• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

SpaceWolf

Banned
Too bad the movie won't open with Peter in costume. I still think Amazing Spider-Man 2 had the greatest intro of any of the Spidey film, with him jumping down from a building to street level.

That wasn't the opening though.

The opening was a ten minute scene of Peter's parents fleeing the country on a plane, before they got attacked by spies, with Peter's dad uploading his top secret research to somewhere whilst getting shot at.

Classic Spiderman.

Slayven

I doubt it'd be as fun in high school Spider-Man. Fewer shotguns, floor sex, and post-wedding drunk sex, and regrets.
Don't forget the goblin cult
Those Michelle panels made me crack up so hard.
She is fucking batty, and reminds me of a roommate I used to have many years ago. She was, um, not all there. We eventually had to give her the boot. She was like a much more teary version of Adam Goldberg's character on Friends.

I'd love to see Michelle in Homecoming now. Keep her as batshit as she is in the comics. I never knew about her until GAF.

Parker has the best women. Ock is no slouch either

53886_original.jpg

Prompto

Banned
Too bad the movie won't open with Peter in costume. I still think Amazing Spider-Man 2 had the greatest intro of any of the Spidey film, with him jumping down from a building to street level.
You're forgetting the real intro of Amazing Spider-Man 2 was Peter's parents dying in a plane crash. (Man, Amazing Spider-Man 2 was dumb as hell.)

Pachimari

THe Marvel Studios president, Kevin Feige, is against opening a Spidey film with Spider-Man in it. He sent those notes to Sony when they were making Amazing Spider-Man 1.

That wasn't the opening though.

The opening was a ten minute scene of Peter's parents fleeing the country on a plane, before they got attacked by spies, with Peter's dad uploading his top secret research to somewhere whilst getting shot at.

Classic Spiderman.

You're forgetting the real intro of Amazing Spider-Man 2 was Peter's parents dying in a plane crash. (Man, Amazing Spider-Man 2 was dumb as hell.)
Fuck, why do you guys have to remind me hahahaha. Damn that's right. Oh well, the scene in itself was cool!

Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield should have a cameo in this.

Just two guys sitting on a park bench, nonchalantly eating pizza, as they watch Spiderman zip by.

This is a nice idea. Give Toby recognition for doing a damn good job in Spiderman 1 & 2 and give Andrew a nod for Amazing Spiderman 1 atleast.

This is a nice idea. Give Toby recognition for doing a damn good job in Spiderman 1 & 2 and give Andrew a nod for Amazing Spiderman 1 atleast.
Andrew wasn't the problem with ASM2. He was actually one of the better things.
he's also a lot better than Toby.

Andrew wasn't the problem with ASM2. He was actually one of the better things.
he's also a lot better than Toby.

I honestly haven't seen ASM2. When it comes to Toby vs Andrew as Spiderman I like them both for different reasons. I think Tobey edges out Andrew as Peter Parker and Andrew edges out Toby as Spidey. They're both too serious in what they do as Spiderman but not as deep as I feel the Spiderman character is. Tom in Civil war felt like a breath of fresh air so I can't wait to see what he does with the character.

I have ASM2 on one of my streaming services, I just haven't gotten around to watching. Someone spoiled it for me when it was in theaters so I never bothered.

I honestly haven't seen ASM2. When it comes to Toby vs Andrew as Spiderman I like them both for different reasons. I think Tobey edges out Andrew as Peter Parker and Andrew edges out Toby as Spidey. They're both too serious in what they do as Spiderman but not as deep as I feel the Spiderman character is. Tom in Civil war felt like a breath of fresh air so I can't wait to see what he does with the character.

I have ASM2 on one of my streaming services, I just haven't gotten around to watching. Someone spoiled it for me when it was in theaters so I never bothered.
It's definitely not as bad as people will tell you, it's watchable, has great production values and some good ideas, but its pretty flawed and has some terrible desicions, like all the music involving Electro. It's watchable though and somewhat entertaining. I might just have low standards as o thought Age of Extinction wasn't awful either.

mrkgoo

It's definitely not as bad as people will tell you, it's watchable, has great production values and some good ideas, but its pretty flawed and has some terrible desicions, like all the music involving Electro. It's watchable though and somewhat entertaining. I might just have low standards as o thought Age of Extinction wasn't awful either.

It's funny, I liked amazing spider man 1. And when I saw amazing spider man 2, I loved that too. A great depiction of the character in motion. A comic book movie through and through. Technically, better than the first.

But on second watch, however, I didn't get anything from it. It's like The movie is exactly a sum of its parts, no more. There's nothing really to look into it gleen aside from the spectacle. Which is a shame. I still like it and I think it's worth watching, but it just find that it's nothing special after the first viewing.

Edit: I just watched age f extinction the other day. I thought it was awful, lol.

It's funny, I liked amazing spider man 1. And when I saw amazing spider man 2, I loved that too. A great depiction of the character in motion. A comic book movie through and through. Technically, better than the first.

