• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

They all look so bullyable. Somewhere Flash is looking through some binoculars, biting his lower lip.

nerds1.jpg

How has she changed? She grew up and mature?

I don't know. I like the Michelle's character alot more unless there's more to Liz Allen.

She was a recurrent character in the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon and had good moments with Peter.

And I don't know, I think it makes more sense to have a girl like Liz than Michelle, which I don't know much about but seeing her backstory , she just doesn't quite fit for me.

jph139

Vulture is probably the most vanilla Spider-Man enemy. "Science dude goes bad, has animal gimmick, robs banks."

But you can do as much or as little as you want with him, so he's a pretty clear canvas.

Renpatsu

I'm under the impression that they intend to stick pretty closely to high school for Tom Holland's initial films so I'm hoping the stacked supporting cast goes along for the ride into the sequels.

Keaton is back on?

I thought he turned it down?

They lost him because they didn't have enough in the budget for Keaton and Downey Jr. A few weeks later, they found the money.

To soon IMO

If this were a Spidey Only universe where even the Spot would be cause to call in the National Guard, I'd agree with you. In the MCU where SHIELD, the Avengers, and the ATCU deal with enhanced criminals daily, it works. So long as there's only one mastermind level villain and they fill the ranks with memorable but not "carry a movie" tier villains like Vulture, Rhino, etc.

Vulture is probably the most vanilla Spider-Man enemy. "Science dude goes bad, has animal gimmick, robs banks."

But you can do as much or as little as you want with him, so he's a pretty clear canvas.

I disagree, his powers are slightly more interesting than a lot of B-type villains Spidey has, his big thing is draining energy more than robbing banks (in fact I wouldn't consider Toomes a second tier enemy, he is capable of handling Spider-Man's strength with his suit).

I love how Peter is the youngest he's ever been, and meanwhile all the villains are some old-ass dudes. Gonna be hilarious to watch.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/tom-rothman-spider-man-plans-904849

Sony Pictures chair Tom Rothman on future plans:

Since you teamed with Marvel, do you plan to make a whole Spider-Man universe? Do you have plans for more work with Marvel?
Yes to both those questions. It’s been fantastic, our relationship with Marvel.

Who has greenlight authority?
Sony has the ultimate authority. But we have deferred the creative lead to Marvel, because they know what they’re doing. We start shooting the new Spider-Man in Atlanta [in mid-June].

Good to hear confirmation that Marvel has creative freedom.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/tom-rothman-spider-man-plans-904849

Sony Pictures chair Tom Rothman on future plans:

Good to hear confirmation that Marvel has creative freedom.

There's also this:
Do you want to trim the costs of that franchise?
I don’t want to trim costs. I want to make money. And sometimes you make money by trimming costs and sometimes by investing in things that are profitable. A movie like Spider-Man by Marvel, that’s not inexpensive. But it’s a great investment. Knowing that Marvel has such a clear, creative vision, I sleep very well at night.

That's not something you expect to come out of Rothman's mouth, so it's great that he seems to be taking a different approach with Sony than he did with Fox.

Is Vulture confirmed to be a villain in this? He just seems too similar to Falcon imo. Maybe they could tie them together somehow.

Anung

Un Rama
Micheal Mando is great so I'm interested to see who he'll play.

Matthew McConaughey is the only person I want playing Osborne to be honest.

Is Vulture confirmed to be a villain in this? He just seems too similar to Falcon imo. Maybe they could tie them together somehow.

I could see that. General Ross hires Oscorp to create gear to pad out the bare bones Avengers lineup , the gear gets stolen (or leaked by Osborn to drive up his price) to a group if criminals who become the Sinister Six. Vulture tech is based on Falcon ' s suit.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I could see that. General Ross hires Oscorp to create gear to pad out the bare bones Avengers lineup , the gear gets stolen (or leaked by Osborn to drive up his price) to a group if criminals who become the Sinister Six. Vulture tech is based on Falcon ' s suit.
Please no Osborn is behind it all anymore. There is no movie without a direct Osborn related villain. Pls let this die for good.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

If the rumors are to be believed, the Vulture's flying suit is based on Chitauri tech found after the Battle of New York.

SpaceWolf

Banned
That logo looks like some winged animal, like a bird or a bat. So I guess that confirms the Vulture as the main villain of the film.

Oh damn, good eye.

I'm legitimately fascinated to see if the newsroom of The Daily Bugle is going to feature in this.

Avixph

Oh damn, good eye.

I'm legitimately fascinated to see if the newsroom of The Daily Bugle is going to feature in this.
How would the Daily Bugle work this day and age? I think it would have to be modified a bit to fit in since not a lot of people read newspapers anymore. I think something like from Fox News, TMZ, or something like the many late night TV shows could work.

How would the Daily Bugle work this day and age? I think it would have to be modified a bit to fit in since not a lot of people read newspapers anymore. I think something like from Fox News, TMZ, or something like the many late night TV shows could work.
It'll be MCU's Vice

No, but I could see them shifting to it being a more-website/online/etc.-based version of the Daily Bugle

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Make them a website like in the books.

Anung

Un Rama

The Daily Blogle.

tumblr_inline_nrrr5jVSYX1tvwaxl_540.jpg

"PARKER WRITE A BLOG POST EXPLAINING 10 REASONS WHY GAME OF THRONES PROVES SPIDER-MAN IS A MENACE"

Top Bottom