• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

GAMEPROFF

Banned
cf9cb7ea2adb1a653258b4959e9c0ba8.jpg
Quote for truth

BLACKLAC

Syndrome in The Incredibles
Shredder in TMNT
Loki in Thor
Yellowjacket in Ant-Man
Cypher in The Matrix
Venom in Spider-Man 3

None of these characters are similar to Sam Rockwell's Justin Hammer. (I assume you mean og tmnt, haven't seen the new one.)

Edit: Also Syndrome is one of my favorite villains of all time.

The Kree

Banned
None of these characters are similar to Sam Rockwell's Justin Hammer. (I assume you mean og tmnt, haven't seen the new one.)

Edit: Also Syndrome is one of my favorite villains of all time.

They aren't all bumbling wealthy weapons manufacturers. That's not what makes them similar though.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Justin Hammer is a evil version of Tony Stark without any ethics, I fail to see how Syndrome is a Evil Version of Mr. Incredible. Venom could be close, but not that joke that didnt had time to breathe in the Movies and this are mostly Transfers from the Comics. Loki is no evil version of Thor. He is jealous out of different reasons.
Yellowjacket may be the closest.

BLACKLAC

They aren't all bumbling wealthy weapons manufacturers. That's not what makes them similar though.

Syndrome in The Incredibles: Emotionally crushed by his childhood hero, grows up to prove how much better he is than his heroes and make what makes them special, normal.

Shredder in TMNT: A ninja pissed that Splinter fucked his face up (been awhile since I've seen this).

Loki in Thor: Tries to commit genocide against his own race to prove himself to his surrogate father.

Yellowjacket in Ant-Man: Extreme daddy issues.

Cypher in The Matrix: Disillusioned with how much reality sucks, looks to betray and kill his crew in order to be put back to sleep.

Venom in Spider-Man 3: Jealous Peter is better than him, nothing he can do about it until an alien symbiote gives him the power to kill peter.

Justin Hammer: A business rival who wants to show up Tony at a tech expo. At any cost....

They are not similar, at all.

The Kree

Banned
You're talking more about what they do, not who they are. Why ask for similarities if you're then just going to point out exact differences?

Point remains - Sam Rockwell ain't shit and neither was his character.

SpaceWolf

Banned
You're talking more about what they do, not who they are. Why ask for similarities if you're then just going to point out exact differences?

Point remains - Sam Rockwell ain't shit and neither was his character.

Who are they then, outside of largely being motivated by the emotion of envy in decidedly different ways?

Why would the film take place in 2018? What year high school students are the characters supposed to be? I was kind of under the impression that Peter was like a sophomore or junior in Civil War, and if that presumably took place in 2016, he'd have to be a sophomore at the oldest.

The way they described future sequels as well made it seem like they'd want to do at least one more film set in high school, so if Homecoming takes place in 2018, I kinda wonder if the unannounced Marvel film for 2019 The Inhumans' place is the Spider-man sequel. I dunno.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Why would the film take place in 2018? What year high school students are the characters supposed to be? I was kind of under the impression that Peter was like a sophomore or junior in Civil War, and if that presumably took place in 2016, he'd have to be a sophomore at the oldest.

The way they described future sequels as well made it seem like they'd want to do at least one more film set in high school, so if Homecoming takes place in 2018, I kinda wonder if the unannounced Marvel film for 2019 The Inhumans' place is the Spider-man sequel. I dunno.

Homecoming takes place in 2017 so the posters are advertising for the Stark Expo which will be held in 2018. Problem solved.

Top Bottom