations. I mean it's possible they're all legit, but the only ones who really know are the people receiving the donations.

Tizoc

Are those dates for the AGDQ 2015 subject to change? I might take a leave from work to visit family abroad and watch those vids.

Velcro Fly

First GDQ in a while I'm going to miss major parts of because of work. This really came up fast! Feels like SGDQ was only a few weeks ago but it was months. Still remember that FFVI run to close it out. Haven't even looked at the games list or schedule yet either. I do have a three day weekend for the start so I should be able to see a decent chunk of it.

If only I could get twitch unblocked from the internet at work...

TUSR

Banned
minecraft got cut from agdq

reason: the runners wouldn't practice

lul

Romscout said:
... the Minecraft runners have unfortunately not found enough time for proper co-op practice as they would have liked. They’ve only practiced for a single session since we spoke to them regarding the run, almost two weeks ago. Even though the runners seemed to show promising progress during that session, additional practice was required so that they were not in a constant state of de-rusting. With so little time left before AGDQ, we were not comfortable with keeping the game on the schedule and hoping that they would find a significant amount of free time for co-op practice during the holiday season.

Lmao.

I feel like it's pretty hard to get cut for not practicing. For the record, I only posted one practice update before SGDQ earlier this year three days before the marathon started and wasn't really streaming or actively practicing up until about a week before. Mike's understandably probably being a little more strict this time around, but still.

TUSR

Banned
I feel like it's pretty hard to get cut for not practicing. For the record, I only posted one practice update before SGDQ earlier this year three days before the marathon started and wasn't really streaming or actively practicing up until about a week before. Mike's understandably probably being a little more strict this time around, but still.

The problem with Minecraft is that its a coop run with an estimated run time of 1:50, too much risk here.

Interesting fact, the concurrent viewers for SGDQ2014 was lower than AGDQ2014, but overall there was more viewers for SGDQ2014.

wait, what game do you run?

also why is the 3D Mario marathon run a 100% 602 run, it should just be a 247 run (70 stars, 45 shines (any% minimum I think), 61 SMG, 71 SMG2)
also makes the Galaxy games weigh less than they do now, paricularly Galaxy 2)

TUSR

Banned
wait, what game do you run?

also why is the 3D Mario marathon run a 100% 602 run, it should just be a 247 run (70 stars, 45 shines (any% minimum I think), 61 SMG, 71 SMG2)
also makes the Galaxy games weigh less than they do now, paricularly Galaxy 2)

George runs Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1&3 iirc

TUSR

Banned
So hyped up for AGDQ 2015 I can't believe it's only a week away at this point. Feels like SGDQ 2014 just happened.

Another Christmas Mio avatar :O

Ill have the thread up in some form on the 28th. (Week prior to the start of the event)

Happy holidays all!

Jokab

Is the japanese version faster or is it just personal preference?

This is actually the Chinese version, played on the official Nintendo console iQue in China. It has much faster text and zero lag, which makes it way faster than any other version, minus the fact that the save warps are a bit slower.

LeleSocho

Banned
This is actually the Chinese version, played on the official Nintendo console iQue in China. It has much faster text and zero lag, which makes it way faster than any other version, minus the fact that the save warps are a bit slower.

He's talking about Super Castlevania 4

Top Bottom