• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

Here's another set photo.

13509141_1315508885129471_3249414657794226390_n.jpg
Time for some nerd bullies

I want to hear about some characters. We got Peter, Aunt May, Vulture, Tony Stark... and the rest are all mysteries save a "Michelle," whoever that's supposed to be (Michelle Gonzalez?).

Where's J. Jonah Jameson, or Liz Allan, or someone?

I want to hear about some characters. We got Peter, Aunt May, Vulture, Tony Stark... and the rest are all mysteries save a "Michelle," whoever that's supposed to be (Michelle Gonzalez?).

Where's J. Jonah Jameson, or Liz Allan, or someone?

Don't expect Jameson to be recast for a looong time. Wouldn't shock me if MCU Spider Man never ends up working at the bugle.

Edwins

So Midtown's a science focused school. Interesting. I wonder if it's a private school with Peter as a scholarship student.

Any guesses on the various actors cast lately? I could see Hannibal Buress as Robbie Robertson (from the Daily Bugle if the name doesn't sound familiar), but he's a bit young. He might just be a teacher.

Edwins

I wonder if they're setting up Michelle to be something of a Kitty Pryde replacement from the Ultimate version. In the traditional Marvel Universe Michelle Gonzales was a roommate of Peter's in his adult life for a little bit. If this Michelle is a take on the character they're obviously going younger. In Ultimate Spider-Man, though, Peter does have a female classmate that also lives with him and Aunt May for awhile: Kitty Pryde. Yep, the X-Man. They obviously can't use her, so maybe they're using Michelle in a similar role.

When? Even when they had Tom Holland on screen you could see most of the suit on him was CGI, at least it looked like it. I have never seen a physical version of the suit through behind the scenes or onset pics either.

Tom remarked that he didn't like the way it fit because they didn't have time to custom tailor one for him.

Edit: I stand corrected. Huh.

Even the shot at the end when he's on the ground and his mask is half pulled up his face? Damn. They fooled me.

Kevinroc

So psyched for this movie. After a decade of terrible Spider-Man films.

All I need know is confirmation that Aunt May is trying to set Peter up with her friend's niece, and I think we're golden.

icespide

Banned
yeah spidey was 100% CG in civil war because of logistical reasons, not really because they couldn't do a practical suit. I fully expect a practical suit for homecoming
What about at the end of the fight where Tony told Peter to go home?

CG too, at least the actual spidey suit painted over a different suit digitally

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

This movie is rivalling Thor 3's, however, Spiderman has so many people that I feel like most will have barely any screen time.

There's a video where they talk about the CGI and apparently that, too, was CGI.

yeah spidey was 100% CG in civil war because of logistical reasons, not really because they couldn't do a practical suit. I fully expect a practical suit for homecoming

I mean, even if they had one, the fact he's basically flipping and swinging around in 90% of his shots means it would have had to be almost all CG regardless.

Peter's shirt says that Midtown was established in 2002.

The year that the original Spider-man film came out. Oh my god I think I'm getting old.

icespide

Banned

The year that the original Spider-man film came out. Oh my god I think I'm getting old.

every time I see a link to Tom Holland's twitter account and I see the 1996 in his username, I feel a thousand years old

Mariolee

Tom remarked that he didn't like the way it fit because they didn't have time to custom tailor one for him.

Edit: I stand corrected. Huh.

Even the shot at the end when he's on the ground and his mask is half pulled up his face? Damn. They fooled me.

That was definitely CG, and I'm surprised people didn't catch it more. It's the same deal with RDJ in the Iron Man suit. It just feels like the suit isn't hugging their body or projecting shadows onto their skin as naturally as a physical suit.

It sorta bothered me at the end, but that's why I'm looking forward to them doing a physical suit hopefully for this movie.

Part of what makes the CG in the previous Spidey films feel more real to me is because they had the physical suit and then transitioned into a CGI suit for the action scenes. Since it was all CGI for Civil War, it kinda took me out of the movie and felt like I was watching an animated Spidey rather than an actual person.

Edwins

Nice catch. It would be pretty great if there was a Sam Raimi cameo as the school's founder in a photo or something.

Maybe Donald Glover plays Zendaya's older brother or something. Dude looks a bit too old to be hanging 21 Jump Street style opposite actual kids.

man this Peter giving me maguire vibes. Love how dorky he is.

edit: fuuck man hannibal buress and michael keaton. this is shaping up to be best mcu cast.

Would be if Zendaya wasn't in it.

Top Bottom