But on second watch, however, I didn't get anything from it. It's like The movie is exactly a sum of its parts, no more. There's nothing really to look into it gleen aside from the spectacle. Which is a shame. I still like it and I think it's worth watching, but it just find that it's nothing special after the first viewing.

Edit: I just watched age f extinction the other day. I thought it was awful, lol.
Yeah I only ever watched it once and I don't have the urge or interest to see it again, but I enjoyed it enough the first time. As for Age of Extinction. It was better than 2 and maybe even 3. It's just way too long and really disjointed, they had a few great story line ideas, the issue is they threw it all into one movie, making it way too long, nothing was fleshed out properly and the humans are just as annoying as they were before. Galvatron was cool even though the way he transforms is awful, the idea of being able to build transformers along with the idea of transformer black ops unit hunting other transformers is cool. But trying to fit all that together with little relation to each other and putting it all together was just bad. Inspite of that though there were things I enjoyed about it, but I should probably watch it again (ive also only seen it once)

mrkgoo

Yeah I only ever watched it once and I don't have the urge or interest to see it again, but I enjoyed it enough the first time. As for Age of Extinction. It was better than 2 and maybe even 3. It's just way too long and really disjointed, they had a few great story line ideas, the issue is they threw it all into one movie, making it way too long, nothing was fleshed out properly and the humans are just as annoying as they were before. Galvatron was cool even though the way he transforms is awful, the idea of being able to build transformers along with the idea of transformer black ops unit hunting other transformers is cool. But trying to fit all that together with little relation to each other and putting it all together was just bad. Inspite of that though there were things I enjoyed about it, but I should probably watch it again (ive also only seen it once)

I've watched ASM2 several times. I think it's fine and that's it. The actual technical aspects like action scenes and spider-man action is pretty good. And I actually really like the Rhino parts - Paul Giamatti really hamming it up is actually a plus for me.

Age of Extinction has some great set pieces, but it's otherwise pretty crappy. Too long, annoying characters and dialogue and story through out. The big thing of wanting to see changing robots is kind of lost, as they sort of do a lot of off-screen transformations, and then switches to the way they do it by the end. I was holding on waiting to see giant robotic dinosaurs, and that ended up not worth it lol.

I've watched ASM2 several times. I think it's fine and that's it. The actual technical aspects like action scenes and spider-man action is pretty good. And I actually really like the Rhino parts - Paul Giamatti really hamming it up is actually a plus for me.

Age of Extinction has some great set pieces, but it's otherwise pretty crappy. Too long, annoying characters and dialogue and story through out. The big thing of wanting to see changing robots is kind of lost, as they sort of do a lot of off-screen transformations, and then switches to the way they do it by the end. I was holding on waiting to see giant robotic dinosaurs, and that ended up not worth it lol.
Yeah I dunno, I like seeing robots beat the shit outta each other but the dialogue or characters in these movies have never been good so I guess I eventually just lowered my expectations accordingly. I'll probably give it another watch this week and see if I still like it as much.

Deadline: ‘Beasts Of No Nation’ Revelation Abraham Attah Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’

Abraham Attah, the 15-year old Ghana-born actor who was discovered while playing soccer and made a remarkable screen debut alongside Idris Elba as the primary child soldier Abu in Cary Fukunaga’s Beasts Of No Nation, has joined the cast of Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Platy

I really want to believe this movie is getting pretty diverse because New York ... but part of me still can see the white man in a suit like "so how do we really show that Peter is really poor ?"

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Jesus christ, how many people are in this movie? The extras are just gonna be a bunch of famous people like in This is the End.

TDLink

I think it's safe to assume that the majority of these teen actors are going to be playing minor characters with minimal dialogue who are just classmates of Peter's. I don't expect most, if any, to have major roles in the film.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I think it's safe to assume that the majority of these teen actors are going to be playing minor characters with minimal dialogue who are just classmates of Peter's. I don't expect most, if any, to have major roles in the film.

That's what I'm thinking, too. It's just not possible for this many actors to have significant roles, unless the movie is, like, ten hours long.

Edwins

Everybody gonna say Miles Morales, but he's really Hobby Brown aka The Prowler

Robert. Farrell. Rocket. Racer. One of the first lines in Rocket Racer's Wiki entry reads "Robert was a scientific prodigy". Midtown is now a science and technology school. It all fits, I tell you! Rocket Racer. You heard it hear first.

Well, if they are going with a 'John Hughes vibe' for the film and doing as they described with splitting it between Spidey stuff and highschool, we could get a big chunk of time in the classroom, far more than any other Spider-Man film so far (most of which probably have 10 minutes tops in school)

So even though there's a lot of actors, if Peter is going class to class and especially if highschool continues in a future film these characters could actually get developed

Edwins

I wish they would say who's playing who.

Beasts of No Nation kid- Rocket Racer
Childish Gambino-
Esteban
Morales
Birdman- Blackie Drago
Michelle- Zendaya
Hannibal- Kaecilius
That guy that had some pizza in The Incredible Hulk (not Ferrigno, the nerd guy)- Dr. Magneto
Stan Lee- Conspicuous Old Man That Get's A Line In The Middle Of A Scene
Marisa Tomei- Carnage

Top Bottom