• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

Quick

Banned
Cyg7_0BW8AAnZox.jpg

Supposedly part of a teaser poster.

That small bit reminds me of this.

spider_man_three_ver2.jpg

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
"The Spider-Man: Homecoming footage was short but AWESOME," Penagos wrote. "Starts from Spidey's POV [Point of View], talking with Happy Hogan (Jon Favreau). There's a case from Tony Stark with an "upgrade" for Spidey. Then we see Spidey leap off a building, open his arms, web wings!"

h0F256o.jpg

NzYuLH6.jpg

I'm guessing this is the special package Peter receives in the trailer footage.

So principal shooting is done right? I can update the OP?

I remember a plane photo that said it was wrapped but then they were shooting in New York and Europe somewhere

Pachimari

Exactly, fuck that gliding. I hate that shit. Just make him swing around up in the air. Make use of Vulture to keep yourself up in the air, dive down, and swing yourself back up there. Not this chicken wing crap.

SpaceWolf

Banned
There's a case from Tony Stark with an "upgrade" for Spidey. Then we see Spidey leap off a building, open his arms, web wings!"

with an "upgrade" for Spidey.

"upgrade"

There's a case from Tony Stark with an "upgrade" for Spidey.

Then we see Spidey leap off a building, open his arms, web wings!

web wings!

Then we see Spidey leap off a building

web wings!

WEB WINGS!!!

tumblr_mntiolhySW1snpc3lo2_500.gif

Then we see SpaceWolf leap off a building

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I mean come on, how would a teen make a good looking suit on his own? He is intelligent not designer, that part in the comics wear he sews his own costume (that doesn't look like shit) always felt off to me.

Yeah, the way they just glossed over how Spidey made his own suit in the first Sam Raimi film didn't seem right to me.

The Kree

Banned
I mean come on, how would a teen make a good looking suit on his own? He is intelligent not designer, that part in the comics wear he sews his own costume (that doesn't look like shit) always felt off to me.

This is not good reasoning. A teen can make a nice looking suit the same way a teen can stick to walls using electrostatic friction.

A cursory glance at real world cosplay renders that point moot as well.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am amazed everytime how people go to discuss a guy who can lift tons, crawl on walls and then go on about how its stupid that his guy can make a cool costume.

Litan

I am amazed everytime how people go to discuss a guy who can lift tons, crawl on walls and then go on about how its stupid that his guy can make a cool costume.
He can lift tons and crawl on walls because a radioactive spider bit him and gave him super powers. He can make webbing because he's a really smart science nerd. Whats the reason he can make a bunch of suits? He's also really into knitting?

I can see the point that Peter is dirt poor and the materials cost a lot, but he's still smart enough to create this stuff. I don't mind Stark fabricating Pete's gear. That actually helps it make sense. But having him design it takes something away from Peter.

At least the flashes of Peter's proto-suit made it look like the design was all there, he just didn't have the tools to make it look as sleek as he wanted to until Stark came along. That's actually perfectly fine by me.

The Kree

Banned
He can lift tons and crawl on walls because a radioactive spider bit him and gave him super powers. He can make webbing because he's a really smart science nerd. Whats the reason he can make a bunch of suits? He's also really into knitting?

The spider bite gave him sewing abilities. C'mon, man. It's not that serious. LOL

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yeah, and who changes the wheels of the Batmobil and why does nobody at the Daily Planet recognize Clark Kent?

Top Bottom