• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

Nether!

I'm kinda recalling a Spider-man comic from like the seventies where Peter went to France with Robertson to and ended up having to save Jameson from Cyclone as Spider-man and had to come up with some ridiculously zany scheme to throw them off his track.

But I choose to believe these Germany scenes are flashbacks to Civil War, because don't they take a school trip to Washington DC in this? Two trips seem unnecessary and Spider-man was just in Germany in his last appearance.

Yeah, I've been reading all the old spider-man comics on Marvel unlimited and this sort of stuff happens all the time. I'm up to 1987 and I'm surprised everyone in New York doesn't know who he is yet.

but.. that's not at all what that article says? " There will be “real news as opposed to speculative news before too long.” is the only sentence on the whole thing. Am I missing something?

Well most of assumed this quietly died so the fact they're bringing it up again is disconcerting

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

From Rotham in June, though it's not a definitive statement.

Since you teamed with Marvel, do you plan to make a whole Spider-Man universe? Do you have plans for more work with Marvel?

Yes to both those questions. It’s been fantastic, our relationship with Marvel.

Who has greenlight authority?

Sony has the ultimate authority. But we have deferred the creative lead to Marvel, because they know what they’re doing. We start shooting the new Spider-Man in Atlanta [in mid-June].

Do you want to trim the costs of that franchise?

I don’t want to trim costs. I want to make money. And sometimes you make money by trimming costs and sometimes by investing in things that are profitable. A movie like Spider-Man by Marvel, that’s not inexpensive. But it’s a great investment. Knowing that Marvel has such a clear, creative vision, I sleep very well at night.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Found this pic of the Vulture on reddit:

ti19uee.jpg

Think it's legit?

jph139

Yeah, honestly, really don't care for the bomber jacket. Might look better in motion, but from what we have it clashes with the rest of the outfit.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
its just the brown of it that clashes if it was green it would blend in better i like the furry collar of the bomber jacket gives a good nod to his original costume with the feather plumage around his neck

richiek

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/11/0...eplacing-downey-and-the-blueprint-for-the-mcu

Kevin Feige finally confirms Michael Keaton will play the Vulture.

Doctor Strange features one of Marvel’s most memorable onscreen villains – Mads Mikkelsen’s Kaecilius. What other foes can fans look forward to seeing in the coming films?

We’ve had a wish list and most of them in the near-term are coming together. Cate Blanchett is playing Hela in Thor: Ragnarok. Michael Keaton’s Vulture in Spider-Man is something. And of course, finally, we’re showcasing Josh Brolin’s Thanos (in Avengers: Infinity War). We’re looking forward to that very much.

That is a pretty non faithful design for a MCU movie

Can't say I'm surprised given it's The Vulture really. I hope the final design is closer to that first bit of concept art we got though, those giant wings looked great. Are we thinking there's going to be some connection between Vulture & Falcon? Those wings are looking pretty similar.

richiek

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...a-romantic-interest-945559?utm_source=twitter

Zendaya talks about her character:

"My character is not romantic," she said, denying that she's playing Peter Parker's love interest in the movie. "My character is like very dry, awkward, intellectual and because she’s so smart, she just feels like she doesn’t need to talk to people, like, 'My brain is so far ahead of you that you’re just not really on my level.' So she comes off very weird. But to me, she is very cool because she’s deep. She’s always thinking about something, always reading."

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Zendaya, goddamn.

My wife's childhood friend looks damn near identical to her. And she lives in Miami and there's always people walking up to her asking her if she's Zee, Zendaya, etc. She came to visit us up in the Orlando area and I had no idea what the fuck was happening and why people kept staring at her, some guy tried to sneak a pic.

Until one person finally came up and asked...and I had no idea who the hell Zendaya was. Our friend said "no, I'm not her. But she is hot." The girl was like "are you sure? You guys are practically twins". Our friend just said "sweety, look at my ID."

They're even built the same way, same height, frame, everything. It's really freaky.

richiek

Glass Rebel

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...nation-time-see-kid-945320?utm_source=twitter

Here's an interesting tidbit from Tom Holland

Hopefully it will be better than Spider-Man 3.

That part in Spider-Man 3 was also funny though. Sure, it was the direct result of a lot of mistakes, especially in characterization, but still.

How does anyone say that with a straight face?

There are rare cases of Bell's palsy affecting both sides of the face.

richiek

Zendaya Insists She's Not Mary Jane In Spider-Man: Homecoming

In a recent interview with Entertainment Tonight, the actress told a reporter, “I’m not Mary Jane unfortunately, but I am in the movie which is exciting.”

When the interviewer asked, “Wait, you’re not Mary Jane,” Zendaya said, “No.”

“My character’s name is Michelle,” the actress insisted. However, her straight-faced delivery was dampened shortly after her plea. Zendaya can be seen winking over-dramatically at the camera, so fans are not quiet sure whether they should believe her claim.

What a tease.

Quick

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if they stick with the regular Marvel logo for posters. The trailer in December should be telling. This is still a Sony movie in the end, just connected with the MCU.

I don't see them not including the Marvel Studios fanfare at the beginning of the movie, though. Would be cool to see them do a unique fanfare logo for Columbia/Sony Pictures that complements the Marvel Studios one, speaking as a graphics guy lol.

Top Bottom