• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

Are we expecting this to be the post credits scene?

tumblr_ncurg2YIjB1rn8962o1_1280.jpg

A Rhino post-credits teaser?!?!

Definitely!

Neoxon

I still want to see Mysterio, but it seems that he isn't in the cards this time.
Maybe for the sequel. But I'm still holding onto hope that they set up Gangland for the third film (Tombstone vs. Doc Ock vs. Silvermane vs. maybe Kingpin) & have Doc Ock in the 2nd film.

Kevinroc

Maybe for the sequel. But I'm still holding onto hope that they set up Gangland for the third film (Tombstone vs. Doc Ock vs. Silvermane vs. maybe Kingpin) & have Doc Ock in the 2nd film.

I'm not in a rush to see Doc Ock again. Alfred Molina was so good.

Pachimari

Please keep Doc Ock and Rhino away from film. Alfred Molina did a great job, so no need in seeing that again, unless he plays a lesser role and doesn't turn into the villain. Vulture, Shocker, Chameleon, Mysterio, Kraven - bring them on.

Neoxon

Please keep Doc Ock and Rhino away from film. Alfred Molina did a great job, so no need in seeing that again, unless he plays a lesser role and doesn't turn into the villain. Vulture, Shocker, Chameleon, Mysterio, Kraven - bring them on.
But Gangland........my hopes & dreams for this trilogy.......the build-up........the clash between 3-4 rival crime organizations.........Spidey toppling all of them........Green Goblin taking the spoils.

Pachimari

When I read your description of Gangland I would love to see it translate to movie, so I guess Doc Ock wouldn't hurt.. It's just that I found Spider-Man 2 rather boring but if the plot is the war between these organizations it'll be a different beast yeah.

Kevinroc

But Gangland........my hopes & dreams for this trilogy.......the build-up........the clash between 3-4 rival crime organizations.........Spidey toppling all of them........Green Goblin taking the spoils.

The Green Goblin... Speaking of villains I don't want to see again for a long time...

(Of the five Spider-Man films that exist, Peter has fought Goblins in three of them. And it was Harry in two of those three.)

Neoxon

The Green Goblin... Speaking of villains I don't want to see again for a long time...

(Of the five Spider-Man films that exist, Peter has fought Goblins in three of them. And it was Harry in two of those three.)
Exactly, we need the actual Green Goblin. It's kinda hard to avoid him, with Gobby being Spider-Man's arch-enemy & all. You have to introduce him at some point. Hell, bring in Norman Osborn early on, then introduce Green Goblin later.

Kevinroc

Exactly, we need the actual Green Goblin. It's kinda hard to avoid him, with Gobby being Spider-Man's arch-enemy & all. You have to introduce him at some point. Hell, bring in Norman Osborn early on, then introduce Green Goblin later.

The problem is they already did the "kill Gwen" story. And that's really the Goblin's claim to fame.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
We cant just have the B- and C-tier villains for the future. There will be a Goblin and a Doc Ock at somepoint, they just need to do this careful.

Neoxon

We cant just have the B- and C-tier villains for the future. There will be a Goblin and a Doc Ock at somepoint, they just need to do this careful.
Exactly, they have to tackle both of them eventually. I just hope that Marvel does it right.

Pachimari

To hell with them all, and just do Kraven's Last Hunt. Solo movie, done.

I wouldn't mind Normon Osborn having a large role as, well Norman Osborn. But I would also like to avoid the Green Goblin unless he is presented another way, to start with, with a more faithful costume.

Kevinroc

Kraven's Last Hunt should be built up. Just have Kraven appear as a minor villain in an earlier film. Make him seem like a total joke.

Then do KLH. The audience won't know what hit 'em.

Neoxon

I wouldn't mind Normon Osborn having a large role as, well Norman Osborn. But I would also like to avoid the Green Goblin unless he is presented another way, to start with, with a more faithful costume.
That's the idea, my friend. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Pachimari

Who was that villain that could turn you into water? I remember she scared me a great deal when I were a kid, and made me feel bad for Mary Jane.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield should have a cameo in this.

Just two guys sitting on a park bench, nonchalantly eating pizza, as they watch Spiderman zip by.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I have never seen Spectacular Spider-Man, and all the talk about really wants me to buy it right now, but I hate that its only avaiable on DVD... :/

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
I have never seen Spectacular Spider-Man, and all the talk about really wants me to buy it right now, but I hate that its only avaiable on DVD... :/

Isn't it on Amazon Prime or something? You should definitely watch it anyway, best rendition of Spider-Man in any media excluding comics (wherein it's Ultimate Spider-Man).

I'm so hyped for this movie (
don't even care if we have to see Uncle Bob die again
). I was the closest I've ever been to squeeing when I saw that "QUEENS" banner in the Civil War movie. Don't disappoint me, Marvel!

every time I see a link to Tom Holland's twitter account and I see the 1996 in his username, I feel a thousand years old
Only 3 years younger than me :p
Feels a bit too soon for Ock.
I guess you could replace him with an other super powered villain or wait a few years to use him again.
I rather see some villains that we haven't seen yet get the spotlight.

And, I'm sure Hannibal is slightly more well known than that guy who was in Queer As Folk.

It was the early 2000s(Spider-Man 2 came out in 2004), and by then, we already got two seasons of I Love the 80s(which since the first one, became quite a hit on VH1). There were a LOT of people who appeared on the "I Love" series throughout the 00s that you'd start seeing EVERYWHERE on EVERYTHING afterwards(and I'm aware some of them were on popular programs at the time, but after that, I saw them MORE). Not so much now, though.

Top Bottom