• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Speedrunning Thread - RESETRESETRESET

LordAlu

holy crap dude, did you change your route or what the hell was the difference?
Movement. I've been practicing general movement and control rather than any tricks, and just the refined movement saved that time.

Thing is I still made a few mistakes that could probably save me another 20-30 seconds in total.

After that it will be route changes to begin making up more time.

jediyoshi

I don't know if I'm feeling the hype for cosmo's beetle adventure racing. I imagine the genre change is a nice change of pace for him in any case

I started running Final Fantasy Adventure because it's an awesome game, and I got a run today which I think is the WR with a time of 43:17. Not a lot of competition but I think the next best time for the NA version is around 45 minutes. Route is not perfect, I had good RNG but bad execution in the end, so I expect it to be beaten in the near future.
Take a look if you like FFA, it's a cool run with warps that skip the majority of the game.

http://www.twitch.tv/ggrap/c/5002397
All the cool stuff happens between 21:45 and 25:00 of the VOD.

Sordid

I started running Final Fantasy Adventure because it's an awesome game, and I got a time today which I think is the WR with a time of 43:17. Not a lot of competition but I think the next best time for the NA version is around 45 minutes. Route is not perfect, I had good RNG but bad execution in the end, so I expect it to be beaten in the near future.
Take a look if you like FFA, it's a cool run with warps that skip the majority of the game.

I loved this game when I was young, it was called Mystic Quest in Europe iirc. Nice run dude :)

Gunsmithx

I started running Final Fantasy Adventure because it's an awesome game, and I got a time today which I think is the WR with a time of 43:17. Not a lot of competition but I think the next best time for the NA version is around 45 minutes. Route is not perfect, I had good RNG but bad execution in the end, so I expect it to be beaten in the near future.

That was really cool, this is one of my favorite GB games, played the hell out of it back in the day, awesome work look forward to see the time improve.

I loved this game when I was young, it was called Mystic Quest in Europe iirc. Nice run dude :)

That was really cool, this is one of my favorite GB games, played the hell out of it back in the day, awesome work look forward to see the time improve.

Thanks. :) I played the German version which was also called Mystic Quest non-stop as a kid, that's what motivated me to run the game. I'll probably run that one (for fun and nostalgia) and the JP version (Seiken Densetsu) because it's faster as well.

kick51

Banned
Love that cosmo is taking on this monster SOTN mem corruption run!

also, TheMexicanRunner doesn't speed run anymore, but his NES Mania project is some good entertainment. He's playing every officially licensed USA and PAL NES game mostly blind*

*when it gets rough enough and he's absolutely stuck, he gets spoilers. and cheeses stuff like Jeopardy where the language barrier + archaic knowledge barrier is too much.

adam_ak is doing Phantasy Star Online runs atm too...which is dangerous to watch because it just makes me wanna play the damn game.

danielcw

Is there any game, where the best route for a speed-run is still undecided, or contested?
I.e.: some runners prefer route a, while others prefer route b?

Released

Possibly deserves its own thread because this is huge, but Behemoth got new Super Metroid WR using a pretty big routing improvement.

43:48

Anyone familiar with the game's speedrun should give that a watch. Really really cool route and strats.

LordAlu

Possibly deserves its own thread because this is huge, but Behemoth got new Super Metroid WR using a pretty big routing improvement.

43:48

Anyone familiar with the game's speedrun should give that a watch. Really really cool route and strats.
Heard about this in the ZM channel this morning, holy shit Behemoth. Gonna have to watch this when I get back from work.

I started running Final Fantasy Adventure because it's an awesome game, and I got a run today which I think is the WR with a time of 43:17. Not a lot of competition but I think the next best time for the NA version is around 45 minutes. Route is not perfect, I had good RNG but bad execution in the end, so I expect it to be beaten in the near future.

With more routing (with help from other runners) and practice I cut the Final Fantasy Adventure Any% run down by over 6 minutes. :). WR is now 37:08
http://www.twitch.tv/ggrap/c/5038263

Puncay just set a new WR on 120 star Mario 64.

1:42:55:11

2 seconds saved. He was behind nearly 20 seconds in the middle of the run, so lots of time to be saved still.

Edit - Dammit Enigma

Top Bottom